Any more phone calls?

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Been a while on here since anyone based in the UK posted they had received a 3rd call/build slot. Have Lotus so far only committed to those receiving their Emira in June/July for now??

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Been a while on here since anyone based in the UK posted they had received a 3rd call/build slot. Have Lotus so far only committed to those receiving their Emira in June/July for now??
Here's hoping they open I4 orders next week once reviews are published. Presume prices and specs will be out next week?!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They have called UK V6 FE people with deposits up to mid 11 July about delivery slots from June to September. Calls to people from 11 July afternoon onwards and for i4 FE/Base Edition next steps are supposed to start "in March".

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They have called UK V6 FE people with deposits up to mid 11 July about delivery slots from June to September. Calls to people from 11 July afternoon onwards and for i4 FE/Base Edition next steps are supposed to start "in March".
Yes, I can confirm that with a first deposit paid 26th July, I am yet to receive a "final call" for specification and delivery!:cry:

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I can confirm that with a first deposit paid 26th July, I am yet to receive a "final call" for specification and delivery!:cry:
I was 2nd if August so you and I could possibly be around the same time 😭

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Starting to think "would it be better taking delivery after March next year" rather than Autumn going into Winter! Not a good thought really!!!
I literally have been thinking the same, with previous release dates discussed around April 22 I was hoping to get it some time at least late summer. The main reason I put money down early for a V6 FE was because I didn’t want to wait until the i4 came out but now I’m in two minds

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What about those still waiting for V6 FE calls....

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What about those still waiting for V6 FE calls....
What I said in my post...

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What I said in my post...
So do you still feel for second call 3rd Dec 2021, get car Dec 2022 ? you seem to have handle on this.... I realy begin to feel i need to look at other options, Lotus seem inable to sort things out, I think despite all the good will, the company is going to kill its self..... Still after all that been said they dont seem able to help them selfs, The DRIVE thing stinks of cheap rebranding....

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good info as ever Tom, will that be on the 47th of March? :ROFLMAO:
Sadly there is track record of Lotus saying "soon" and it actually being "never" and saying "in December" when it's now "in March (but we might change our minds again and not tell anyone)". I can pass on what I've been told but unfortunately can't make them stick to it :(

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So do you still feel for second call 3rd Dec 2021, get car Dec 2022 ? you seem to have handle on this.... I realy begin to feel i need to look at other options, Lotus seem inable to sort things out, I think despite all the good will, the company is going to kill its self..... Still after all that been said they dont seem able to help them selfs, The DRIVE thing stinks of cheap rebranding....
It's the timing of the first deposit that matters, not the second. Here's what I said before, when the third calls started:

My educated guess for UK V6 FE deliveries versus deposit dates:
- deposits up to mid 8 July 2021 (Goodwood Day 1) = June 2022 delivery
- rest of 8 July, 9 July = July delivery
- 10 July = Aug delivery
- 11 July (last day of Goodwood) = Sept delivery
- after Goodwood up to 31 Dec 2021 = Oct/Nov delivery
- 2022 deposits = Nov/Dec delivery
I could be out by a month but think this is a reasonable guesstimate

...and what we've seen so far, as at end Feb:

And this is my latest view based on keeping an eye on people saying they've been called about a delivery month and what first deposit date they had. It looks like I was close on my guesstimate:
- June delivery = deposits up to 8 July mid afternoon
- July delivery = 8 July late afternoon to 9 July early afternoon
- August delivery = 9 July late afternoon to 10 July lunchtime
- September delivery = 10 July afternoon to 11 July morning

I'm not sure everyone for Sept has been contacted yet as I've seen far fewer people saying they've got a September date than for the other months. That may also be tied in with US production ramping up.

For October onwards it's harder to predict, as the mix of UK versus other countries is a big factor. Plus they may bring forward the start of second shift from January 2023 into Q4 2022 - I suspect that's why they've paused for a few weeks before contacting people about October. My strong hunch is they want to get almost all of the UK V6 FEs delivered this year so they can get i4 FE deliveries underway late in Q4-22 or early in Q1-23.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Drive release is PR BS. It's the bare minimum required for a direct channel - a means of choosing your config, placing your order and selecting finance and trade in options. They've got it live a week before the press reviews start, so the timing is pretty obvious, but the majority of it was already there for existing deposit holders.

There are still no updates to the website for specifications, timings, process, FAQs etc. Nor any new content such as links to the Gavan videos and so on. Apart from the updated configurator it's unchanged from when pricing was announced last September.

On the plus side, I expect a big influx of new forum members next week as press reviews come out, with people looking for more information!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Sadly there is track record of Lotus saying "soon" and it actually being "never" and saying "in December" when it's now "in March (but we might change our minds again and not tell anyone)". I can pass on what I've been told but unfortunately can't make them stick to it :(
Yes, I think we've gleaned that from your earlier comms on this topic Tom and your forthright view on this is sadly very accurate. They must do better!

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Drive release is PR BS. It's the bare minimum required for a direct channel - a means of choosing your config, placing your order and selecting finance and trade in options. They've got it live a week before the press reviews start, so the timing is pretty obvious, but the majority of it was already there for existing deposit holders.

There are still no updates to the website for specifications, timings, process, FAQs etc. Nor any new content such as links to the Gavan videos and so on. Apart from the updated configurator it's unchanged from when pricing was announced last September.

On the plus side, I expect a big influx of new forum members next week as press reviews come out, with people looking for more information!
Oh yes PR BS...... once again tells us the mind set of people running the show. Had to laugh.... they do a media launch, dont even update the website front page with a link, no mention of DRIVE any place other than the media page.

They talking about collection from Hethel when its still not been sorted, kart before the horse

Clearly some at Lotus feels it better to gild the lily.... than sort the foundation

There time would be better spent sorting issues.... nothing about how thing are done now, says high quality

bbpxbbpx

Reaction score
There is rumour that late Jul deposit could get to 2023 delivery. I certainly hope that this isn't the case. I hope that Lotus can share more and be transparent in the near future.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There is rumour that late Jul deposit could get to 2023 delivery. I certainly hope that this isn't the case. I hope that Lotus can share more and be transparent in the near future.
I hope this does not come true..... my money will be going else where :)