• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Ppf full body

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone have some photos of the seams or fit of their PPF?

For example, the Xpel I did was done off of templates, so there was a cut out around the rear LOTUS letters. One the one hand, it would have been nice if the film was fit closer to the letters. The same thing goes for other trim panels.

On the other hand, I really don’t think I want anyone popping trim panels or anything else off of my brand new car. Nothing ever goes back exactly right, and unless something is retained by a screw or a bolt, it never seems to go back as tight or flush as from the factory.
My installer opted to use PPF for the bumper up to the transition line below the letters and use Revivify for the upper part to avoid the whole letter issue (either take them off, cut around them, etc. but those can all be messy). To me it seems like a good trade-off as I certainly wouldn't have wanted PPF seams around all the letters.

What is Revivify? Look here:

TDLR: It's kind of like Ceramic on steroids. It claims to be self-healing similar to PPF and lasts a couple years. Easy to re-apply as well. Obviously not going to protect against rock chips like PPF but on the upper part of the back bumper I think that's a total non-issue.

OP
Tobiasz17azs

Tobiasz17azs

Reaction score
Does anyone have some photos of the seams or fit of their PPF?

For example, the Xpel I did was done off of templates, so there was a cut out around the rear LOTUS letters. One the one hand, it would have been nice if the film was fit closer to the letters. The same thing goes for other trim panels.

On the other hand, I really don’t think I want anyone popping trim panels or anything else off of my brand new car. Nothing ever goes back exactly right, and unless something is retained by a screw or a bolt, it never seems to go back as tight or flush as from the factory.
The good installer will take the letters off put film and install the letter back where they should be . You don’t want pre cut film around letters . Dirt will be there in next month and look not going to be clean

Xroyalnavy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My installer opted to use PPF for the bumper up to the transition line below the letters and use Revivify for the upper part to avoid the whole letter issue (either take them off, cut around them, etc. but those can all be messy). To me it seems like a good trade-off as I certainly wouldn't have wanted PPF seams around all the letters.

What is Revivify? Look here:

TDLR: It's kind of like Ceramic on steroids. It claims to be self-healing similar to PPF and lasts a couple years. Easy to re-apply as well. Obviously not going to protect against rock chips like PPF but on the upper part of the back bumper I think that's a total non-issue.
My car in process of getting full ppf at Lotus Cape Fear.

Attachments

• unnamed-91ac6c91-0977-494d-9688-6e9978a5a7b5.jpeg
    unnamed-91ac6c91-0977-494d-9688-6e9978a5a7b5.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 69
  • unnamed-7f64ad8c-53d0-45a1-8544-a474fee1fe43.jpeg
    unnamed-7f64ad8c-53d0-45a1-8544-a474fee1fe43.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This video covers a lot of the choices that installers have - how crazy do you want them to get? Might help some folks have a more productive conversation with prospective installers before making a decision.

Status Detail - 992 with STEK

Trips&pics72

Reaction score
Seems fair!

Are there any unrestricted highways in France? No speed limit?
130 Km/h maximum on French highways (+ 40 with me but always with Waze radars app on me 😇)
Leaving very closed to German no limit highways also... 267 km/h twice with my Alpine A110 S... Next step is now with the Emira...

hellasf1

Reaction score
Very happy with the NanoFusion full body PPF installation by Steve Costa himself offered through Lotus Cape Fear. They did it right in my garage (took about 2 full days) and the result seems remarkable.

During the installation, Steve spent hours explaining to me the history of PPF, the advantages of the film, and did some cool demos for me. His technician, Juan Carlos, was a master artist with the few pieces they had to do by hand where the pattern wasn't a perfect fit.

I had never heard of NanoFusion before because it's typically only been applied via OEMs and they don't focus on the retail market. Steve and his team have quietly been doing all of the Lotus OEM PPF jobs since 2005 at the ports. The best part--it carries a 10 year warranty and Steve & team will come fix any issues with it should they arise during that time.

There were lots of other good options around Raleigh but the cost was at least $2K more than what I paid and offered nothing more than a 30 day installation warranty. After that, I'd have to go through the manufacturer with the product warranty. I preferred this path. I'll update later once it's had a few months to perform and report back. So far, so good.

View attachment 40736
View attachment 40734
View attachment 40728
View attachment 40730

View attachment 40731
View attachment 40732
View attachment 40733
Did the revivify dry in white then they wiped it off?

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not all ppf's are the same, so you really need to look into the shop. I was quoted from 5k to 10k for a full body ppf.

OP
Tobiasz17azs

Tobiasz17azs

Reaction score
Very happy with the NanoFusion full body PPF installation by Steve Costa himself offered through Lotus Cape Fear. They did it right in my garage (took about 2 full days) and the result seems remarkable.

During the installation, Steve spent hours explaining to me the history of PPF, the advantages of the film, and did some cool demos for me. His technician, Juan Carlos, was a master artist with the few pieces they had to do by hand where the pattern wasn't a perfect fit.

I had never heard of NanoFusion before because it's typically only been applied via OEMs and they don't focus on the retail market. Steve and his team have quietly been doing all of the Lotus OEM PPF jobs since 2005 at the ports. The best part--it carries a 10 year warranty and Steve & team will come fix any issues with it should they arise during that time.

There were lots of other good options around Raleigh but the cost was at least $2K more than what I paid and offered nothing more than a 30 day installation warranty. After that, I'd have to go through the manufacturer with the product warranty. I preferred this path. I'll update later once it's had a few months to perform and report back. So far, so good.

View attachment 40736
View attachment 40734
View attachment 40728
View attachment 40730

View attachment 40731
View attachment 40732
View attachment 40733

Would you share some pics how they did the back quarter panels . Close up pics to the black vents

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
$6500 full PPF
Same this is what I expect to pay for xpel full car in NY.
I think I’ll pay a little extra to have the roof and side pillars in black ppf to maintain that depth of colour.