Canadian Allocations

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've always loved and dreamed about getting a Toyota GR Yaris, however unfortunately they did not make it across the pond.
A few days ago Toyota announced the GR Corolla.
I went to my Local Toyota dealer and put down a deposit on one.
I'm number 3 at the dealership so pretty good odds I'll get one.
Going for the fully loaded circuit edition in that awesome silver-grey color.
I have a good feeling these over time will hold their values well or even appreciate.
Now I'm waiting on 2 cars.😳
Since I'm going for the silver grey GR Corolla I'll need to change my colour on the Emira as I don't really want two of the same color.
Looks like Nimbus grey is out, and Seneca blue is now the front runner.
Every time I see the yellow in Emira with the black roof it really starts calling to me, however I know that yellow cars garner lots of attention, not sure I want that.
I've had my deposit on for the GR Corolla since last september.

Anxiously waiting for more infos from Toyota Canada in the next few months.

bilal388

Reaction score
they got 60+ deposits, so that'll depend on the amount of allocations for 2023.
So based on my conversation and the number he told me, I am fairly confident about 2023. Summer 2023 is the up in the air though and that is what I am hoping for

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So based on my conversation and the number he told me, I am fairly confident about 2023. Summer 2023 is the up in the air though and that is what I am hoping for
Been dealing with Montreal since the announcement and confirmed my order a few weeks ago for delivery in november, I've had a great experience so far, you should be pleased with Bernard.

bilal388

Reaction score
Been dealing with Montreal since the announcement and confirmed my order a few weeks ago for delivery in november, I've had a great experience so far, you should be pleased with Bernard.
Definitely, I could tell that from our conversation. I am in a service oriented business myself and experience matters a lot so that is why I decided to go with them. Tony from Oakville was not bad either. Toronto(gentry) was mehh..

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Definitely, I could tell that from our conversation. I am in a service oriented business myself and experience matters a lot so that is why I decided to go with them. Tony from Oakville was not bad either. Toronto(gentry) was mehh..
My overall experience with Gentry has been hit and miss. I too value transparency and honesty. Nothing annoys me more than people who lie and cheat to make a sale.

For what it's worth... After putting in my deposit with Gentry (September), I had growing concerns with the lack of email response and feedback I was getting from them. So obviously, I started having reservations. (Especially living 3+ hours commute from Toronto) But in fact, after a couple of phone calls (trying to pry information out of them), they really didn't know anything and not comfortable divulging any information that was not publicly issued by Lotus. Especially if you talked to anyone other than Paul. It appears that Paul is the only person at Gentry that knows anything and would be willing share any information. He was very forthcoming and transparent with me. After a few conversations with Paul, I felt more confident in my decision to go with Gentry.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
While there has been communication, details to this degree hasn’t been shared with me. I’ve tried. I suppose patience is required. 🤷‍♂️
HI, just noticed your from Windsor! I'm out in Lakeshore. Which dealership did you choose to deal with? Toronto or Oakville? Where do you stand> I just put a deposit down a couple months ago.

BobbyT

Reaction score
I am Ottawa based and am told by Montreal that I am at top(close too I suspect) of list for 2024 delivery. Am told Montreal is getting 40 cars ... 20 in 2023 and 20 in 2024. So consistent with a previous post. I have other cars ... so can wait but am keen to keep Canadian delivery intell current. Thanks All, Robert

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am Ottawa based and am told by Montreal that I am at top(close too I suspect) of list for 2024 delivery. Am told Montreal is getting 40 cars ... 20 in 2023 and 20 in 2024. So consistent with a previous post. I have other cars ... so can wait but am keen to keep Canadian delivery intell current. Thanks All, Robert
Great first post and welcome to the forum !!

themeatbaron

Reaction score
HI, just noticed your from Windsor! I'm out in Lakeshore. Which dealership did you choose to deal with? Toronto or Oakville? Where do you stand> I just put a deposit down a couple months ago.
I’m from Amherstburg and made my deposit with Oakville. I had my deposit in since July 12th, 2021.. no idea where I am in line. Hopefully this year.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
20 cars in 2024?? that is shocking if accurate. Knowing Gentry is at 160 deposits and still have a demo arriving to do test drives for regular people will only see this increase. I am sticking with my original assessment. Lotus will not be able to satisfy demand for the North American market prior to 2025, if ever for the V6 Manual at least.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
20 cars in 2024?? that is shocking if accurate. Knowing Gentry is at 160 deposits and still have a demo arriving to do test drives for regular people will only see this increase. I am sticking with my original assessment. Lotus will not be able to satisfy demand for the North American market prior to 2025, if ever for the V6 Manual at least.
I think we are way beyond that. Current new deposits are getting quotes of winter 2024 delivery. There is no way Lotus can deal with additional deposits between now and late 2024 and somehow keep up.

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think we are way beyond that. Current new deposits are getting quotes of winter 2024 delivery. There is no way Lotus can deal with additional deposits between now and late 2024 and somehow keep up.
So are you saying I’m screwed? 160 deposits in Gentry, 159 deposits in Vancouver…if there’s a cut off where no more Emiras will be accepted, I want to know now so I’m not wasting my time waiting (or have my hopes up). 😭😣

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So are you saying I’m screwed? 160 deposits in Gentry, 159 deposits in Vancouver…if there’s a cut off where no more Emiras will be accepted, I want to know now so I’m not wasting my time waiting (or have my hopes up). 😭😣
No your not "wasting" your time. If you placed a deposit you will get an order/car.... but depending where you are in line it may be a late 2024/ early 2025 delivery. (or later) This is not unheard of in the automotive world. I know people that have placed GT3 deposits 2-3 years before a reveal. Or certain Ferrari's they will simply tell you "no". Now I am not saying that the Emira is like a GT3/Ferrari, but currently the demand far outstrips the supply. It may always be like this until it get discontinued. Which is I remember correctly was suppose to be in 2027/28? May get pushed to 2030, but no one knows. There will probably be a wait list until 2025 (which is 23 months away at the moment... crazy) and I personally think for North America at least, they won't ever fully satisfy demand. Meaning you won't walk into a Lotus dealer and find 2-3 brand new Emira's in the showroom. In the UK or Europe that may be a different story.

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No your not "wasting" your time. If you placed a deposit you will get an order/car.... but depending where you are in line it may be a late 2024/ early 2025 delivery. (or later) This is not unheard of in the automotive world. I know people that have placed GT3 deposits 2-3 years before a reveal. Or certain Ferrari's they will simply tell you "no". Now I am not saying that the Emira is like a GT3/Ferrari, but currently the demand far outstrips the supply. It may always be like this until it get discontinued. Which is I remember correctly was suppose to be in 2027/28? May get pushed to 2030, but no one knows. There will probably be a wait list until 2025 (which is 23 months away at the moment... crazy) and I personally think for North America at least, they won't ever fully satisfy demand. Meaning you won't walk into a Lotus dealer and find 2-3 brand new Emira's in the showroom. In the UK or Europe that may be a different story.
Thanks! Yeah the dealer told me I’m 159th on the wait list here, and Lotus HQ will contact me summer of 2024 for final deposit and 2025 build. So as long as I’m not dropped kicked to the curb, I can wait 2-3 years. 😆

BobbyT

Reaction score
My two cents. We should get additional clarity in the next few months. Bernard in Monteal is great (there are two of us in the queue that are ottawa based (as far as I know), which means a Montreal dealer) but i don't think he has much new info. Our plan is to reach out individually in early spring to see where we are. My expectation from the get go on timing was a 2024 delivery which has other benefits which I don't have to delineate (hence my 2021 not 2020 Supra). Appreciate all intell and hope to contribute. Robert

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My two cents. We should get additional clarity in the next few months. Bernard in Monteal is great (there are two of us in the queue that are ottawa based (as far as I know), which means a Montreal dealer) but i don't think he has much new info. Our plan is to reach out individually in early spring to see where we are. My expectation from the get go on timing was a 2024 delivery which has other benefits which I don't have to delineate (hence my 2021 not 2020 Supra). Appreciate all intell and hope to contribute. Robert
As Gandalf said, “There’s always hope.”. But then I’ve said that every quarter since my initial deposit in July of 2021!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks! Yeah the dealer told me I’m 159th on the wait list here, and Lotus HQ will contact me summer of 2024 for final deposit and 2025 build. So as long as I’m not dropped kicked to the curb, I can wait 2-3 years. 😆
It may be sooner as some people will drop out, but I be those estimates are probably correct