Canadian Allocations

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So what are the odds of getting an order filled in Canada for delivery next year if you didn't make the cut and had your deposit down for an FE V6?
My guess would be deposit made by end of July will get 2023 delivery. That would be my assumption based on my dealer getting 10 cars this year, if it’s double next year that would be 20. I made my deposit about a week after Goodwood mid July and think they only got a couple more by the end of the month. I’m around 30 so I should be just within the cutoff by end of 2023. Hope that helps.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
My guess would be deposit made by end of July will get 2023 delivery. That would be my assumption based on my dealer getting 10 cars this year, if it’s double next year that would be 20. I made my deposit about a week after Goodwood mid July and think they only got a couple more by the end of the month. I’m around 30 so I should be just within the cutoff by end of 2023. Hope that helps.
Ok, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't have much concrete info to go buy. My deposit was made July 12th, I don't what spot I stand with the dealer. It's not the waiting really, it's the not knowing anything...

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I don't understand this at all. A lot of deposits came well after July 2021. If someone has a deposit with a dealer in Canada that has taken around 50 deposits, that means they aren't getting a car at all?

themeatbaron

Reaction score
I don't understand this at all. A lot of deposits came well after July 2021. If someone has a deposit with a dealer in Canada that has taken around 50 deposits, that means they aren't getting a car at all?
I don't fully get it either. I've been led to believe that no FE V6 for me. Dealer was optimistic I would get filled for next year, but it would be a base and have to add on all the options. I understand this level of production isn't normal for Lotus, but I thought by now, they would have at least had a proper plan to communicate, at least to FE depositors.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
it means you'll have to wait for next production year, sounds pretty clear to me.

Reaction score
So what are the odds of getting an order filled in Canada for delivery next year if you didn't make the cut and had your deposit down for an FE V6?
All depends where you are on the list/relationship with the dealer/trades and how many allotments each dealer will be receiving. The dealers who had a strong list for First Editions will be receiving more cars than other dealers.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
All depends where you are on the list/relationship with the dealer/trades and how many allotments each dealer will be receiving. The dealers who had a strong list for First Editions will be receiving more cars than other dealers.
While there has been communication, details to this degree hasn’t been shared with me. I’ve tried. I suppose patience is required. 🤷‍♂️

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This information may be incorrect but it’s the last numbers I heard:

- I deposited at Gentry (Toronto) the week after announcement and I’m around #30.
- Was told they expected to get about 10 in their initial allocation, maybe it goes to 15.
-As of about a month ago I believe they had over 100 deposits.

Based on this it makes zero sense that Lotus is giving them so few cars relative to deposits but that’s how it is. As I’ve said before Lotus clearly has “preferred” dealership relationships and cares more about that over their end customer. Big mistake for the direction they’re headed vs. where they’ve been as a niche brand.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This information may be incorrect but it’s the last numbers I heard:

- I deposited at Gentry (Toronto) the week after announcement and I’m around #30.
- Was told they expected to get about 10 in their initial allocation, maybe it goes to 15.
-As of about a month ago I believe they had over 100 deposits.

Based on this it makes zero sense that Lotus is giving them so few cars relative to deposits but that’s how it is. As I’ve said before Lotus clearly has “preferred” dealership relationships and cares more about that over their end customer. Big mistake for the direction they’re headed vs. where they’ve been as a niche brand.
You've hit upon the very common sore spot (deposits versus allocation). It seems in the US/Canada sale history mattered more than potential. I'm reminded of the Investment adage: past performance is no indicator of future returns. It seems by Forum chatter Dealers got 25-30 percent of deposits as allocation. (hypothetical 100+ deposits but only 25-30 cars). Yes, the top 3-4 dealers got more. But deposit volume aside, there were only so many (700) Emiras to spread among the dealer population. The bigger question is: Why so few cars to NA given the deposits recorded by Lotus (said to be 3,000 ish). And that answer is: Lotus was surprised by the market response and in planning production within a new untried facility had to assess capacity realities. That, and UK got priority.
As was said: It is what it is. The cars are coming, just not when we expected.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
it means you'll have to wait for next production year, sounds pretty clear to me.
OK, since it is clear to you (but still not to me) I'll ask you. I have a deposit in on an FE since around August. Will I get an FE car? You seem to be saying they will be producing the FE for more than 1 production year. Someone is saying their dealer will get around 10 cars this year and 20 next year. So if you are #31 in line at that dealership, do you get a car? In 2024? An FE?

Mr. Lotus Vancouver, you must know the answer to this. My dealer, Oakville, won't even tell me what number I am on their list.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OK, since it is clear to you (but still not to me) I'll ask you. I have a deposit in on an FE since around August. Will I get an FE car? You seem to be saying they will be producing the FE for more than 1 production year. Someone is saying their dealer will get around 10 cars this year and 20 next year. So if you are #31 in line at that dealership, do you get a car? In 2024? An FE?

Mr. Lotus Vancouver, you must know the answer to this. My dealer, Oakville, won't even tell me what number I am on their list.
Unfortunately Lotus promised FE availability to depositors and then backtracked on that for the NA Market, unless they backtrack again it’s going to be strictly the first 700 cars in NA (70-100 in Canada it seems). This is for V6FE, if you want i4FE likely possible. Based on double production for cars shipped in 2023 it sounds like 701-2100 next year. Some US depositors in August got a V6FE that will be delivered this year, but for Canada it will be a non V6 FE delivered late 2023 or in 2024. I still don‘t know when they plan to deliver cars to ppl in Canada who deposited late 2021. Either they’re looking at 2026 lol, or presumably a combination of ppl getting fed up and dropping out and they significantly increase NA deliveries so that those ppl get those in 2024.

r1lee

Reaction score
I put my deposit a month ago. But it was for the i4, my dealer (oakville) told me I was the second i4 deposit they had. Since I wanted to know if I my late deposit would allot me a FE i4

nahanni

Reaction score
I placed my deposit early November. Sales told me in February that I would get a car in summer of 2023.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Let's see, I placed my order Jan 1st, was around 43 on the list, 10 cars per year, that's if everything goes to plan..... I just hope they're still selling Gasoline by the time I get my car.😜

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Let's see, I placed my order Jan 1st, was around 43 on the list, 10 cars per year, that's if everything goes to plan..... I just hope they're still selling Gasoline by the time I get my car.😜
Check in an Antique store, the kind with old gas pumps, oil cans and cheesecake wall calendars.