Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The lettering and pinstripe really do look awesome... I especially loved the Hethel examples (there goes my surety about colour choice again LOL)

I've got a curve-ball challenge for you, if you're at a bit of a loose end... how hard would it be to tweak the material parameters to simulate a satin finish instead of gloss? I'm contemplating satin-effect PPF over Seneca blue (though I'm very curious how other colours would look also), glossy black PPF to achieve a "reversible black pack" on the roof, with silver wheels (or possibly dark bronze), and red calipers.

And yes, I'd like fries with that :D

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The lettering and pinstripe really do look awesome... I especially loved the Hethel examples (there goes my surety about colour choice again LOL)

I've got a curve-ball challenge for you, if you're at a bit of a loose end... how hard would it be to tweak the material parameters to simulate a satin finish instead of gloss? I'm contemplating satin-effect PPF over Seneca blue (though I'm very curious how other colours would look also), glossy black PPF to achieve a "reversible black pack" on the roof, with silver wheels (or possibly dark bronze), and red calipers.

And yes, I'd like fries with that :D
Not sure what you're describing for the black pack. Did you mean the car without the factory black pack, but you'd apply gloss black vinyl over it so it would look like the factory black pack?

I just did these with the gloss factory black pack, and the Seneca in a matte finish.

adc matte.png

adc bronze.png

AndyHB

Reaction score
That seems to be true with many of the colors. I've noticed when doing renders how they visually seem to shift tone depending on wheels, calipers, and even the seat colors sometimes.

Just for fun though, here's a couple of ideas I've been playing around with. One is definitely doable for Verdant, the other would be for someone getting a car later when black paint becomes available.

View attachment 1772
View attachment 1773
Eagle 7, as the owner of a 79 Esprit JPS these really stirred my imagination. A few years ago there were photos on the internet of a V8 with a JPS skin from Germany that was stunning. Maybe something similar for the Emira would be interesting. Many thanks for all your hard work - really appreciated. Cheers, Andy

AndyHB

Reaction score
I didn't put the stripe on the front because obviously a Hethel yellow stripe isn't going to show on a Hethel yellow car, but this still looks good as-is.

View attachment 1776

Looking at it, I realize the lower rocker stripe helps to fill out the middle section of the car and visually "plant" it down to the ground. I'm going to try variations of this on all the colors to see how it works. It's an easy enough thing to add too.

View attachment 1777
My favourite Evora was the 2017 410 and I’ve been thinking the Hethel Yellow needs something similar to accentuate the lines.
1639184991406.jpeg

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The reality of what's going on in the world right now is frustrating for a good many people, of all nations, not just in the U.S. There seems to be a global insanity taking hold everywhere, not just in the political class but in almost any position of power in any institution. The disconnect from any kind of sensible reality is all very bizarre, and would be inexplicable if it were not for the fact that we've had about a 2,000 year advance notice of all this, including a one-world government, one-world monetary system, and even global "warming". There's no way anyone that far back could guess at our world and be as accurate as he is, so he wasn't hallucinating; he simply wrote down what he saw, as incredible as it seems. The Book of Revelation was a very strange read not all that long ago. I've known about it for over 50 years, but I never thought I'd see it, or anything even close to it in my lifetime. Yet unbelievably, it's all forming up right before our eyes. I have such mixed feelings about it all. I know how it winds up, and yet it all just seems terribly sad to me that even with that much advance notice, we're going to do it anyways. I was hoping it wouldn't happen in my lifetime, but now I'm not so sure. I just pray a lot and vote for the best choices we're presented with, even if they're not what I would like to have.
Polite notice:
Can all this sort of stuff be saved for other forums? It maybe a UK thing but it's just not cricket to be espousing religion or political views in the context of a car forum.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not sure what you're describing for the black pack. Did you mean the car without the factory black pack, but you'd apply gloss black vinyl over it so it would look like the factory black pack?

I just did these with the gloss factory black pack, and the Seneca in a matte finish.

View attachment 1785
View attachment 1786
Thanks for whipping these up. I didn't expect such a quick turnaround! :)

Yes, you interpreted correctly... I simply meant I intend to order a body-coloured roof but black it out with a wrap / paint-protection film to look like a factory black pack (so that I can either choose not to have it / undo it easily if I change my mind later).

I'm not sure what I make of a matte finish now that I see it, but the bronzed wheels could continue to grow on me (maybe in a lighter / more gold shade, similar to the first image here - Forged wheels | Lotus Emira Forum )

Cheers again. You are doing ${DEITY_OF_YOUR_CHOICE}'s work here :)

All hail the Eagle7 Configurator!

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thanks for whipping these up. I didn't expect such a quick turnaround! :)

Yes, you interpreted correctly... I simply meant I intend to order a body-coloured roof but black it out with a wrap / paint-protection film to look like a factory black pack (so that I can either choose not to have it / undo it easily if I change my mind later).

I'm not sure what I make of a matte finish now that I see it, but the bronzed wheels could continue to grow on me (maybe in a lighter / more gold shade, similar to the first image here - Forged wheels | Lotus Emira Forum )

Cheers again. You are doing ${DEITY_OF_YOUR_CHOICE}'s work here :)

All hail the Eagle7 Configurator!
Have you thought about the other way around? Keeping the body glossy and making the roof, mirrors and pillars matte black? Maybe even the lower black pack? I’ve thought about that with magma. Hard to model I suspect, but could be neat.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Still working on Magma. After changing the sun setting to more closely match what I can see on a photo of an actual Magma Red planform sample, I've gotten a lot closer to matching the color and characteristic of the color.

Something I realized (after spending hours trying to match a photo TomE posted) that the Emira has virtually no flat surfaces. The only flat surfaces I can see are the sides of the wheel arches. This makes the paint reflections and shading behave differently than if there were large mostly flat surfaces. The dropoff of light to dark is more prominent on a shape that has constant curves, like the planform does, so I worked to match the planform. I think this is also one of the reasons why the Emira is such a beautiful car; its sculpted beauty is almost Italian.

View attachment 1761
View attachment 1762
In fact, with this new sun setting, the darker colors look more like what I see on the planforms, so these are probably closer to what the car will look like in these colors.

View attachment 1763
View attachment 1764
View attachment 1766
I think these versions of Magma are really close to how the sample and Fire Red cars appear in photographs. Great work!

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Polite notice:
Can all this sort of stuff be saved for other forums? It maybe a UK thing but it's just not cricket to be espousing religion or political views in the context of a car forum.
I understand, but my post wasn't actually about religion or a religion. It's something that was written by an exiled author almost 2,000 years ago, so I view it as an historical item of interest, which I find quite remarkable considering its contents and when it was written.

However I agree, this or anything like this should be in an off-topic area.

Honeywell

Reaction score
Eagle7 you are a legend and owed many pints.

Can you show me a Nimbus grey, black wheels, red callipers, red interior With full black pack - both sunny and cloudy renders?

I have swung between each of the six colours as being definitely The One but currently this is my leading contender. Just want to make sure...

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Eagle7 you are a legend and owed many pints.

Can you show me a Nimbus grey, black wheels, red callipers, red interior With full black pack - both sunny and cloudy renders?

I have swung between each of the six colours as being definitely The One but currently this is my leading contender. Just want to make sure...
Honeywell 1.png

Honeywell 1a.png
Honeywell 2.png

Honeywell 2a.png

Honeywell

Reaction score
It is such a sophisticated shape, barely any flat surface. A bold bloc colour disguises that. Hence I've ended up like Harry Matcalfe in ordering silver.

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What an amazing job you’ve done for everyone Eagle7, really can’t thank you enough.

The logo and lower pin stripe in yellow really works with yellow callipers. I’m not sure if the red would have to be too light and too much of a contrast in order to see it clearly. You’re right about Magma being too dark on the lower sill.

I can easily envisage a good few Emira’s appearing with those very same decals.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What an amazing job you’ve done for everyone Eagle7, really can’t thank you enough.

The logo and lower pin stripe in yellow really works with yellow callipers. I’m not sure if the red would have to be too light and too much of a contrast in order to see it clearly. You’re right about Magma being too dark on the lower sill.

I can easily envisage a good few Emira’s appearing with those very same decals.
I agree that yellow logo and pinstripe on the lower black pack look fantastic with several of the FE colors, particularly Hethel yellow, Seneca blue, Verdant Green, and even shadow grey. But magma red seems different. I was thinking white or silver would be an attractive alternative to yellow specifically for Magma and Nimbus. For Magma I think this would be especially attractive if one chooses bright forged wheels and kept the titanium exhaust by not ordering the upper black pack. Another more subtle option would be matte black lettering and stripe on a gloss black background….paired with a matte black roof might be really cool looking.

Devil

Reaction score
Great work.
Would you mind do another render with nimbus gray, black pack, red interior, diamond rims with yellow calipers? Thx