• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

1000 miles in, here’s my issues …

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok overheating, aircon, ABS/ESC and tracker issues all resolved.

Aircon, ABS/ESC and overheating turned out to be a water corrosion in the wiring loom junction box u der the bonnet, I have a temp fix by the dealer and awaiting new parts from Lotus.

Scorpion tracker issue was resolved by Scorpion customer service calling me and coding the fob serials to my account and phone app while the engine was running.

Touch wood, all issues now resolved and I’m enjoying the car immensely with nearly 2000 miles on the clock and a 1000 mile West Country road trip planned for mid-July.
Great to hear!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Ok overheating, aircon, ABS/ESC and tracker issues all resolved.

Aircon, ABS/ESC and overheating turned out to be a water corrosion in the wiring loom junction box u der the bonnet, I have a temp fix by the dealer and awaiting new parts from Lotus.

Scorpion tracker issue was resolved by Scorpion customer service calling me and coding the fob serials to my account and phone app while the engine was running.

Touch wood, all issues now resolved and I’m enjoying the car immensely with nearly 2000 miles on the clock and a 1000 mile West Country road trip planned for mid-July.

I re-read the thread and didn't see you discuss how your car was exposed to water. Can you remember any big thunderstorms or car washing you have done?

I remember a year or so ago we had a picture of the chassis with all the wiring and wiring looms in it. Is there a silver lining in the randomness in customer problems in that if water is coming inside and corroding things you could have any number of problems. This is in line with the theory that the battery is the issue. Can Lotus now focus on seals and wire looms?

It sucks but I for one appreciate everyone reporting these problems and hope that somehow their issues are permanently resolved and Lotus is able to up their game.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@shaank doesn’t it sound like the problems you are having ? (from what I can recall your loom was replaced due to corrosion, might be the box itself which spread to the loom or vice versa) Might be worth looking into it.