Anyone running spacers or aftermarket wheels?

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Emira uses lug bolts instead of lug nuts. If I'm running custom wheels with the offset adjusted through manufacturing I'm fine. But if I want to push the stock wheels out to where the aftermarket wheels sit I need spacers. (@GRP ?)
Is it true I'd have to switch to studs and lug nuts then? And if so would I have to change them when I change the wheels between seasons?

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira uses lug bolts instead of lug nuts. If I'm running custom wheels with the offset adjusted through manufacturing I'm fine. But if I want to push the stock wheels out to where the aftermarket wheels sit I need spacers. (@GRP ?)
Is it true I'd have to switch to studs and lug nuts then? And if so would I have to change them when I change the wheels between seasons?
If you run spacers you would need either extended bolts or studs to compensate for the extra thickness added.
We much prefer studs for the ease of swapping wheels out but there are extended bolt options as well.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you run spacers you would need either extended bolts or studs to compensate for the extra thickness added.
We much prefer studs for the ease of swapping wheels out but there are extended bolt options as well.
Do the studs have wheel security options? Otherwise I think finding extended security bolts would be good. I'll just keep them and the spacers with the extra wheels.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do the studs have wheel security options? Otherwise I think finding extended security bolts would be good. I'll just keep them and the spacers with the extra wheels.
There is a spline drive aka "tuner" nut option which requires a special socket to remove.

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There are several security lock nuts available on the market to choose from with varying effectiveness.

I’m curious, has anyone had experience with Advanced Wheel Locks? Has anyone heard of wheels being stolen that had them on? I’ve been Googling and searching other car forums for anecdotal stories for weeks and haven’t found anyone whose had these bypassed in the wild. I’m of course familiar with Donut Media’s infamous YouTube video and Advanced Wheel Locks’ rebuttal on Reddit. I’ve also watched Project Farm’s comparison review. I just haven’t been able to find more real world info on thieves bypassing these. I wasn’t planning on using them on my aftermarket wheels, but have been considering them for the OEM wheels.

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Time2Fly I’m also getting aftermarket wheels with offsets ET52 front / ET47 rear and will need spacers for the OEM wheels to match their offset. Have you had any luck finding off-the-shelf 5mm and 7mm spacers (with CB 68.1 and 5 x 114.3) in North America?

@GRP I can’t find spacers in the spec above on your site. Can you source these or custom CNC from 6061-T6 aluminum?

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Time2Fly I’m also getting aftermarket wheels with offsets ET52 front / ET47 rear and will need spacers for the OEM wheels to match their offset. Have you had any luck finding off-the-shelf 5mm and 7mm spacers (with CB 68.1 and 5 x 114.3) in North America?

@GRP I can’t find spacers in the spec above on your site. Can you source these or custom CNC from 6061-T6 aluminum?
We carry 6mm spacers, so right in the middle of the 5 and 7 you are after.
Custom machining spacers wouldnt be very cost effective for us to do, sorry. The 6mm are made in volume batches by BOE to keep the costs as best as possible.
Once we actually receive our car here we will be investigating spacer widths more and at that point might start doing runs of different sizes though.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

As @GRP said, the 6s are in the middle. And he sells replacement lug bolts to accommodate them. So I went with that. I may try and get a local shop to turn one pair down one millimeter (as long as the bolts won't be a problem) to keep my wheels 2mm inside the body, but other than that I'm pretty happy as is.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Signature Wheels are on the way! I had them pushed out to 2mm under inside of flush.

SV104 in gloss black with friction lock and SRA

Front:20x8.5 ET52 20.7#
Rear:20x10.5 ET47 22.8#

Weight savings over stock 23.3#
View attachment 35812
View attachment 35813
I think it would be great if someone posted a list of available wheels with the current prices and exact weights. From reading some of the posts there are some wheels not quite the lightest but very affordable but the info is all over the forum and I can’t remember where I have seen each post.

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We carry 6mm spacers, so right in the middle of the 5 and 7 you are after.
Custom machining spacers wouldnt be very cost effective for us to do, sorry. The 6mm are made in volume batches by BOE to keep the costs as best as possible.
Once we actually receive our car here we will be investigating spacer widths more and at that point might start doing runs of different sizes though.
Thanks @GRP. It wouldn’t bother me too much to use 6 mm on the OEMs. Didn’t think it would be so difficult finding 5s and 7s that fit Emira.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Signature is about 4k depending on what you want.
It’s a hard choice to decide on wheels and I’m going to spent some time finding all the options. Weight is a big deal for me but I’m not looking to get carbon/alloy hybrid 20k wheels. Currently looking into ceramic brake discs at the same time.
I just messaged Signature because they don’t have weights advertised that I could see.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s a hard choice to decide on wheels and I’m going to spent some time finding all the options. Weight is a big deal for me but I’m not looking to get carbon/alloy hybrid 20k wheels. Currently looking into ceramic brake discs at the same time.
I just messaged Signature because they don’t have weights advertised that I could see.
Our S10's or Braid 7+ options save some pretty serious weight!

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I asked them that too. They don't have weights because they're made to order. You can take mine and subtract about 1.5-2# if you don't take the SRA option.