BOBT Just gave an Emira away and give it some revs

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Hi there

BOBT just gave an Emira away:

That is the car I sat in a couple of weeks ago, the exhaust revs are with the car in its default mode, so valve closed and hence why you can hear the SC whine.
:)

In the other modes the exhaust valve opens and it sounds very good then, Christian unfortunately did not realise whilst filming this and as such left it in the standard mode.

OP
G

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Definitely sounds good. Both the exhaust and SC

Yep this car is built to final production standards all it was really missing to not be a final customer car was:
- black exhaust tips
- vanity mirror with light for passenger
- Some minor interior tweaks

But this car had the better lower seating position and the black washer fluid cap and was at final production ride height, the car in question here is a LHD V6 FE manual with sports suspension and cup 2 tyres.

Elisesquared

Reaction score
Also, I kind of think the yellow hides the lines on this car. Glad I went with blue. Although, I think the silver will show off the lines the best.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, I kind of think the yellow hides the lines on this car. Glad I went with blue. Although, I think the silver will show off the lines the best.
I love Hethel Yellow, but I agree.. I think the metallic properties of Seneca and the other colors will really highlight the curves! Can't wait for mine... 😁

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Around the 2:36 mark... did the production steering wheel lose some weight? Looks a bit thinned-out to me, but maybe I've never seen it in quite the same light at quite the same perspective.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
At long last we see a production model - looks rather good... (y)

Elisesquared

Reaction score
Around the 2:36 mark... did the production steering wheel lose some weight? Looks a bit thinned-out to me, but maybe I've never seen it in quite the same light at quite the same perspective.
I don't think so. That shot at 2:36 is not the yellow car from this video. That's the blue launch car, and is footage from Lotus. I think it just looks thin due to the angle of the shot.

OP
G

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Having done several laps around this car in the flesh the build quality look spot on to me but to be honest it was so breath taking in the flesh I guess it was easy to get excited but I don’t recall seeing anything bad on the car, just looked incredible in person.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I love Hethel Yellow, but I agree.. I think the metallic properties of Seneca and the other colors will really highlight the curves! Can't wait for mine... 😁
That is my only concern with yellow. But I'll wait for proper pictures because I kind of compare Seneca with Yas Marina Blue and when I look at a BMW F8X, only the lighter metallic colors such as silverstone really show the lines. So Nimbus should win this one. But don't think in real life Seneca will be much different than HY in that respect.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seeing this has just revived my excitement about the car. It looks beautiful and sounds fantastic, even with the exhaust in default mode. We are so lucky Lotus hasn't been forced to strangle the V6 with a particulate filter.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds very good! I noticed the side intakes now have a mesh lattice that I've never seen before. And I like the brushed exhaust tips as opposed to the more matte look on the pre-production grey show car.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Very nice video. I like the brief burble/pop.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If it sounds that good with the valves closed... oh yeah. This sounds a lot like two of my favorite sounding cars, the Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, and the Alfa Romeo 8C which is my favorite.

The Giulia Quadrifoglio is so underrated. Beautiful sounding car. Thank Ferrari for that I suppose.