❔ QUESTION Sports suspension not as firm as I thought. Will it firm up more with break in?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The car is pretty amazing.
And I am liking it more and more each day

But on my drive home form the dealership, I found it not really as firm as I thoght.

Will it get more stiff as the car breaks in?

Bimmernate

Reaction score
No, it’ll probably get softer haha. This is the first I’ve heard of the sports suspension not feeling firm enough. I think it’s all subjective

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No, it’ll probably get softer haha. This is the first I’ve heard of the sports suspension not feeling firm enough. I think it’s all subjective
Sometimes I wonder if I actually have the touring on mine.

One thing - I went for the less aggressive tires but sports suspension.
Maybe that makes a big difference?

Julian73

Reaction score

It makes a noticeable, but not what I would call big difference. This is due to sidewall flex being the softest spring in any suspension setup. And remember tires are a consumable, if you want the Cup 2's buy them later or purchase a second set of wheels and add them now.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I think the tires make a big difference in perceived NVH, particularly the harshness quotient. As does the quality of the roads you're driving on. Some states have absolutely horrific infrastructure deterioration.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think the tires make a big difference in perceived NVH, particularly the harshness quotient. As does the quality of the roads you're driving on. Some states have absolutely horrific infrastructure deterioration.

I live in Minnesota and our roads suck after winter.
But.. the winter was not that harsh.

But -- this Lotus goes over anytrhing like a boss.
I actually feel its easier on bumps than my 911s.

But in a way I want it to be stiffer on the highways. Hard to explain I guess. Its just a different animal... but I like it.

Adam Brouillard

Reaction score
It makes a noticeable, but not what I would call big difference. This is due to sidewall flex being the softest spring in any suspension setup. And remember tires are a consumable, if you want the Cup 2's buy them later or purchase a second set of wheels and add them now.
Tire vertical stiffness is typically many times greater than wheel rate and it certainly would be in the case of the Emira. Inflation pressure would most likely make a more noticeable difference to tire stiffness than the two different tire constructions.