Drove some interesting cars this week...(plus photos of some other cars)

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am nearing the end of a short vacation to Southern Florida to visit some family and I decided to rent a couple different cars on Turo. Where I live there are no exciting or fun cars, so this was an opportunity to try something different.

First I rented a 2019 Jaguar f type SVR convertible. It was pretty good other than the convertible top would decide to sometimes not open or sometimes not close, I'm thinking the people that washed it before I picked it up must have gotten water in some of the motors or something weird. Other than that, it accelerates pretty well and the exhaust crackle and pop is pretty ridiculous at wide open throttle, especially under an overpass. My brother and I found out the hard way that the trunk is good for a little overnight bag, but we had two full-size suitcases and a boogy board and we had to jam them in vertically and drive an hour with the trunk lid in a vertical position; it was quite comical. The technology was slow and a bit outdated, but the car road smoothly and would be something you could definitely do a lot of miles in.

After that when we needed more space I switched to a 2022 Tesla Model x plaid, with the stupid yoke steering wheel. The car is bonkers, and my wife has a Tesla Model Y, so I am a little bit used to them. With plaid acceleration on it doesn't matter how fast you are traveling if you put the pedal down it feels like all four tires just about want to spin and it launches you, it doesn't matter if you're doing 90 mph and you hit the pedal it feels just as hard. I actually tried the drag strip launch mode once and you can feel the skin on your face pushing back from the G-Force and it makes you a little bit light-headed, I only went to about 80 or 90 mph but it had a lot more pull left in it. The steering yoke is obnoxious if you're trying to do a U-turn with any kind of speed and I would consider it dangerous, luckily on the new models they started offering a regular wheel again. The brakes are also not confidence-inspiring at all and for something that fast and heavy I think they should have a better feel to them. The stereo is amazing, about 10 times better than the Meridian sound system in the Jaguar. The technology and the doors that open for you when you walk up to it are something that feels like you are in the future. It even has full self-driving and it was handling four lanes of traffic with no trouble and I only did that for a little bit because I wanted to actually drive the car.

It was a fun week trying some different things out and today I went to the Ferrari and Maserati dealership just for fun and got to sit in several million dollars worth of cars, including some that are incredibly rare. I got to see Michael Schumacher's winning Ferrari F1 car, and some older classics like an F40, F50, 308 GTS and others that are worth four or five million dollars. I also sat in a Maserati MC20 and was surprised that I actually had enough headroom and could fit in one, though the price tag was a little over $300,000!

So, just thought I would share since it was a fun time. I'll attach a couple pictures to make it more exciting.

20230321_221520.jpg
20230325_091844.jpg
20230325_101218.jpg
20230325_102814.jpg
20230325_103939.jpg
20230325_103934.jpg