• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Air con known issue -no fix yet [EDIT: now with official fix]

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Talked to the dealer today. Parts are in stock and should take 5-7 days to get fixed. He said they ordered they HVAC fan resistor and some cover piece to prevent water intrusion. He thinks my car should be ready to go by end of next week. They are also still doing diagnostics on why I get a Evap Control CEL light and finishing up the oil change. So far, so good.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think I'm going to ask next week while they're building mine to see if this is being addressed proactively.

3A3968M

Reaction score
My car is affected by the air con issue, and now it has a check engine light on with less than 50 miles on odometer.
I have an appointment for service for tomorrow, I will let you all know how that goes.
The car is an FE1.0 lower 1500’s serial.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My car is affected by the air con issue, and now it has a check engine light on with less than 50 miles on odometer.
I have an appointment for service for tomorrow, I will let you all know how that goes.
Thank you for mentioning your version and serial number. I wish everyone did this when posting issues.

Good luck 🍀

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for mentioning your version and serial number. I wish everyone did this when posting issues.

Good luck 🍀
Mine is an FE 1.0 but since I don't have the car with me I can't tell you the serial number. I was one of the first in the U.S. to get one.

Zardoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Same low 1500's air conditioner issue since day 1. Parts are at dealer. Took a week to get. Car currently getting PPF. Dropping off at end of this week. Will report back upon repair

3A3968M

Reaction score
Dropped the car off at the service. The check engine light is due to a bad charcoal canister. Of course this morning the was blowing cool air since the start…. The service advisor ensured me the resistor pack will be replaced along with the charcoal canister and EVAP valves. No ETA

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Dropped the car off at the service. The check engine light is due to a bad charcoal canister. Of course this morning the was blowing cool air since the start…. The service advisor ensured me the resistor pack will be replaced along with the charcoal canister and EVAP valves. No ETA
What was you CEL code? Was it P0446?....Evap control?.....If so, I will share with my dealer cause that is what I am seeing as well.

3A3968M

Reaction score
What was you CEL code? Was it P0446?....Evap control?.....If so, I will share with my dealer cause that is what I am seeing as well.
I don’t know the code that what was my SA told me over the phone after I dropped off the car. I hope I will have more information soon.

3A3968M

Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer now as the AC stuff is supposedly fixed (resistor), but they are now chasing an evaporation related CEL. I absolutely do not understand how some (even earlier) cars can be just fine and others have issues at delivery. Did they change the resistor, or did they change the assembly process? Seems if you have a water issue and they are all assembled the same way, you would see this on every car. Especially when the car is developed in a country known for crappy weather. Mine is 11/23 build date...got the car in the middle of March.

I also question how does Lotus relay this information to the US dealers? For example... when I questioned the new updated resistor design I was told there is not an updated part...then they talk to the actual service tech and he says "Yes the new part is different than the one from the factory". This made me feel better that I was getting the new version, but you would think the rest of the department would have been able to relay that there is an update.

They may not have like me saying "I read it on the internet" but some of you guys have had your cars for over a year and closer to the actual factory so I believe the information is valuable. Trying to decide how to handle this wire loom water ingress issue with the dealer and not just get blown off. Is there a way for us to see any of the recalls or bulletins put out related to our cars?
Did you get your back all sorted? I’m experiencing similar issues - A/C + EVAP CEL

tnbuilder

Reaction score
Did you get your back all sorted? I’m experiencing similar issues - A/C + EVAP CEL
For the A/C I know I have a newer version of the resistor.

See the evap/ carbon cannister thread on that topic. I posted there. Keeping it there may help people searching for the future. I will update as it goes along.(y) I should have my car early next week.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Did you get an ETA on the parts?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Nova any updates on your experiment?
No news is good news? I washed my car over the weekend and placed towels on the vents to limit water spray.

1000009064.jpg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is the way.

Btw, any areas to cover on the rear deck lid or trunk? Does the engine bay just get all wet during a car wash?
Hmm... I didn't check the rear hatch. I angled my pressure washer away from the opening most of the time.