Canadian Allocations

D4speed

Reaction score
This is all so discouraging and frustrating. I am new to lotus and placed deposit end of august for V6 FE auto. I have no idea where I am in line. The only info I received is that my car will be built in 2023. I am still being told it will be a first edition. With what I am hearing here I am thinking maybe a 1% chance of that. Now I am starting to doubt I will even see delivery in 2023. I must say if that’s the case I may start looking for something else.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
This is all so discouraging and frustrating. I am new to lotus and placed deposit end of august for V6 FE auto. I have no idea where I am in line. The only info I received is that my car will be built in 2023. I am still being told it will be a first edition. With what I am hearing here I am thinking maybe a 1% chance of that. Now I am starting to doubt I will even see delivery in 2023. I must say if that’s the case I may start looking for something else.
I was told this on Feb 4th from my dealer:
The first edition will be carried on into 2023 so that is a good thing
Paul feel free to call me even tomorrow
I do not know yet who will receive cars in 2022 But I think everyone should get filled in 2023.
Things change though, so if this info is still good, I don’t know. I’m just going to have to be patient. I would think with a deposit made July 12th, I would get a car next year, but no guarantees I suppose.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Let's see, I placed my order Jan 1st, was around 43 on the list, 10 cars per year, that's if everything goes to plan..... I just hope they're still selling Gasoline by the time I get my car.😜
What dealership? I had assumed all 5 had crossed the 50 mark by Jan 1…guess not. Curious to know nonetheless as Gentry got towards the bottom end of Canadian allocations with 100 deposits at the time.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
OK, since it is clear to you (but still not to me) I'll ask you. I have a deposit in on an FE since around August. Will I get an FE car? You seem to be saying they will be producing the FE for more than 1 production year. Someone is saying their dealer will get around 10 cars this year and 20 next year. So if you are #31 in line at that dealership, do you get a car? In 2024? An FE?

Mr. Lotus Vancouver, you must know the answer to this. My dealer, Oakville, won't even tell me what number I am on their list.
Ask your dealership. The only thing I know is, if you are not getting your FE in the first run for your engine, you are not getting a FE. V6 FE are limited to 700 for north america and that is it.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was told this on Feb 4th from my dealer:
The first edition will be carried on into 2023 so that is a good thing
Paul feel free to call me even tomorrow
I do not know yet who will receive cars in 2022 But I think everyone should get filled in 2023.
Things change though, so if this info is still good, I don’t know. I’m just going to have to be patient. I would think with a deposit made July 12th, I would get a car next year, but no guarantees I suppose.
They will be carried over in 2023 for I4 FE, V6 will be base edition in 2023. Some V6 FE might slip at the beggining of 2023 (jan/feb), but that's about it. This has been confirmed numerous times in other threads in the past weeks.

latest news I received (from Montreal) were that all their allocations (20) were planned for november and december.

Since my dealership seems to be the most open so far I'll ask some news again today and will report back.

Last edited:

themeatbaron

Reaction score
They will be carried over in 2023 for I4 FE, V6 will be base edition in 2023. Some V6 FE might slip at the beggining of 2023 (jan/feb), but that's about it. This has been confirmed numerous times in other threads in the past weeks.

latest news I received (from Montreal) were that all their allocations (20) were planned for november and december.

Since my dealership seems to be the most open so far I'll ask some news again today and will report back.
Much appreciated, I’ve read numerous places that Oakville is around 10 cars. I guess my biggest question is, do I make the FE cut with a deposit on July 12th or not? Only the dealer can answer that, and they are very tight lipped. 🤷‍♂️

r1lee

Reaction score
Much appreciated, I’ve read numerous places that Oakville is around 10 cars. I guess my biggest question is, do I make the FE cut with a deposit on July 12th or not? Only the dealer can answer that, and they are very tight lipped. 🤷‍♂️

I will agree, Oakville doesn't seem to know anything.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That all depends if a lot of customers are opting for the I4 I guess. The montreal dealer has been very open about it's list and my position in it from the beggining. Gave my deposit the day of the reveal on july 6th and has been told I was 4th on the list on that same day.

D4speed

Reaction score
That all depends if a lot of customers are opting for the I4 I guess. The montreal dealer has been very open about it's list and my position in it from the beggining. Gave my deposit the day of the reveal on july 6th and has been told I was 4th on the list on that same day.
I envy you. I am also with Oakville and it seems like a game of chess. I strategically think how to ask questions to get the answer I am looking for but always seem to get a response that is vague and not even what I actually asked about. I have been fine with getting a car in 2023 and even a non-FE V6 if it has to be but at this point as mentioned earlier I am being told 2023 I will get an FE which is a clear 180 from what is on this forum.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ask your dealership. The only thing I know is, if you are not getting your FE in the first run for your engine, you are not getting a FE. V6 FE are limited to 700 for north america and that is it.
And that's the issue. That makes it about 70 cars for Canada. With 6 dealership each having 50+ deposits makes 300+ deposits. So most people are not going to get the V6 FE they were told they have a deposit on and were getting. And yes, Oakville seems to know nothing. The Vancouver dealership seems to know more, but isn't answering the simple question about the numbers above. So many people just want to know if they are getting the car they think they are getting.

r1lee

Reaction score

I placed my deposit about 1 months go. Anthony told me I was 2nd on the list for i4 fe, cause I wanted to know if I was getting a FE.

r1lee

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, but it appears that Lotus has revealed the I4 pricing. The FE I4 was what the FE V6 pricing was and now the FEV6 has gone up $10,000.

I will be canceling my order if that's the case.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I suspect this is an error. The i4 FE price should be $118,888 (V6 FE) - $9525 (difference) or $110,363 CAD.

Shaur

Reaction score
Hey guys happy new year been a long time! I spoke to Gentry few weeks back and was told they are getting 5 cars in November and another 5 in December and possibly a test drive at the same time, other than that nothing!! My deposit was placed in August as #40, so my guess even with a handful of cancelations I'd move to 35, first 10 cars get delivered I'm 25, so most likely I might have a chance for a car in 2024 whether it's FE or just a bar of some sort. 😥 Till then I've got my Ioniq5 to keep me company haha or back to the drawing board with another ICE sports car. If you're in the GTA and want to vent over a coffee let me know!!!

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I just checked Lotus Canada website and it looks like they've lowered the price of the V6 first edition.
Also, i4 first edition is available starting winter 2023/24.
Screenshot_20220316-135528_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220205-115811_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220316-135918_Samsung Internet.jpg