Yellow Emira at Eletre launch

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wondering if i should give more serious consideration to yellow after seeing these pics. What color leather do you think would go though??
Black goes well, grey too. Tan works but is a less common choice. Red is bold and a bit controversial (sometimes referred to as the "MacDonalds" colour scheme).

The alcantara suits it well, and I'd suggest pick the stitching colour to match the calipers - this was a design tip from Russell Carr about using one contrast colour for all the accents. Don't get yellow for either stitch or caliper, as the yellows are all slightly different.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Black goes well, grey too. Tan works but is a less common choice. Red is bold and a bit controversial (sometimes referred to as the "MacDonalds" colour scheme).

The alcantara suits it well, and I'd suggest pick the stitching colour to match the calipers - this was a design tip from Russell Carr about using one contrast colour for all the accents. Don't get yellow for either stitch or caliper, as the yellows are all slightly different.
Having seen the Hethel Yellow paint sample up against a yellow brake caliper (on the Seneca Blue show car), I would agree with this (posted a photograph on here sometime ago). Hence the reason I have gone for Red brake calipers and the alcantara interior with red stitching. Will be getting B&C to do the TDC marker on the steering wheel to match the red stitching.

Last edited:

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I will be Yellow (no black pack) and black calipers - Unless someone can tell me differently who have seen the alcantara's , I think the alcantara with yellow stitch will be fine as its quite subtle and won't clash

I have yellow stitch in my exige (which is saffron and very close to Hethel) which is not the same yellow as the stitch and I have never thought it clashes - bit maybe I am not a designer type :)

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I will be Yellow (no black pack) and black calipers - Unless someone can tell me differently who have seen the alcantara's , I think the alcantara with yellow stitch will be fine as its quite subtle and won't clash

I have yellow stitch in my exige (which is saffron and very close to Hethel) which is not the same yellow as the stitch and I have never thought it clashes - bit maybe I am not a designer type :)
It will be fine! They don't have to match. I have a red (classic) mini with red stitch leather interior and it's slightly darker but it's completely irrelevant to the overall sensory overload of a car with so many textures and finishes competing for visual attention. Similarly I've never compared the red stitch inside my Yaris to the red calipers outside. All personal preference at the end of the day but I think a single colour palette even with subtle differences in hue (I am yellow calipers as well) is a strong minimalist look. Red clashes with yellow in my opinion (the McDonalds conundrum) but designers always have differences of opinion. Choose what you like and dnjoy your choice!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
It will be fine! They don't have to match. I have a red (classic) mini with red stitch leather interior and it's slightly darker but it's completely irrelevant to the overall sensory overload of a car with so many textures and finishes competing for visual attention. Similarly I've never compared the red stitch inside my Yaris to the red calipers outside. All personal preference at the end of the day but I think a single colour palette even with subtle differences in hue (I am yellow calipers as well) is a strong minimalist look. Red clashes with yellow in my opinion (the McDonalds conundrum) but designers always have differences of opinion. Choose what you like and dnjoy your choice!
I agree. You could go for the stitching and calipers in yellow and eventually just paint the calipers if they do bother you.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Behind the scenes footage of the Emira (and other historic Lotus cars) arriving at the Eletre reveal:

Thanks it was nearly the best part of the show.
Wondered about the Evora?

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Courtesy of "TFJJ" on Instagram.

Most interesting thing...black pack with silver tailpipes!
Screenshot_20220329-222211.jpg

I watched the Eletre reveal and was pleased to see the Hethel Yellow on show, the outside spec was what I was planning to Order on the 8th.
However, I'm not sure on the wheels now, it all looks so different in my eyes to the configurator, not sure why. Does the above car not have Privacy glass, is that the difference?
Capture1.JPG

I'm not so keen on the wheels now either and might go full black
Capture2.JPG

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No privacy glass on the Emira at the Eletre reveal. In the side profile picture you can see through the three quarter pane behind the door right through and out the other side to the wall behind. On the rear angle picture you can clearly see the engine.

I'm really happy with how the diamond cut wheels look on a finished car. But they won't be to everyone's tastes and the black or silver work well too. I think for coherence I wouldn't do black pack with silver wheels, but either wheel with no black pack.

Reactions: AGP

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No privacy glass on the Emira at the Eletre reveal. In the side profile picture you can see through the three quarter pane behind the door right through and out the other side to the wall behind. On the rear angle picture you can clearly see the engine.

I'm really happy with how the diamond cut wheels look on a finished car. But they won't be to everyone's tastes and the black or silver work well too. I think for coherence I wouldn't do black pack with silver wheels, but either wheel with no black pack.
Thanks tom, that was my though too regarding the privacy glass, I know it's only a small window but I think it makes a difference. I started off wanting the black wheels, then changed my mind to the diamond cut on the configurator. The latest photos of a real car have complicated things further:). Glad to know that everyone that has seen the Hethel Yellow has been impressed so far.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Ive had a good look at the yellow car now with and without the black pack.

For me the black pack is a must for the yellow Emira, it looks awesome.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ive had a good look at the yellow car now with and without the black pack.

For me the black pack is a must for the yellow Emira, it looks awesome.
I agree, it's the one thing that I haven't waivered on from the start. Can't wait for the lucky guys to be getting their cars in June so that we can see some more realistic photos in different lighting situations

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I agree, it's the one thing that I haven't waivered on from the start. Can't wait for the lucky guys to be getting their cars in June so that we can see some more realistic photos in different lighting situations
On the contrary I can't stand that black pack against the yellow so I've opted for full yellow....but then I've also gone for the McDonald's look with red seats,so let's say I have unique taste 🤣

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
On the contrary I can't stand that black pack against the yellow so I've opted for full yellow....but then I've also gone for the McDonald's look with red seats ,so let's say I have unique taste 🤣
It's personal taste obviously, no right/no wrong, I'm also going for, as someone noted previously - Dog Dick red interior :p that is lambasted by Lotus. I have never classed myself as having good taste thou :LOL:

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's personal taste obviously, no right/no wrong, I'm also going for, as someone noted previously - Dog Dick red interior :p that is lambasted by Lotus. I have never classed myself as having good taste thou :LOL:
Thanks @AGP , Dog Dick is all I'll think of when I'm sitting in the car now...

Ruined.

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was speaking on looks front, I own a 458 and looks aside it has a power train from the gods with a 9000rpm 4.5l screaming V8 mated to a short ratio DCT gearbox and also weighing around 1500kg it is ballistic but also great fun at legal speeds the 488 and F8 that came afterwards were even quicker but somewhat numb on the road and boring at legal speeds.

The Emira is a really good looking sharp car that won’t look out of place in a line of other supercars.

It may not have supercar performance but it has got hydraulic steering, good sound and a manual gearbox.
I beg to differ. I bought my Ferrari last year,
and could have had anything I wanted - I chose the 488 Spider. It is utterly exhilarating at road speeds - the massive low-down torque is intoxicating, and the steering feel, ride and body control are significantly better than the 458 (particularly the Spider). I also think it looks absolutely fantastic - better than the F8 and Pista which are too fussy - 458 is also gorgeous. You can argue that the 458 sounds better, being NA and revving higher, but the 488 also sounds wonderful.

Mine is not a garage queen. I doubled its mileage last year, and had it on the track at Silverstone and Snetterton.

In short, I love absolutely everything about it (including the 230 litre front boot - bigger than a Porsche - perfect for weekends away with the missus) and it puts an insane grin on my face every time I get behind the wheel - or even just go look at it.

That is, what an exotic car should do, and I really hope everyone who's still in will get that from their Emira.