Yellow triangle on dash and SOS warning message

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My car has only done 150ks(90miles) and today the small yellow triangle showed up with a message about the SOS Panic Police button,any ideas how to fix greatly appreciated

nimbusblack

Reaction score
i think the first thing that is done is the battery is disconnected for at least 10 minutes to 'reset' the car. The battery is in the rear trunk under the carpeted cover and is relatively easy to access if you remove the bracket holding the battery at the base to allow you to slide the battery out a bit.

i have a fuel guage issue in my car and this was the first thing done and they said this is where they all start with the troubleshooting for electrical gremlins. Didnt fix my issue though unfortunately.

OP
P

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i think the first thing that is done is the battery is disconnected for at least 10 minutes to 'reset' the car. The battery is in the rear trunk under the carpeted cover and is relatively easy to access if you remove the bracket holding the battery at the base to allow you to slide the battery out a bit.

i have a fuel guage issue in my car and this was the first thing done and they said this is where they all start with the troubleshooting for electrical gremlins. Didnt fix my issue though unfortunately.
Thankyou hadn't thought of that,I'll give it a go.Cheers

OP
P

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As far as I know, the SOS system has its own tiny battery. This battery can only be charged while the engine is running and drops a fault if the charge is low, so the fix should be to just drive the car ;)
I did drive it for 10miles,will take a longer run tomorrow. Thanks🤞

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you’re using an underground car park or driving in an area with poor mobile coverage then the SOS system can give a warning that the system is unavailable.

It should clear once you’re in signal range but there have been reports of this taking a long time.

OP
P

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you’re using an underground car park or driving in an area with poor mobile coverage then the SOS system can give a warning that the system is unavailable.

It should clear once you’re in signal range but there have been reports of this taking a long time.
OK, interesting. Thanks

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As far as I know, the SOS system has its own tiny battery. This battery can only be charged while the engine is running and drops a fault if the charge is low, so the fix should be to just drive the car ;)
Can the issue be mitigated by hooking up a battery tender to the car’s battery?

nimbusblack

Reaction score
mine has now done this as well, full message i get is.

"contact the service centre for regular checkup of the SOS call service system"

OP
P

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have had the car locked for 3 hours and also called emergency services 111 (999)told them I had made a mistake,and now it seems to have fixed itself,don't know if it was locking it or calling the services....will keep you posted after a drive tomorrow.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know where the SOS battery is located? Is it behind the overhead panel hosting the SOS button and cabin lights?

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had the SOS issue too. The fix from the dealership is to go and drive the car to charge up the backup battery. It definitely works. The SOS is intermittent. But after a short drive sometimes it switches off. So go for longer drive or drive it everyday until it does switch off 😆. Also you may press the SOS to see if it actually works and then disconnect before they answer.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think this whole SOS battery thing is strange, mine came on this week for the first time after driving it more than I ever have done before in the prior week! The car was sat over winter for up to 5 weeks at a time without moving and no warning, and now after doing a trip of over 500 miles over a weekend and regular journeys all over 20 mins the next week, the warning appears at the weekend! Very strange...

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
mine has now done this as well, full message i get is.

"contact the service centre for regular checkup of the SOS call service system"
No need for a dealer. Just drive the car ;) The cars generator can load the battery.