And after all the other news this week...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
... I'll just leave this here for you all...

Matt Windle OOO 2022-08-12.JPG

Enjoy the weekend everyone. For those in the UK, try not to melt in the heatwave. I'll be picking the Exige up from it's annual service in the morning and going for a long drive ... with no aircon 😓

Production has started...of customer or demo cars?

View attachment 8080

Enjoy the weekend everyone. For those in the UK, try not to melt in the heatwave. I'll be picking the Exige up from it's annual service in the morning and going for a long drive ... with no aircon 😓
You'll just have to drive faster, get more wind through the windows.

View attachment 8080

Tom you are supposed to be an inspiration! 😉😅
Continue to be out of touch, after everything. Love it.
Waiting for my test drive now because I've earnt it and then I'm out.
'Thank you' Lotus it's been emotional

Tom you are supposed to be an inspiration! 😉😅
Continue to be out of touch, after everything. Love it.
Waiting for my test drive now because I've earnt it and then I'm out.
'Thank you' Lotus it's been emotional
You're "out" as in not getting an Emira? You can't leave us!? Who'll be in charge of complaints, arguments and grumpiness?

You're "out" as in not getting an Emira? You can't leave us!? Who'll be in charge of complaints, arguments and grumpiness?
I think if I'm honest I'm over it now. I'm not into traditional good looks, I prefer quirky less in your face stuff, so take that allure of the Emira out the equation and I'm not sure there is much left for me.
V6 is nice, but I already have a great sounding classic V6 in the garage.
Will await the test drive, but I'm not expecting it to be life changing at this point. And thats before I take into account the disingenuous way I feel I have been treated by the brand.
I never wanted it to be like this, but nothing is changing for the better. I just hope everyone gets a fully sorted car and Lotus have spares available in case of issues. And finally wake up and treat their customers like valued brand ambassadors and loyalists rather than chattel

I think if I'm honest I'm over it now. I'm not into traditional good looks, I prefer quirky less in your face stuff, so take that allure of the Emira out the equation and I'm not sure there is much left for me.
Will await the test drive, but I'm not expecting it to be life changing at this point. And thats before I take into account the disingenuous way I feel I have been treated by the brand.
I never wanted it to be like this, but nothing is changing for the better. I just hope everyone gets a fully sorted car and Lotus have spares available in case of issues. And finally wake up and treat their customers like valued brand ambassadors and loyalists rather than chattel
Aww... I'm sorry it's turned out that way for you Leonard. For me, you've been one of the more enjoyable participants in the forum. Hopefully the Emira will charm you with Lotus magic on the test drive, and you'll stay with us. But if it doesn't and you leave, it's been a pleasure overall; grumpy pants and all.

Aww... I'm sorry it's turned out that way for you Leonard. For me, you've been one of the more enjoyable participants in the forum. Hopefully the Emira will charm you with Lotus magic on the test drive, and you'll stay with us. But if it doesn't and you leave, it's been a pleasure overall; grumpy pants and all.
It's been a journey and this forum has been the most pleasurable element of it all.
So I salute you all. I genuinely feel that this forum is above and beyond your usual and has a lovely balance of individuals and is going to be an amazing resource and hang out going forwards.
Whatever happens I will drop in to see what is happening and hope everyone is having a positive driving experience
🍻

Leonard I’m new to the forum and what you are saying is the same as what others said way back to the 90’s, all this talk of change is talk at the moment. I see improvements, but understand your frustratio. I put a deposit early on, but thought it may end up being another Dani fanfare or M250. I withdrew it and only recently put a Deposit back down.

Leonard I’m new to the forum and what you are saying is the same as what others said way back to the 90’s, all this talk of change is talk at the moment. I see improvements, but understand your frustration. I put a deposit early on, but thought it may end up being another Dani fanfare or M250. I withdrew it and only recently put a Deposit back down.
You would have thought they would have learnt something over the past 30 years, no? 😉
I'm not a modern consumer by any means and I work in Customer Experience so know what's what.
I dont need Lotus though, Lotus need die hard enthusiasts like myself. Although the tagline "for the drivers" is a little more all encompassing for modern Lotus... You don't burn your enthusiast customer base and forget your glorious historical past. You need both so that the posers and F1 wannabes feel like they are buying into something hardcore and legit 😉
Welcome to the forum anyway 🍻 it sounds like you know what you are getting into, and again I genuinely hope it is a good experience for all (at least from a driving and reliable ownership proposition).

Last edited:

View attachment 8080

Glad to know you are still an Insider for Emira information.
Does this sign relate to the recent confirmation of a 4 month Emira production delay?
Just how long is his vacation?

Does that mean Matt is moving on to retirement or just a vacation? Not very specific.
Interesting.... could you have applied that video to the
Wheel gap and bonnet seam inquiries?
Or.... How dark is my Verdant?

View attachment 8080

I am trying to recall, but was Matt an engineer originally? He doesn't seem to have the charisma and connection that he needs to really head up the company and be a spokesperson. This post of his does seem a bit out of touch considering that things are so many months behind they have barely communicated anything to the thousands of people that have put down deposits. It does seem quite off base...

You would have thought they would have learnt something over the past 30 years, no? 😉
I'm not a modern consumer by any means and I work in Customer Experience so know what's what.
I dont need Lotus though, Lotus need die hard enthusiasts like myself. Although the tagline "for the drivers" is a little more all encompassing for modern Lotus... You don't burn your enthusiast customer base and forget your glorious historical past. You need both so that the posers and F1 wannabes feel like they are buying into something hardcore and legit 😉
Welcome to the forum anyway 🍻 it sounds like you know what you are getting into, and again I genuinely hope it is a good experience for all (at least from a driving and reliable ownership proposition).
Leonard, you will be missed... at the very least make this decision after the test drive... Your review is one of the most anticipated!

All of us at some point have questioned whether we making a good decision.
Some reviews bring you up and others make you question. The issue is that they are not all in line and similar. They are all over the map.
I did read some old reviews of the Evora GT and the car is brilliant. Lotus has amazing engineering and all of us are hoping it comes out in the actual production cars. Nothing on this planet is perfect, the real question is what are you needs and what are your must haves… It’s way to early to tell.
As for lotus customer service it could be a lot better, but honestly I don’t care I just want a fun and engaging drive.. memorable… I get into any of our porsches 2008, 2015, 2022 and I smile walking up, driving and waiting in line. They are smile machines that’s all I’m after.. 😊😊😊🎉

This is why I'm sticking with it. I know I complain A LOT about the terrible comms and non-existent customer service. But I am very confident it is going to be a brilliant drivers car.

I've driven cars designed and built by the same team, when they only had £10 to buy parts and a shed to build them in. Now they've had access to cross-Geely expertise and parts catalogs, bigger budgets, and a new factory.

The core stuff Lotus are brilliant at on ride and handling will be there, the exterior and interior design is a big step forward, parts/materials selection is improved and designing & building for quality should mean very few issues post-delivery.

My ride up the hill at Goodwood confirmed the Emira is a hugely capable, fun and engaging car. Apart from a few niggles, most of the reviewers say that too.

Today I picked up my Exige from it's annual service (20 years old and no issues). Instead of the 30 mins cross-country route home I went on a 3 hour adventure, just for fun. That's the kind of cars Lotus build.

IMG_7042.JPG

This is why I'm sticking with it. I know I complain A LOT about the terrible comms and non-existent customer service. But I am very confident it is going to be a brilliant drivers car.

I've driven cars designed and built by the same team, when they only had £10 to buy parts and a shed to build them in. Now they've had access to cross-Geely expertise and parts catalogs, bigger budgets, and a new factory.

The core stuff Lotus are brilliant at on ride and handling will be there, the exterior and interior design is a big step forward, parts/materials selection is improved and designing & building for quality should mean very few issues post-delivery.

My ride up the hill at Goodwood confirmed the Emira is a hugely capable, fun and engaging car. Apart from a few niggles, most of the reviewers say that too.

Today I picked up my Exige from it's annual service (20 years old and no issues). Instead of the 30 mins cross-country route home I went on a 3 hour adventure, just for fun. That's the kind of cars Lotus build.

View attachment 8095
I hope so Tom. And you have had more access than most.
I just worry a little of the magic has been lost in pursuit of that global dollar and driveability by all

I hope so Tom. And you have had more access than most.
I just worry a little of the magic has been lost in pursuit of that global dollar and driveability by all
Dude you over think stuff to much, as time goes on you realize that all the Dedication , Defication that one focus on is unimportant and short sighted.
Health
Family
Being comfortable
Good company & memorable food.
Hopefully all this happens being in beautiful location…
Cars homes boats paintings watches planes are all just stuff, nice to have but unimportant.
I would enjoy sitting and enjoying a good meal with a friend shooting the shit.
This is like 🌧 rain you can complain or go side and make love to the you lover..
“ lemons make lemonade “ 😊

Last edited:
Dude you over think stuff to much, as time goes on you realize that all the dedication that one focus on is unimportant and short sighted.
Health
Family
Being comfortable
Good company & memorable food.
Hopefully all this happens being in beautiful location…
Cars homes boats paintings watches planes are all just stuff, nice to have but unimportant.
I would enjoy sitting and enjoying a good meal with a friend shooting the shit.
This is like 🌧 rain you can complain or go side and make love to the you lover..
“ lemons make lemonade “ 😊
😅
Totally.
But if you get sold a dream and it turns out to be a FULL lemon, then it's a disappointment. Not that I care anymore 🤣
And I'm not over thinking it, I honestly thought this car could have been something truly special.
This could have been a modern Integrale, an E30 M3, a 964 RS
That's the rub