2022 v 2024 Model differences

Davidexige

Reaction score
Thought that this perhaps deserved a thread of it’s own, having seen the post by “GaterMotorsport” stating that for the USA at least, that all cars produced in 2023 will be model year 2024, what do we think the difference’s will be, the only thing I could think of would perhaps be the fitting of the ADAS (advanced driver assistance system) not sure what else there could be.

Probably just a different model number and maybe some bug fixes. :)

I HOPE being a 2024 model year it doesn't have to have that particulate filter on it.

Oh, haven't heard of that, what is that? 🤔
The new regulations require the gas particulate filter for cars produced after a certain date. The i4 is going to have to have it. It reduces power to improve emissions. When Chevy sent their first C8 Vette to the U.K. built with this to meet Euro regs, it lowered the power from 495 to 480 hp. It also affects the sound from what I hear.

I don't know if this is something that would affect North American cars, at least at this time, but it may affect cars built for the U.K. Unless I'm mistaken (entirely possible), I thought the Euro7 regulations were supposed to go into effect next year for 2024 model year cars?

GPF’s are not required on US gasoline cars through 2027. The EPA will revisit rules at that point and may choose to require them but most manufacturers can meet US regulations without them. I doubt Lotus will add the part to the US cars but may decide it’s easier to build one version regardless where it lands.

GPFs are already required in the Eu since 2020. and if they are required here, US cars will get them as well because that‘s easier for Lotus.
However the V6 doesn‘t need a GPF because as counter intuitive as it sounds, due to the port injection technology it produces less particulates than the more modern direct injection engines like the M139.

That's right, the V6 doesn't need a GPF but the i4 will. My understanding is they'll be fitted to the cars globally, rather than having regional variations. In some countries you make be able to delete it and still meet local regulations.

Back