Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
    Featured
The reality of what's going on in the world right now is frustrating for a good many people, of all nations, not just in the U.S. There seems to be a global insanity taking hold everywhere, not just in the political class but in almost any position of power in any institution. The disconnect from any kind of sensible reality is all very bizarre, and would be inexplicable if it were not for the fact that we've had about a 2,000 year advance notice of all this, including a one-world government, one-world monetary system, and even global "warming". There's no way anyone that far back could guess at our world and be as accurate as he is, so he wasn't hallucinating; he simply wrote down what he saw, as incredible as it seems. The Book of Revelation was a very strange read not all that long ago. I've known about it for over 50 years, but I never thought I'd see it, or anything even close to it in my lifetime. Yet unbelievably, it's all forming up right before our eyes. I have such mixed feelings about it all. I know how it winds up, and yet it all just seems terribly sad to me that even with that much advance notice, we're going to do it anyways. I was hoping it wouldn't happen in my lifetime, but now I'm not so sure. I just pray a lot and vote for the best choices we're presented with, even if they're not what I would like to have.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Is it just me or does magma red look like a different color depending on which wheels you select? With black wheels it seems like the blue tones are more noticeable, while the silver wheels seem to draw out mor brightness from the red tones.
That seems to be true with many of the colors. I've noticed when doing renders how they visually seem to shift tone depending on wheels, calipers, and even the seat colors sometimes.

Just for fun though, here's a couple of ideas I've been playing around with. One is definitely doable for Verdant, the other would be for someone getting a car later when black paint becomes available.

Verdant idea.png

JPS theme.png

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Long post….You are right that this is the Emira forum, so perhaps on the surface, some might think that politically infused comments are unwelcome. But don’t think for a minute that politics has no bearing on our enjoyment of Emira. To make it Emira-centric, the fact that we are seeing Emira as the last ICE car for Lotus reflects a 30-40 year assault on fossil fuels, which just recently we had been able to turn around. But today you are hard pressed to find a young person who doesn’t think climate change caused specifically by fossil fuels is some existential threat to their lives. Elected officials are even predicting the apocalypse because of this. Such arrogance. The original fear when I was a kid was we were going to run out of fossil fuel, but two generations later there is plenty of fuel to go around. So now it’s that the world will come to an end if we use it. My goodness, we are electing people who use this fear and giving Nobel prizes to children swayed by these fears. Yet, it only seems to be the responsibility of western society to address the problem and other nations get a pass. And newsflash, all that electricity is not coming from the sun and the wind. And where do you think all the metals are coming from to make the batteries that store the electricity? There are studies that show our electrified future is not nearly as environmentally friendly as is being foretold, and even more harmful than combustibles. But it sure sounds good. I’m all for a clean environment, but this level of fear mongering would be silly we’re it not so destructive. Moreover, Biden’s administration is printing money (in political speak, “monetizing the debt”) to support financially unsustainable energy policies and to enable continued dependency of government. Consequently they are devaluing that which I and many others have been saving a lifetime to amass to be in a position to buy this car. Then his administration’s policies have unnecessarily driven up the cost of putting fuel in the tank of that car. And it doesn’t seem to be that there’s a problem with the fuel itself since we are imploring other countries to produce it for our consumption. He just needed to make these overtures to the people who voted for him. No core values, just that which is politically expedient. It’s kind of pathetic. I don’t know how any objective person can look at the work product or performance of this president and his administration and see anything that has been substantively good for the American people. That’s not politics, that’s reality. Trump was bombastic and often insulting to people’s sensibilities. But honestly, I care far more about substance than style. Just do things that help our country rather than harm it. Don’t let your faith in an ideology blind you to reason. So I’ll apologize for the personalized comment about the man, but also point out that calling out bad decisions or calling someone an idiot isn’t necessarily political…it might just be true-just ask many remorseful Biden voters right now. But I won’t apologize for my belief that his administration, for which he is responsible, has so far been characterized by unbelievable arrogance, hubris, and a steady stream of illogical and short-sighted decisions that show little regard for the wellness of the nation. He’s simply not a good president. And that makes me sad and scared. We went from one extreme to another in the US because politics is viewed as a game to win rather than a means of protecting life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for the people (I.e., freedom, with as few restrictions as possible to enable, but not necessarily guarantee, these things for everyone). And if we don’t get some reasonable people back in the majority in all our halls of government (democrat, republican or independent….I don’t care) then I fear for our people, our children who are being strapped with the consequences of irresponsible decision making, and ultimately for the future of our nation and for western civilization. Apologies to the OP. My moment of weakness (it’s been a tough week) was not intended to hijack the thread. I too can be guilty of not foreseeing unintended consequences. I’ll get back to emphasizing the car.
Rubbish! Save it for another forum please.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi can I please request your latest version of Magma (which looks great by the way) with diamond cut wheels, yellow calipers and black pack, and black alcantara (yellow stitching) - thank you :)

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That seems to be true with many of the colors. I've noticed when doing renders how they visually seem to shift tone depending on wheels, calipers, and even the seat colors sometimes.

Just for fun though, here's a couple of ideas I've been playing around with. One is definitely doable for Verdant, the other would be for someone getting a car later when black paint becomes available.

View attachment 1772
View attachment 1773
Uhhh... whooooooa. I was playing with that exact "LOTUS" placement in another thread and think it's great but you've absolutely crushed it with that added line highlight. First of all.. *slow clap* in appreciation for all your work here @Eagle7. Second, and I hate to ask because you've become like a personal Emira configurator, but I'd love to see that yellow "LOTUS" and trim stripe on Hethel Yellow, Black Wheels, Red Calipers.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Surely gold wheels too?
I'm debating on that because that would require a complete repaint of the factory wheels. The LOTUS on the rocker panels, the lower Hethel yellow stripe and the British Flag on the front could be done with vinyl. I'll keep playing around with it though and do a version with gold wheels, though maybe it'll be 3rd party wheels.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Uhhh... whooooooa. I was playing with that exact "LOTUS" placement in another thread and think it's great but you've absolutely crushed it with that added line highlight. First of all.. *slow clap* in appreciation for all your work here @Eagle7. Second, and I hate to ask because you've become like a personal Emira configurator, but I'd love to see that yellow "LOTUS" and trim stripe on Hethel Yellow, Black Wheels, Red Calipers.
I didn't put the stripe on the front because obviously a Hethel yellow stripe isn't going to show on a Hethel yellow car, but this still looks good as-is.

mr_joshua.png

Looking at it, I realize the lower rocker stripe helps to fill out the middle section of the car and visually "plant" it down to the ground. I'm going to try variations of this on all the colors to see how it works. It's an easy enough thing to add too.

mr_joshua 2.png

Last edited:

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I didn't put the stripe on the front because obviously a Hethel yellow stripe isn't going to show on a Hethel yellow car, but this still looks good as-is.

View attachment 1776

Looking at it, I realize the lower rocker stripe helps to fill out the middle section of the car and visually "plant" it down to the ground. I'm going to try variations of this on all the colors to see how it works. It's an easy enough thing to add too.

View attachment 1777
@Eagle7 You are a gentleman and a scholar of the highest regard. And agreed.. it's a really interesting visual anchor. It adds a little retro feel while still being a modern look. Subtle. But kinda aggressive all at the same time. Anyway... thanks again for you time.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Eagle7 You are a gentleman and a scholar of the highest regard. And agreed.. it's a really interesting visual anchor. It adds a little retro feel while still being a modern look. Subtle. But kinda aggressive all at the same time. Anyway... thanks again for you time.
Well thank you, and you are welcome. Yeah the more I look at it, the more I like it. It gives it that ground-effects look, which is a very traditional Lotus Formula 1 racing thing.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Could you add the yellow Lotus writing with red stripe to the Magma Red car you did me above - think this really adds to the look

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Could you add the yellow Lotus writing with red stripe to the Magma Red car you did me above - think this really adds to the look
Might have to go with a different, brighter red for the Magma car. Magma itself isn't that bright in a small stripe like this, and especially down low where it isn't going to be facing up to reflect light. Here it is though.

Magma Stripe 2.png

Magma Stripe 1.png

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
same as above with both yellow and red writing / stripe so I can compare but with yellow calipers and diamond cut wheel if possible - thank you, much appreciate all you are doing for us here

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
same as above with both yellow and red writing / stripe so I can compare but with yellow calipers and diamond cut wheel if possible - thank you, much appreciate all you are doing for us here
Wasn't sure if you meant yellow lettering and red stripe, or yellow lettering and stripe, or red lettering and stripe, so I did all three.

dons stripe 2.png

dons stripe 2a.png

dons stripe 2b.png