Wheel offset and concavity

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Update: For those interested, I can get you member reduced pricing. Just send me a DM and I'll get you a discount through them.

I've decided to go with Signature Wheels in SV104 in a satin black. They're waiting until they have a car they can reference to adjust the concavity of the wheel.

Does anyone here have data on wheel fitment? How far inside the wheel arches are the wheels as stock? I don't want them beyond flush for debris purposes, but I'm trying to get everything ready in anticipation of delivery.

Attachments

• 83957b_0368b3b9f7444297af839e3bfd060781~mv2.jpg
    83957b_0368b3b9f7444297af839e3bfd060781~mv2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

T6061

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Keep us posted on your progress. Can't wait to see what Jamie comes up with. Maybe you could encourage them to become a supporting vendor. Seems like a natural fit for the Lotus crowd with our obsession with adding lightness.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have SV104's on my daily driver, also custom ordered through Jamie a few years ago. I didn't know he was working on Emira fitments as well; that's great news as I was already planning on reaching out to him when my car arrived.

The OEM wheels are pretty flat with not much concavity, but also relatively close to the fenders already. You'd be okay pushing the offset out +5mm from stock as I've seen other aftermarket wheels already offer that, but much more and you'd need to measure in person. I doubt they could go much more than 8-10mm before poking, at least from what I can tell.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have SV104's on my daily driver, also custom ordered through Jamie a few years ago. I didn't know he was working on Emira fitments as well; that's great news as I was already planning on reaching out to him when my car arrived.

The OEM wheels are pretty flat with not much concavity, but also relatively close to the fenders already. You'd be okay pushing the offset out +5mm from stock as I've seen other aftermarket wheels already offer that, but much more and you'd need to measure in person. I doubt they could go much more than 8-10mm before poking, at least from what I can tell.
I decided to go with +5 per their suggestion as well.. I'll post pics when I get them.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I decided to go with +5 per their suggestion as well.. I'll post pics when I get them.
Awesome, really curious on what the weights come in at as well. I'd guess ~20lbs front/22lbs rear or so based on past experience. I've got 2 sets for my Tesla for street and track setups and have been really happy with them. Do you mind sharing how much they charged for the set? You can DM if you prefer. Some photos below. I think yours should be a similar fitment on the Emira as the rear tire in the last photo:

SV104 19x8.5 ET20 in brushed titanium=18.8lbs
245/40/19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
IMG_1455 2.JPG

SV501 19x9.5 ET35 in matte gunmetal=19.4lbs
265/35/19 Pirelli Trofeo R
IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg*.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Awesome, really curious on what the weights come in at as well. I'd guess ~20lbs front/22lbs rear or so based on past experience. I've got 2 sets for my Tesla for street and track setups and have been really happy with them.

Those look great on your Tesla. I saw them on this Lotus and loved the look. I decided I wanted them black to go with my DV. I'll get you the weights when I have them. They were running a sale which included the SRA and Friction Lock adds. Price was very reasonable for a one piece forged wheel. I'm having mine bored to accommodate stock center caps. I'm going with the gold on black caps.

1000015652.jpg

T6061

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Signature SV501 is reminiscent of the GT4 wheel (minus a couple of spokes). Dropping to an 18" front and rear with the right offset could be interesting.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Keep us posted on your progress. Can't wait to see what Jamie comes up with. Maybe you could encourage them to become a supporting vendor. Seems like a natural fit for the Lotus crowd with our obsession with adding lightness.
I asked them about being a supporting vendor. That I can't control but they did say that if I refer members to them they'll give us a discount. Just need a PM from those interested.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My wheels are on the way.

SV104 with their friction lock and SRA. I had them pushed out to 2mm under inside of flush.

Front:20x8.5 ET52 21.5#
Rear:20x10.5 ET47 22.0#

Weight savings over stock 23.3#

Now I just need my car.
0102-2.JPG

0102-2(2).JPG

Last edited:

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Awesome, so that is the equivalent of 5mm spacers in the front and 7mm in the back.

Do you plan to lower the car?

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Awesome, so that is the equivalent of 5mm spacers in the front and 7mm in the back.

Do you plan to lower the car?
I don't know if I'm going to lower it. I've seen the lowering parts on GRP though and it is a temptation. My concern is hitting the body work on bumpy roads given the new offset.

Also, I should find a way to use spacers on the stock wheels for colder weather so that the look remains the same.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well these got here very quickly! They look amazing and come with blank center caps as spares.
PXL_20240124_011650975.MP.jpg

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My wheels are on the way.

SV104 with their friction lock and SRA. I had them pushed out to 2mm under inside of flush.

Front:20x8.5 ET52 20.7#
Rear:20x10.5 ET47 22.8#

Weight savings over stock 23.3#

Now I just need my car.
View attachment 35816
View attachment 35817
Looking forward to see those fitted. Should look sweet with that additional offset (y) :cool:

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Out of curiosity how much did they end up weighing?
Front
PXL_20240124_164422067.jpg

Rear
PXL_20240124_164025738.jpg

I'm surprised they're only a half pound difference between the 10.5 and 8.5 width but I weighed them alone and with me holding them.

I did opt for the Signature Reinforcing Architecture (reinforced band just inside of the spokes) that adds 1.5-2# per wheel but I wanted the peace of mind over total weight reduction.

So 3.8 lbs saved per front, 7.7 lbs per rear. 23 lbs total unsprung weight.

@JohnB it's a little less than a quarter inch but it meant I was still inside the body work which I wanted for clearance and for debris and tire spray, and that I was able to get a little more of a deep dish effect on the wheel. As you can see the back looks pretty deep while the front is minor but present.

Last edited:

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Front
View attachment 36194
Rear
View attachment 36193

I'm surprised they're only a half pound difference between the 10.5 and 8.5 width but I weighed them alone and with me holding them.

I did opt for the Signature Reinforcing Architecture (reinforced band just inside of the spokes) that adds 1.5-2# per wheel but I wanted the peace of mind over total weight reduction.

So 3.8 lbs saved per front, 7.7 lbs per rear. 23 lbs total unsprung weight.

@JohnB it's a little less than a quarter inch but it meant I was still inside the body work which I wanted for clearance and for debris and tire spray, and that I was able to get a little more of a deep dish effect on the wheel. As you can see the back looks pretty deep while the front is minor but present.
Awesome info thanks! That's about what I expected based on my own (smaller) set of the same wheels on my daily. Just need CARB to pass so I can order them for my Emira too. I don't have SRA on mine and according to my tire installer they still spin true after driving over curbs on a handful of track days in a 4000lb sedan, so you should definitely have peace of mind with their strength.

Last edited: