What should I buy?

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
So, I got my email for a March 2023 production which would probably mean Summer 2023 possession. That is almost a year and I don't think I can wait that long driving only my Santa Cruz (this thing goes 0 to 60 in around an hour). I want a car that is reasonable yet fun to hold me off. I have never really thought about American muscle cars, but I've been saving some chargers and camaros that I've spotted online recently and they look great. They are priced low for the horse power you get. I just have never thought about American cars before. Anyone have any experience with them? How will they compare to the cars below? I sold a 2017 911 and a 2018 f type last year as I wanted to capitalize on the crazy used car market and have cash for the Emira. Plus they told me I would be in possession of the Emira in 2022. Well shame on me because I now have nothing but sadness. My forgotten children are posted below.

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• My babies.jpg
    My babies.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 67
So, I got my email for a March 2023 production which would probably mean Summer 2023 possession. That is almost a year and I don't think I can wait that long driving only my Santa Cruz (this thing goes 0 to 60 in around an hour). I want a car that is reasonable yet fun to hold me off. I have never really thought about American muscle cars, but I've been saving some chargers and camaros that I've spotted online recently and they look great. They are priced low for the horse power you get. I just have never thought about American cars before. Anyone have any experience with them? How will they compare to the cars below? I sold a 2017 911 and a 2018 f type last year as I wanted to capitalize on the crazy used car market and have cash for the Emira. Plus they told me I would be in possession of the Emira in 2022. Well shame on me because I now have nothing but sadness. My forgotten children are posted below.

Thanks for any input!
I almost sold my F Type in readiness for a November delivery of the Emira but fortunately checked with Lotus just before closing the deal and was advised that delivery is now sometime in 2023.

I almost sold my F Type in readiness for a November delivery of the Emira but fortunately checked with Lotus just before closing the deal and was advised that delivery is now sometime in 2023.
Smart move. I just never thought we'd be waiting 2 years. I should have held onto the jag. The 911 we actually sold for 5k more than we bought it for and thats after 2 years of use and plenty of wear and tear. I lost 5k on the jag. I thought about another jag too but I'd be looking at a higher price tag. I loved starting that thing up, I enjoyed it way more than the 911 to be honest.

Smart move. I just never thought we'd be waiting 2 years. I should have held onto the jag. The 911 we actually sold for 5k more than we bought it for and thats after 2 years of use and plenty of wear and tear. I lost 5k on the jag. I thought about another jag too but I'd be looking at a higher price tag. I loved starting that thing up, I enjoyed it way more than the 911 to be honest.
I am on the waiting list for a 718spyder if I’m given a build allocation it will be hard to pass up, presently driving a 981 GTS. Wanted to buy the Emira to have something exotic in the garage.

The wait has been different, also through about a C8-Z06 but that’s also a wait. The new way to buy automobiles wait, wait, and patiently wait some more. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 37EE9D6C-30BA-431D-B7DE-663E4DF20C22.jpeg
    37EE9D6C-30BA-431D-B7DE-663E4DF20C22.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 28

Thanks for any input!
I have a BMW 135I convertible. Six speed manual transmission with 300 Rear drive horsepower. You can pick them up for a great price ($20-30k) The N 55 is a sweet engine. Could be a great stopgap car for you.

Have you ever considered A90 SUPRA? :geek: It is such a bargain in terms of the US market price.In China, the price is double.
supra.jpg

I am on the waiting list for a 718spyder if I’m given a build allocation it will be hard to pass up, presently driving a 981 GTS. Wanted to buy the Emira to have something exotic in the garage.

The wait has been different, also through about a C8-Z06 but that’s also a wait. The new way to buy automobiles wait, wait, and patiently wait some more. 🤷‍♂️
Love the spyders they are badass. But I agree the waiting game is crazy. I was actually talking about that with some buddies. I bet you could make a killing just tossing your name on all these lists for rare FEs then flipping them. Shoot even the bronco was going for like 30k above msrp.

Have you ever considered A90 SUPRA? :geek: It is such a bargain in terms of the US market price.In China, the price is double.View attachment 8086
I have been looking at the supra too. They are amazing for the price. That's what I'm looking for something I can snag for 50 or below. That's what got me looking into the challenger some. I found some 21s with V8 485 hp for around 45k. It might pair nice with the emira as I'm sure it's a completely different ride. But I've never driven one or even thought about them until last week when lotus hit me with delays.

I did exactly that (2019 ps380 convertible) early this year expecting June delivery. When I started to get doubts around may time I bought an abarth 124 spider. It's been a great car for the summer.

Reactions: Pav
I have a BMW 135I convertible. Six speed manual transmission with 300 Rear drive horsepower. You can pick them up for a great price ($20-30k) The N 55 is a sweet engine. Could be a great stopgap car for you.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check into some bmws as well. I was looking at the M series but a little pricey for a hold me over car. But what you mentioned could be a great alternative.