• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Aerie Ti Emira exhaust installation

OP
B

beardp

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the Carbon diffusers:

Not really my thing, I thought I was buying a carbon diffuser and not screw on covers.

Not Aeries fault.

1712027899353.png

OP
B

beardp

Reaction score
Where are the sound clips!?

The sound is not impressive.

On turbos : I have found that race cats + stock exhaust is the best combo. Stock exhaust breaks the drone resonance.

On NAs + boost : stock cats and straight pipes are the best combo.

Carrera 4S: JCR Race Cats + Stock exhaust = awesome
GT3: Stock Cats + JCR Straight exhaust = awesome
Cayote: Whipple + stock cats + COBB straight exhaust = awesome
Golf R Mk8: stock cats + valved Milltek = very drony

Waiting for a non valved straight exhaust and race cats (200) for the Emira.

Need 2 things:
1. Valve delete module. (Soul Perf makes one for GT3 that works perfectly)
2: Tune or emissions CEL delete for the race cats (I have a gizmo for my C4S that clears the emissions CEL)

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I‘m mainly interested in weight saving, not sound changing (unless it sounds like an old school F1 car, but must be able to be turned on or off at will).

I think the stock sound is fine, to be honest. I’d be very happy to keep the existing sound but save a significant amount of weight, and maybe gain a little power.

I‘m also concerned about fitment. There should be absolutely no issue with fitment, or engine lights, or anything else.

To release a product that doesn’t fit properly or needs lots of extra fiddling is a worry.

Let me know when these issues are sorted and maybe I’ll be interested.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here is a pic of the Carbon diffusers:

Not really my thing, I thought I was buying a carbon diffuser and not screw on covers.

Not Aeries fault.

View attachment 40385
Yeah, I wish it were a diffuser replacement instead of extended slip over fins as well. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes , the new batch of titanium exhaust system de-cat down pipes will be fit OEM y-pipe .
Will those of us with your previous batch exhaust be able to mate up correctly to the titanium Y pipe when it comes out?

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm also concerned about fitment. There should be absolutely no issue with fitment, or engine lights, or anything else.

To release a product that doesn’t fit properly or needs lots of extra fiddling is a worry.
Agreed, this is really bad tbf... I won't ever buy 3rd party parts that are not direct replacements in their own right... Smacks of poor design and even worse QC.

OP
B

beardp

Reaction score
Reader came today and so did the "Reduced Acceleration Mode".
Note the CEL below and the redline at 4krpm

Reader reports:

1 Confirmed Trouble Code P1081 No description available
1 Pending Trouble Code P1081 No description available
1 Permanent Trouble Code P1081 No description available

Clearing resets the Confirmed and Pending codes CEL and restores the redline.

Anyone know what "P1081" is? It could be a CO2 sensor or stuck valve servo (sometimes they need recalibrating).

Anyway, this is quickly becoming a PITA. When the car randomly throws this CEL you're stuck in low accel mode until you clear it.

1712269411462.png

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I feel for you. This does not make me happy.

OP
B

beardp

Reaction score
If we can find out what P1081 code is we can probably solve this.

OP
B

beardp

Reaction score
Google thinks is the Oxygen sensor (see below).

So, probably needs recalibrating for the Aerie exhaust.

The Ox sensors (2) are mounted on the Y-pipes. the Aerie exhaust has a 3rd cat bypass, so much less back pressure.

Unfortunately I can't just put pieces back since the Aerie setup is not compatible with the stock exhaust parts.

1712277769197.png

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Could the oxygen sensors or harness have been damaged during the install?

Is it common for reduced back pressure to cause oxygen sensor faults?

OP
B

beardp

Reaction score

Possible, but unlikely. Good access and I've had some previous experience. I'll restore the OEM muffler when I get some time to see if the CEL issue clears up.

Reduced back pressure is just a guess.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Usually you need to code out the o2 sensor faults when installing catless pipes or use a spacer to move the sensor further out. It doesn't have to do with back pressure.

OP
B

beardp

Reaction score
Usually you need to code out the o2 sensor faults when installing catless pipes or use a spacer to move the sensor further out. It doesn't have to do with back pressure.

I have not altered the cats between the o2 sensors. The third cat (after the Y-pipe) has been deleted but there's no o2 sensor down stream of that.

I would very much like to know more about the spacers. That would be a great fix.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not altered the cats between the o2 sensors. The third cat (after the Y-pipe) has been deleted but there's no o2 sensor down stream of that.

I would very much like to know more about the spacers. That would be a great fix.

Yeah, good point. No sensor in the 3rd cat.. But there's a sensor in the Y Pipe, right? And you're running the Aerie Y Pipe and now throwing a code. So it must be that.

OP
B

beardp

Reaction score
Yeah, good point. No sensor in the 3rd cat.. But there's a sensor in the Y Pipe, right? And you're running the Aerie Y Pipe and now throwing a code. So it must be that.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it could be feasible that the 3rd cat removal may be increasing the O2 flow (less resistance).

Does the spacer lower the O2 flow on the sensor? If so, that's worth a try. How think of a spacer should I try ?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
LOL, @VL3X throwing out old Subaru fixes!

The spacer mod is super simple. Literally just moves the O2 sensor outward so the tip is no longer in the flow. If you do a Google search for "O2 spacer" or "Subaru O2 spacer" a variety will come up. It's literally $5 worth of air tool parts that happen to have the right thread pitch.

NOTE: if Lotus uses the rear O2 for anything other than cat efficiency check, this will make your car run poorly. Most modern cars do a fueling check as well with the rear O2, but I have no idea whether Lotus uses that downstream one for this. So fair warning.