• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Air con known issue -no fix yet [EDIT: now with official fix]

Zardoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Same low 1500's air conditioner issue since day 1. Parts are at dealer. Took a week to get. Car currently getting PPF. Dropping off at end of this week. Will report back upon repair
HVAC fixed. parts took a week to get. Fixed in 1 day. Includes new protective cover.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
HVAC fixed. parts took a week to get. Fixed in 1 day. Includes new protective cover.
My HVAC parts are supposed to be at the dealer in the next day or so. Plan is to pick up on Friday. As for the Charcoal canister issue, parts no available till June. Will go back when that comes in.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We need *SOMEONE* to take a photo of the new cover.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was told cover goes over the electronics, to keep water off

With this info in mind it explains why the visible covers on each side don’t look any different on the upgraded Emiras. The dealer probably just cleans the cover up, spritzes it with Armor All, then puts it back looking like a new piece.

The new shield is probably UNDER this cover on the upgraded cars.
IMG_7026.jpeg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With this info in mind it explains why the visible covers on each side don’t look any different on the upgraded Emiras. The dealer probably just cleans the cover up, spritzes it with Armor All, then puts it back looking like a new piece.

The new shield is probably UNDER this cover on the upgraded cars.View attachment 43479
Maybe the new cover is a cover under this cover?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just got a caller from my dealer that lotus has issued a TSB for water diverter and that my VIN was on there. Parts have been ordered.
It would be nice if someone near a dealer could find out what the VIN range is for the cars this TSB applies to.

Taz10

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Owned for 1 week, 120 miles (driven twice), AC stops working. Serial number ending in xxx60. Called Lotus of Washington they are ordering a new resistor. Apparently no communication from Lotus.. seems to be a widespread issue. ..

Annoying issue today in the last 10 min of driving, Apple Car play intermittently worked, cant hear the calls, music playing no sound .. “hung” mode ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Time2Fly

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@VL3X recommend merging with

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That does suck and I bet it’s terrible after washing it, especially if you use a jet washer.
At least it’s something that will get fixed and once all the gremlins have been sorted out you will forget the bad memories and enjoy your great car.
Mine is at a dealer waiting for HVAC parts it has been there 20 days now this time, it has been nothing but trouble since I got it certainly is not a great car, it is totally SH1Te.