Anyone running spacers or aftermarket wheels?

Sentinel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi guys,

I'm looking at ordering a set of Aerie's forged wheels and they have the option to customise size and offset.
Looking at my car with stock wheels, the outside edge of the tyre on the front already sits flush with the guard, but on the rear it sits about 7mm in from the guard.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience running aftermarket wheels or spacers and can advice how far you can push things before you run into issues with rubbing or detrimental impact on handling? 5mm may not sound like much but it will alter the scrub radius so I want to be sure.

Lowering the car won't be very practical for me as the roads here in Australia are pretty terrible, so I won't be going crazy with poke and negative camber or anything like that as it'll end up looking like a monster truck.

Just looking for a subtly more aggressive look without causing any issues.

Cheers!

Last edited:

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi guys,

I'm looking at ordering a set of Aerie's forged wheels and they have the option to customise size and offset.
Looking at my car with stock wheels, the outside edge of the tyre on the front already sits flush with the guard, but on the rear it sits about 7mm in from the guard.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience running aftermarket wheels or spacers and can advice how far you can push things before you run into issues with rubbing or detrimental impact on handling? 5mm may not sound like much but it will alter the scrub radius so I want to be sure.

Lowering the car won't be very practical for me as the roads here in Australia are pretty terrible, so I won't be going crazy with poke and negative camber or anything like that as it'll end up looking like a monster truck.

Just looking for a subtly more aggressive look without causing any issues.

Cheers!
I was also considering wheel spacers or maybe new rims that are slightly wider with same offset/or a little more offset. Visually, a little more offset would improve the looks/stance, but it doesn’t need much.

I’m no expert, but I do run spacers on my daily driver Model 3 performance. 18mm on the rear and 5mm on the front. 5mm on front doesn’t seem to effect anything, the rear doesn’t seem negatively affected with 18mm. I ran 18mm on the front to try, it was too much, did affect the steering feel and got torque steer when there was none before (or with 5mm spacers).

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We have a couple customers running the 6mm spacers front and rear.
We will be experimenting with spacer fitment once our car arrives next month and have some more options/recommendations.
We also have some really cool wheel options in the works!

OP
S

Sentinel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ended up ordering wheels same size and width as stock but with 5mm more aggressive offset front and rear. I'll let you know how it goes!

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hallo Zusammen,

Ich habe an allen 4 Rädern H+R Distanzscheiben in 5mm. Optisch perfekt und vom Fahrverhalten kaum bemerkbar. Habe ich bei KT einbauen lassen und für Deutschland natürlich mit TÜV Eintragung.
Hi, do you have some pictures with the spacers on your car?

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ended up ordering wheels same size and width as stock but with 5mm more aggressive offset front and rear. I'll let you know how it goes!
Interested to hear how it goes. What wheels have you gone with?

petermal57

Reaction score
Hi, do you have some pictures with the spacers on your car?
Mit H&R (2).jpeg
Ohne H&R (2).jpeg
Ohne H&R (1).jpeg
Mit H&R (1).jpeg

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Cool. They look nice. Curious to hear your impressions and it would be great to get a confirmation on the weight difference between the Aerie rims and the standard rims.
Went with Aerie’s V2 Forged in a custom desaturated Gold satin finish.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OP
S

Sentinel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Cool. They look nice. Curious to hear your impressions and it would be great to get a confirmation on the weight difference between the Aerie rims and the standard rims.
Thanks. I’ll certainly share my impressions (probably in a video) and I’ll definitely weigh them.

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have the variant 1 wheels from Jubu Performance. The actual wheel is produced by Braid in Spain. Stunning quality and looks! Highly recommended.

Variant 1 - so similar as stock. Lowered by about 2 cm you don't need high camber for the wheels to fit. Ride is very nice. Nitrons are a bit to soft still on front and will increase ingoing damping a bit.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My Signature Wheels are on the way! I had them pushed out to 2mm under inside of flush.

SV104 in gloss black with friction lock and SRA

Front:20x8.5 ET52 20.7#
Rear:20x10.5 ET47 22.8#

Weight savings over stock 23.3#
0102-2.JPG

0102-2(2).JPG

Last edited:
OP
S

Sentinel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Signature Wheels are on the way! I had them pushed out to 2mm under inside of flush.

SV104 in gloss black with friction lock and SRA

Front:20x8.5 ET52
Rear:20x10.5 ET47
View attachment 35812
View attachment 35813
Nice! Any pics of them fitted or did you just get them? Almost exact same specs as me. I ended up changing the rear to +48 so the outer edge of the tyre sits flush front and rear.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice! Any pics of them fitted or did you just get them? Almost exact same specs as me. I ended up changing the rear to +48 so the outer edge of the tyre sits flush front and rear.
I'm still waiting on my car to be built after some rather poor dealer communication. I'll post pics when I have it. TPMS monitors ordered yesterday from B&C.

OP
S

Sentinel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ahh that’s frustrating! I hope you get it soon!!