Canadian Allocations

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lotus Oakville will be getting a demo car sometime in the fall 2022.
Car is an FE, V6, manual transmission, Seneca Blue, black pack, black V-spoke wheels, Alcantara interior, Alcantara steering wheel, yellow brake calipers.
I'm looking forward to seeing an Emira in person, and most importantly driving it.
I'm still on the fence between Seneca blue and Nimbus grey.
I'm hoping I'll be able to see both of them in the flesh, before I have to lock in my final base edition spec.
Does anyone know if the base Edition cars will come with full leather seats, not a fan of cloth seats?

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They will be carried over in 2023 for I4 FE, V6 will be base edition in 2023. Some V6 FE might slip at the beggining of 2023 (jan/feb), but that's about it. This has been confirmed numerous times in other threads in the past weeks.

latest news I received (from Montreal) were that all their allocations (20) were planned for november and december.

Since my dealership seems to be the most open so far I'll ask some news again today and will report back.
Quick update, Montreal dealership contacted me today. It's time to lock in my spec. Sent my configuration code tonight. So anybody who had a FE allocation confirmed should get some news pretty soon.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
Quick update, Montreal dealership contacted me today. It's time to lock in my spec. Sent my configuration code tonight. So anybody who had a FE allocation confirmed should get some news pretty soon.
Thanks for the update, I don’t think I’ll be called, but at least I know they are going to start the process.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
BTW for every Canadian reading this, The Luxury Tax bill currently being drafted by the federal gouvernment currently says that every order passed before april 20th is going to be exempt from it.

So that would represent about 4000$ less for a 120k emira.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
So you have confirmed your order this week? Congrats, I haven't seen anyone else mention anything else this week.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
yes, my order is officially done, I have received the order confirmation from Lotus thursday :)

Untitled.png

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have to admit I has hesitant for a few weeks, but that was the first idea I had in mind so I went with it.

Last edited:

Shaur

Reaction score
I have to admit I has hesitant for a few weeks, but that was the first idea I had in mind so I went with it.
Hey what was your # , fair to say only the first 10 deposits will see a car later this year? CONGRATS!!

nahanni

Reaction score
Here I go thinking of an Aston Martin Vantage in the last 24 hours. The one I would prefer is quite a distance. Closest dealer a good day's drive. As kids, I remember playing in the sand on Prospect Street, beside a new sidewalk with Dinky Toys which included Lotus, Aston Martin, and Maserati. My friends Drew and Nickie are both gone now, and there is a bit of nostalgia that drives me. I don't believe I've seen a Lotus on the street before and remember an Aston only once, about 10 years ago from Ontario. Growing up with a single Mom was beneficial in ways; I got my drive from her. I have said before that this is a great forum and remains so.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, an email I received from my dealer, Oakville.

Paul hope that you are well

all cars will arrive as 2023

The Final edition will continue into 2023 and possibly 2024

It seems to me that the FE is possibly the best way to go
We are going to the UK and the factory this month

I was hoping to get the leather and the paint samples this week but they did not ship yet.

The delivery of cars will take place in 20223 for all intense and purpose

Paul
Feel free to call at any time

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

I was hoping to get the leather and the paint samples this week but they did not ship yet.

Paul
"Intents & purposes"

lotusnewb

Reaction score

Paul
Thanks for the info. When did you make your deposit? Mine was in January this year at Oakville, haven't received any info from them, even after asking

lotusnewb

Reaction score
My deposit was July 12th
I see. When Oakville refers to the "Final Edition "FE", are they talking about the base model (not First Edition), or are they talking about the First Edition and mistakingly saying Final Edition? I'm trying to see if I have any shot at getting any Emira , base/first edition / i4 at all in 2023; if not will probably take the deposit back

themeatbaron

Reaction score
I see. When Oakville refers to the "Final Edition "FE", are they talking about the base model (not First Edition), or are they talking about the First Edition and mistakingly saying Final Edition? I'm trying to see if I have any shot at getting any Emira , base/first edition / i4 at all in 2023; if not will probably take the deposit back
I think he meant First edition. I have no idea on your odds. I can’t get a firm handle on my odds and I have a relatively early deposit. 🤷‍♂️

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've always loved and dreamed about getting a Toyota GR Yaris, however unfortunately they did not make it across the pond.
A few days ago Toyota announced the GR Corolla.
I went to my Local Toyota dealer and put down a deposit on one.
I'm number 3 at the dealership so pretty good odds I'll get one.
Going for the fully loaded circuit edition in that awesome silver-grey color.
I have a good feeling these over time will hold their values well or even appreciate.
Now I'm waiting on 2 cars.😳
Since I'm going for the silver grey GR Corolla I'll need to change my colour on the Emira as I don't really want two of the same color.
Looks like Nimbus grey is out, and Seneca blue is now the front runner.
Every time I see the yellow in Emira with the black roof it really starts calling to me, however I know that yellow cars garner lots of attention, not sure I want that.

Last edited:

bilal388

Reaction score
So after doing a bit of research and calling three dealers, I found Montreal to be the best option and most transparent. I like transparency. Oakville was not bad either. I am actually in Toronto but I think the best option to get the car would be Montreal so I just placed a deposit there. I am hoping for June 2023. Not sure if that is too hopeful?

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So after doing a bit of research and calling three dealers, I found Montreal to be the best option and most transparent. I like transparency. Oakville was not bad either. I am actually in Toronto but I think the best option to get the car would be Montreal so I just placed a deposit there. I am hoping for June 2023. Not sure if that is too hopeful?
they got 60+ deposits, so that'll depend on the amount of allocations for 2023.