Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
    Featured
Great work.
Would you mind do another render with nimbus gray, black pack, red interior, diamond rims with yellow calipers? Thx
Devi 1.png

Devi 1a.png

Devi 1b.png

AndyHB

Reaction score
Eagle7, time to confirm my selection with my dealer. If you haven't generated one before could you do a Hethel with black pack, tan interior, diamond cut wheels and red calipers? Having seen the VG colour sample, my prior favourite, it's almost black even in the Aussie sun so Hethel it is. As your rendition of Hethel is pretty damn close I'd love to see a few views before I commit. Many Thanks.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Eagle7, time to confirm my selection with my dealer. If you haven't generated one before could you do a Hethel with black pack, tan interior, diamond cut wheels and red calipers? Having seen the VG colour sample, my prior favourite, it's almost black even in the Aussie sun so Hethel it is. As your rendition of Hethel is pretty damn close I'd love to see a few views before I commit. Many Thanks.
AndyHB 1.png

AndyHB 1a.png

AndyHB 1b.png

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Mate, That is just Fantastic!! Decision made. Thanks a Million - definitely owe you a beer!!
I -promise- I’m trying not to derail your decision… I’m looking at a very similar spec (different wheels and maybe different calipers).

I agree the picture above looks wonderful.

However… I don’t think it looks as good here:
(https://www.emiraforum.com/attachments/hethel-tan-png.1995/)
1640317534739.png

(https://www.emiraforum.com/attachments/colour-trim-options-jpeg.1979/

And Lotus says that you and I have got issues with our taste….

1640317429269.png

Have you seen both of these and still decided on yellow/tan? I think I like it, but not seeing it in the flesh and having lotus say Nyet to the combo makes me nervous to commit.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FWIW, I have seen the color disk samples in person of hethel yellow and tan and IMO it is not a good combo. Maybe if you tint your windows dark, then interior will mostly be hidden from the outside view and not as noticeable.

If you must go Hethel yellow and leather interior, better combo is with black or even ice gray.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m not sure I’d be that discouraged by one’s choice not matching recommendations from Lotus. They don’t recommend the Superman combo, which I think will look fantastic. Aesthetic is very personal. If something speaks to you, I say go for it.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I -promise- I’m trying not to derail your decision… I’m looking at a very similar spec (different wheels and maybe different calipers).

(https://www.emiraforum.com/attachments/hethel-tan-png.1995/)View attachment 2048

View attachment 2047

Have you seen both of these and still decided on yellow/tan? I think I like it, but not seeing it in the flesh and having lotus say Nyet to the combo makes me nervous to commit.
Wow, they also don't recommend my combo of Dark Verdant and black Alcantara with yellow stitching. Why is that? Am I missing something?

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
FWIW, I have seen the color disk samples in person of hethel yellow and tan and IMO it is not a good combo. Maybe if you tint your windows dark, then interior will mostly be hidden from the outside view and not as noticeable.

If you must go Hethel yellow and leather interior, better combo is with black or even ice gray.
I'd agree. The issue is 2 similar colours. The tan has an orange hue. Matching that to yellow isn't optimal as they don't contrast well.
Black is the safest choice until you can see a full tan interior.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow, they also don't recommend my combo of Dark Verdant and black Alcantara with yellow stitching. Why is that? Am I missing something?
Jamaican colours!
I actually don't think it's to do with stitch. It's the contrast of dark green and black. You'll see the lighter colours are recommended

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Bit odd they’re ‘officially’ not recommending black alcantara with yellow stitch for Hethel yellow. That’s my config and I’d have thought that would be a fairly obvious combo? Plenty of red sports cars with red stitch on black etc.

*edit - why are there no Designer’s Choices for some paint options, what a cop out!?

AndyHB

Reaction score

(https://www.emiraforum.com/attachments/hethel-tan-png.1995/)View attachment 2048

View attachment 2047

View attachment 2047

Oh, hell!! Hadn’t seen this but I’m not a fan of black interiors and the samples looked ok at the dealership. Maybe it’s the Aussie sun (we have our own you know) or the colours we see around us rather than those northern hemisphere deep greens and grey skies 😂. Loved the idea of a red interior but it’s insipid and nowhere as good as my old Beemer used to be. Even here VG is black with dark green undertones, just too dark for me. Aaahhhh!!!

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Oh, hell!! Hadn’t seen this but I’m not a fan of black interiors and the samples looked ok at the dealership. Maybe it’s the Aussie sun (we have our own you know) or the colours we see around us rather than those northern hemisphere deep greens and grey skies 😂. Loved the idea of a red interior but it’s insipid and nowhere as good as my old Beemer used to be. Even here VG is black with dark green undertones, just too dark for me. Aaahhhh!!!
I thought the same in the road show and also on the lotus web site I think it looks good but the possible orangish hues I can see in the first picture above made me worry. I’m right with you on argghhh!!! I thought I was done.

Ubergreg

Reaction score
Eagle 7 these are fantastic. These are great in studio light. I hope you don’t mind I used some of your renders over on a Facebook forum. Don’t know how to credit you on there? You’ve done some of (almost) my spec in the outside light: green, black wheels, yellow calipers, black alcantara, I wonder if you could do that in this light? On another note it freaked me out a bit to see you had done the exact same thing as me as a graphic. One of the first things I did was put “lotus” on the side sills in yellow. See image…

Attachments

• A9BBBEF3-E317-46C0-AFEB-BA783DA87D89.jpeg
    A9BBBEF3-E317-46C0-AFEB-BA783DA87D89.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 84

SteveB

Reaction score

This is my choice as well and the designers recommendation does not make sense, especially as Verdant plus the other black interior options appear to be OK from the design recommendations chart. I am wondering if this more a consequence of anticipated demand for interior finishes than colour incompatibility (dark green, black and yellow are traditional Lotus colours). Maybe Lotus were thinking customers ordering a dark paint colour were more likely to want a light interior (tan, ice grey) and have contracted with their suppliers accordingly (similar to no yellow stitching on an alcantara steering wheel if the manual gearbox option is selected) and the colour recommendation chart is an attempt to influence customers selected combinations from an inventory perspective?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The colour chart I believe was an internal document for Customer Care, dealers and staff attending roadshows. Going off-recommendation doesn't mean you've got no taste! As many others have said, it's almost impossible to spec a bad looking Emira.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Great work as always @Eagle7. 👍

Since the request was to make a final decision, and given that the full Black Pack was in the list, shouldn't the LOTUS badge and both exhaust tips be in Black as well?
HAH! Good eye! Yes indeed. All of these objects have to be colored separately, so I'm surprised I haven't missed one of them more often. Here's the correct back view.

Hethel BP corrected.png