Zinc Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Saw a new spy shot of a Zinc Grey car posted on Instagram a couple hours ago (below), so I figured I'd kick off a new thread for this colour, just like the other FE colours have. :)

emira-factory-5CC96F78-0F9D-43CE-ABA2-C48685014000.jpeg

1661271673429.png

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
lol... pulled my deposit and went for a nardo rs5 partly because I wasn't happy with the color choices... go figure!

I'll circle back around if they come out with a bit more track focused version maybe.

Zardoz

Reaction score

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I tend to like this type of color on vehicles, and really like it (or similar) on the Evora GT. However, I'm not really liking it at all on the Emira. Perhaps because that particular car desperately needs black wheels and blackpack.

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I tend to like this type of color on vehicles, and really like it (or similar) on the Evora GT. However, I'm not really liking it at all on the Emira. Perhaps because that particular car desperately needs black wheels and blackpack.
agreed, the wheels will make a ton of difference

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Kind of colour I like seeing and respect other people for buying but could not do it myself. It's just so... grey!

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
agreed, the wheels will make a ton of difference
You got me curious as to how much difference it would make, so I dusted off the ol' Photoshop configurator and tried my hand at replicating a Zinc Grey colour. I think black wheels is definitely an improvement here. 👍

zinc-grey-ps.jpg

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You got me curious as to how much difference it would make, so I dusted off the ol' Photoshop configurator and tried my hand at replicating a Zinc Grey colour. I think black wheels is definitely an improvement here. 👍

View attachment 8234
any chance you can do one with black pack?

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Don't like this colour on the Emira. Makes it look cheap. On an Audi station like RS4 it looks cool...but I believe Emira is soooo much more design wise that it deserves a more 'high end finish' vs the primer-look of Nardo Grey ;-)

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Kind of a sad color, I think one might get bored after a bit. But good to see on the street for variety.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This color does not look good at all on this car. I'm looking at the Chalk 911 in the background and thinking that would be a lot better.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Damn, I never realized just how unpopular this colour was!! 😆 And I can't even use the word "polarizing", because I count maybe one positive comment in this whole thread... Haha

Throwing in my 2¢, hmmm... Yeah, I think I'd actually prefer a colour like Porsche's "Chalk Grey" over Lotus' Zinc Grey. The former is much warmer, and I've always loved how surprisingly-sporty it looks on 911s:

1661288478136.png

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
agreed, the other nardo/chalk greys look better, but in fairness I don't know that i trust many of the emira photos at this point. even the few above, one from the front looks warmer to me by quite a bit.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve never understood why anyone would purposefully paint their car in undercoat. I’m assuming anyone who does just isn’t a handyperson.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Damn, I never realized just how unpopular this colour was!! 😆 And I can't even use the word "polarizing", because I count maybe one positive comment in this whole thread... Haha

Throwing in my 2¢, hmmm... Yeah, I think I'd actually prefer a colour like Porsche's "Chalk Grey" over Lotus' Zinc Grey. The former is much warmer, and I've always loved how surprisingly-sporty it looks on 911s:

View attachment 8241
Now I would take this 911 in a heartbeat in that color scheme, very different!

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've been a fan of this shade of gray on cars since Nardo launched, but I believe it's been played out at this point. 5 years ago, it was truly unique... Now you can buy a Honda Civic in this color.