• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Yellow triangle on dash and SOS warning message

nimbusblack

Reaction score
seems to happen consistently at my home address, if i drive the car for 15 mins stop and start again it doenst reappear BUT will reappear the next morning at home, has done this consistently. im not bothered.

OP
P

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
seems to happen consistently at my home address, if i drive the car for 15 mins stop and start again it doenst reappear BUT will reappear the next morning at home, has done this consistently. im not bothered.
I think you need to take it on a longer trip than 15mins to charge the SOS separate battery.
I took mine on a 2hr drive and no issues since.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think you need to take it on a longer trip than 15mins to charge the SOS separate battery.
I took mine on a 2hr drive and no issues since.
Maybe we need to fully charge the thing at pickup, like when we get a new phone. Possibly the battery has only a minimal charge by the time we get it? I’m down for a day 1 road trip- if I ever get the damn car.

Wonder if other electrical issues may be the the result of not giving the thing a full charge at receipt.

OP
P

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Maybe we need to fully charge the thing at pickup, like when we get a new phone. Possibly the battery has only a minimal charge by the time we get it? I’m down for a day 1 road trip- if I ever get the damn car.

Wonder if other electrical issues may be the the result of not giving the thing a full charge at receipt.
My car had been on a ship for 8 weeks UK-NZ so its understandable,but it shouldn't be happening to cars delivered on the home market.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My car had been on a ship for 8 weeks UK-NZ so its understandable,but it shouldn't be happening to cars delivered on the home market.
Why not? Who charges it in Hethel? Is it charged when they get it from the vendor?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Are you in an area with patchy mobile phone coverage, which varies depending on which network provider you use? Or is the car stored overnight in a garage that has a steel frame?

OP
P

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Are you in an area with patchy mobile phone coverage, which varies depending on which network provider you use? Or is the car stored overnight in a garage that has a steel frame?
No none of the above.
Since driving it for 2 hrs
the battery must be charged because the issue seems to have fixed itself.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this since having software updates?

Had the car 2 months now, never had any error messages come up before. Took it to the dealer last week for some recalls, they did that and updated software on 4 different systems at the same time.

Since then, I've had the SOS message every time bar picking it up from them, and one time when I had park assist unavailable instead.

Could maybe be related to the software update? Or I guess just that it just has hit the low end of the battery coincidentally in that time.

Have had plenty of 30-40 minute trips in the car over the last week so would have thought it would be ok

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had the SOS yellow triangle and message to test SOS call every so often 2 days ago. Made the call via the button, cancelled with operator, light stayed on could not see where to clear. After a couple of small runs/starts has now gone!

Roland

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this since having software updates?

Had the car 2 months now, never had any error messages come up before. Took it to the dealer last week for some recalls, they did that and updated software on 4 different systems at the same time.

Since then, I've had the SOS message every time bar picking it up from them, and one time when I had park assist unavailable instead.

Could maybe be related to the software update? Or I guess just that it just has hit the low end of the battery coincidentally in that time.

Have had plenty of 30-40 minute trips in the car over the last week so would have thought it would be ok
I believe from other threads it’s related to the separate battery for the security system. It needs to charge on its own and find a signal if you have that. Advice I’ve seen is to take your mechanical work of art for a nice drive. Couple of hours should do it.

OP
P

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I believe from other threads it’s related to the separate battery for the security system. It needs to charge on its own and find a signal if you have that. Advice I’ve seen is to take your mechanical work of art for a nice drive. Couple of hours should do it.
Yes I think you are right,when I first got the car the triangle would always show up and disappear after a long drive.
Now 2000ks and never comes on,the seperate security battery takes a while to charge fully.

Biggles of Norwich

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Emira has just been in to have the HVAC resistor issue fixed. They also did 2 software updates while it was in. Since then I've had this warning appear every time I've started it, apart from when I drove it home from the dealers. I think the main battery may have been disconnected for up to 24hrs, but it is always on maintenance charge at home so the SOS battery shouldn't have been low. Maybe 24 hrs is long enough to deplete the SOS battery?

OP
P

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Emira has just been in to have the HVAC resistor issue fixed. They also did 2 software updates while it was in. Since then I've had this warning appear every time I've started it, apart from when I drove it home from the dealers. I think the main battery may have been disconnected for up to 24hrs, but it is always on maintenance charge at home so the SOS battery shouldn't have been low. Maybe 24 hrs is long enough to deplete the SOS battery?
When I 1st got my car the triangle came on (it had been on a ship for a couple of months) took several weeks to charge the secondary battery on trickle charge and now 8 months on I've never seen the triangle again.
I'm sure if you persevere it will correct its self.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just had car 2 days now. This happens when I start car for time in morning. But does clear itself after driving for a few minutes