a car 'For the gap', inviting suggestions

Russc

Reaction score
Always had a softspot for those, looks like a great package all round.
Yep, very tempting. Just, like everyone else, a bit fed up with waiting. Going for the I4 FE, Mid July deposit, and won`t know build time until Jan. Then it could be anytime in 2023.

Could pick one of these up whenever and see how i feel when they release a due date. Also need to stop watching 6 Underground, lol.

Might go and have a play with one next week and see how i feel then :)

OP
frazzer

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
had my eye on 2 Mx-5s, but waiting for my covid to clear both have gone! ...lying in wait for the right one to come up

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
had my eye on 2 Mx-5s, but waiting for my covid to clear both have gone! ...lying in wait for the right one to come up
I'd talked myself into that one I posted earlier. Rang up at weekend and just missed it 😒

Mike

Reaction score
I'm expecting to be told it'll be October at the earliest before my Emira arrvies. Not wanting to waste the little sunshine these isles get I'm thinking to get a gap car, something that will not loose value over 6 months (even with pending rate hikes!) and be fun to drive. It'd be a cash purchase, and ideally no more than 50k, and possibly considerably less.

Inviting suggestions! The key criteria is it must be fun, manual box, and hold its value. Totally open to ideas, bonkers to sane and anything between.

Obvious candidates:
- Jag F-Type V6 S
- obvious Cayman options
- 997 of some description, although I wonder if these have topped out
- just some old banger that'll be fun enough, an old Alfa spider or something like that
I'm driving a 2014 Jaguar XKR at the moment as my second car. It still puts a smile on my face every time I put my foot down. Sensible money to buy and resale values holding steady.