Zinc or Osmium? Black or silver wheels?

RyanGphoto

Reaction score
I'm so torn here as I get to configure my car Monday. Just wondering what you guys think. I've only seen the zinc in person (with black rims) I've not seen osmium in person and the osmium I have seen online doesn't have the black rims or the silver ones I would want.

The zinc from today was super sweet, but I like metallic paint. Anyone have a picture of a zinc car with silver rims or a osmium car with black rims? With the black pack

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm so torn here as I get to configure my car Monday. Just wondering what you guys think. I've only seen the zinc in person (with black rims) I've not seen osmium in person and the osmium I have seen online doesn't have the black rims or the silver ones I would want.

The zinc from today was super sweet, but I like metallic paint. Anyone have a picture of a zinc car with silver rims or a osmium car with black rims? With the black pack
Do you have pictures of the zinc you saw today?

OP
RyanGphoto

RyanGphoto

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20240106_122826.jpg
    20240106_122826.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 20240106_122320.jpg
    20240106_122320.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 20240106_122237.jpg
    20240106_122237.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 231

Pixelated816

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Out of the two, I would pick Osmium Silver. And just like the Nimbus Grey, diamond-cut wheels match perfectly with those two. But you can't go wrong with black wheels, black wheels looks good on any car. I would also go for the black pack and yellow, silver or black brake calipers. I did try finding more pics of Osmium, but these are the only ones I can find.

Emira Osmium Silver.jpg

c895ab9efce3822d095bc5ad20d75732.jpeg

IMG_8631.jpeg

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Out of the two, I would pick Osmium Silver. And just like the Nimbus Grey, diamond-cut wheels match perfectly with those two. But you can't go wrong with black wheels, black wheels looks good on any car. I would also go for the black pack and yellow, silver or black brake calipers. I did try finding more pics of Osmium, but these are the only ones I can find.

View attachment 35381
View attachment 35383
View attachment 35384

Isn’t it funny how different peoples opinions can be?

I absolutely despise black wheels, on any car.

Silver wheels would look superb with that colour. The diamond cut also look good.
Never black.

That said, each to their own of course. It’s your money. Do what you like. 👍

Bimmernate

Reaction score
Really not a fan of zinc, prob the only color I really don’t like on the emira. Looks like paint primer and pretty bland. Color is completely subjective though so just got to get what you like. My opinion after going back and forth forever, not that it really matters, is that nimbus is the best “grey” due to dynamic contrast followed by osmium. Shadow grey (along with other dark colors verdant and meridian) are just too dark, even in person, and appear basically black (which hides all the beautiful lines on the emira).

OP
RyanGphoto

RyanGphoto

Reaction score
Isn’t it funny how different peoples opinions can be?

I absolutely despise black wheels, on any car.

Silver wheels would look superb with that colour. The diamond cut also look good.
Never black.

That said, each to their own of course. It’s your money. Do what you like. 👍
I used to hate black wheels on any car....but that zinc made me rethink it. I'm person with the full black pack they look awesome. But I've always loved silver and silver wheels. 8 out of 9 people think the black wheels with black full pack look the best. Yes it's my car... But I love others opinions

OP
RyanGphoto

RyanGphoto

Reaction score
Really not a fan of zinc, prob the only color I really don’t like on the emira. Looks like paint primer and pretty bland. Color is completely subjective though so just got to get what you like. My opinion after going back and forth forever, not that it really matters, is that nimbus is the best “grey” due to dynamic contrast followed by osmium. Shadow grey (along with other dark colors verdant and meridian) are just too dark, even in person, and appear basically black (which hides all the beautiful lines on the emira).
I agree all the dark colors are way too dark and look black in evening and night and they look way too dark even on a cloudy day (which is when I saw them all). Shadow and verdant both looked black basically. I wish the shadow looked more like the configurator, but it doesn't at all.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree all the dark colors are way too dark and look black in evening and night and they look way too dark even on a cloudy day (which is when I saw them all). Shadow and verdant both looked black basically. I wish the shadow looked more like the configurator, but it doesn't at all.
Shadow Grey definitely does look like the configurator in real life, just not in the UK. :ROFLMAO:

I love its marine blue and cyan flecks shining through in the sunshine.

As for Zinc vs Osmium, I'd say 100% osmium for me.

OP
RyanGphoto

RyanGphoto

Reaction score
That is a really nice colour.
That with silver wheels would look superb, IMO.
Thanks for the Pic. I appreciate it. I would love to see a car with Osmium and the spoke wheels. I'm not a huge fan of the diamond ones personally.

Bimmernate

Reaction score
Thanks for the Pic. I appreciate it. I would love to see a car with Osmium and the spoke wheels. I'm not a huge fan of the diamond ones personally.
thought i was the only one. Also not a fan of the diamond cut- the silver-black-silver-black pattern around the circumference gives an odd visual at the right angles. Could also be just how narrow the silver part of the spokes are too. I think osmium will take both silver and black wheels well. If doing black pack i say do black wheels.

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I used to hate black wheels on any car....but that zinc made me rethink it. I'm person with the full black pack they look awesome. But I've always loved silver and silver wheels. 8 out of 9 people think the black wheels with black full pack look the best. Yes it's my car... But I love others opinions
Personal opinion rules, but time to give black wheels some respect. Was there some law requiring wheels to only be silver? How about Dark car/light wheels..... Light car/dark wheels? See Caterham.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240108-131741_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240108-131741_Google.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 83
OP
RyanGphoto

RyanGphoto

Reaction score
So I did this little mock up. I think I'm going silver wheels yellow calipers. I did mock up black wheels as well but still think silver.

Attachments

• Osmium with Silver Wheels  and Yellow Calipers-01.jpeg
    Osmium with Silver Wheels and Yellow Calipers-01.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Osmium with Black Wheels  and Yellow Calipers-01.jpeg
    Osmium with Black Wheels and Yellow Calipers-01.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 107