Yellow Emira at Eletre launch

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Good news then!
I'm so tired of waiting for the day I'll finally see a production car on the streets... I think I'll throw a party that night! :)

I think the guys at Lotus are also waiting for that day to see their creation driving around the roads and been shown off.

Let’s face it we would all love to see more Ferrari, Exiges and other exotica on the roads but most live as garage queens so let’s make sure all us Emira drivers get out in our cars and show them off.

I’ve got a yellow 458 and the yellow Emira I got to see was easily as good looking with just as much road presence and in person the cars proportions are spot on.

It makes a Ferrari 488 look bad and is up there with 458 and F8 looks wise plus you can have a manual, the V6 sounds better than any turbocharged Ferrari and it cost 1/3 of the price, plus it’s got better steering too. I’m a Ferrari owner but happy to say Lotus have done a better job in many areas compared to modern Ferraris.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think the guys at Lotus are also waiting for that day to see their creation driving around the roads and been shown off.

Let’s face it we would all love to see more Ferrari, Exiges and other exotica on the roads but most live as garage queens so let’s make sure all us Emira drivers get out in our cars and show them off.

I’ve got a yellow 458 and the yellow Emira I got to see was easily as good looking with just as much road presence and in person the cars proportions are spot on.

It makes a Ferrari 488 look bad and is up there with 458 and F8 looks wise plus you can have a manual, the V6 sounds better than any turbocharged Ferrari and it cost 1/3 of the price, plus it’s got better steering too. I’m a Ferrari owner but happy to say Lotus have done a better job in many areas compared to modern Ferraris.
This is great to hear,coming from an actual ferrari owner

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is the close door sound improve it or sounds better than in any review on YouTube withe the prototype or exhibition models?

Does lotus take care for that ?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You’d need to show me this photo but the factory has mainly magma red cars but there is also a vivid red in factory too which is a brighter solid red.
Cross-posting photo from Emira production is underway thread, since this is one of the better pictures we have seen of the "real" Magma Red. Looks pretty sharp to me! I also like how it really brightens up in the light (second photo).

View attachment 3819

View attachment 3820

This one everyone saying both these photos are magma I think the one next to window is the vivid red car

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Interesting. I don’t think I know many people that would take an Emira over a 458 or even consider them comparable, I certainly wouldn’t.

From what I’m hearing the production cars won’t sound as good as the grey prototype or the Evora. We‘ll find out soon enough.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Looks fabulous! (y)

Going for power black pack, but do like the LOTUS badge in black, which is as I had planned on doing along with the tailpipe covers, but I think I will leave that as-is. Can't wait...but the wait will be long! :(

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Interesting. I don’t think I know many people that would take an Emira over a 458 or even consider them comparable, I certainly wouldn’t.

From what I’m hearing the production cars won’t sound as good as the grey prototype or the Evora. We‘ll find out soon enough.

I was speaking on looks front, I own a 458 and looks aside it has a power train from the gods with a 9000rpm 4.5l screaming V8 mated to a short ratio DCT gearbox and also weighing around 1500kg it is ballistic but also great fun at legal speeds the 488 and F8 that came afterwards were even quicker but somewhat numb on the road and boring at legal speeds.

The Emira is a really good looking sharp car that won’t look out of place in a line of other supercars.

It may not have supercar performance but it has got hydraulic steering, good sound and a manual gearbox.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Cross-posting photo from Emira production is underway thread, since this is one of the better pictures we have seen of the "real" Magma Red. Looks pretty sharp to me! I also like how it really brightens up in the light (second photo).

View attachment 3819

View attachment 3820

This one everyone saying both these photos are magma I think the one next to window is the vivid red car

Those are both magma, vivid red is a solid colour and always bright.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree, both those cars are Magma. Bear in mind they’re screen grabs from a video then zoomed in, so you’re not getting the best impression of the colour.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It was originally assumed the production Emira would need a particulate filter, unlike the grey prototype. But Lotus have managed to meet emissions and noise regulations with no filter. So the production V6 has 3 cats and no filter, same as the grey car and the Evora. It should sound very similar. Plus the exhaust valve on the Emira is variable (simple on/off for the Evora) and opens at lower rpm.

I’ve heard validation cars with production exhausts going round Hethel. They sound great.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It was originally assumed the production Emira would need a particulate filter, unlike the grey prototype. But Lotus have managed to meet emissions and noise regulations with no filter. So the production V6 has 3 cats and no filter, same as the grey car and the Evora. It should sound very similar. Plus the exhaust valve on the Emira is variable (simple on/off for the Evora) and opens at lower rpm.

I’ve heard validation cars with production exhausts going round Hethel. They sound great.
Really hope this is the case, thanks.

Does make you wonder why other manufactures don’t do the same.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was speaking on looks front, I own a 458 and looks aside it has a power train from the gods with a 9000rpm 4.5l screaming V8 mated to a short ratio DCT gearbox and also weighing around 1500kg it is ballistic but also great fun at legal speeds the 488 and F8 that came afterwards were even quicker but somewhat numb on the road and boring at legal speeds.

The Emira is a really good looking sharp car that won’t look out of place in a line of other supercars.

It may not have supercar performance but it has got hydraulic steering, good sound and a manual gearbox.
Gotcha, now I’m with you. I’m actually in the market for an F12 now.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Gotcha, now I’m with you. I’m actually in the market for an F12 now.

F12 is a great choice, very entertaining at all speeds and again has an engine and drivetrain from the gods. Shooting up in value though now whereas 812 are still coming down a little and is also an absolutely outrageous car to drive.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Courtesy of "TFJJ" on Instagram.

Most interesting thing...black pack with silver tailpipes!

View attachment 4198

View attachment 4197

View attachment 4196

Courtesy of "TFJJ" on Instagram.

Most interesting thing...black pack with silver tailpipes!

View attachment 4198

View attachment 4197

View attachment 4196
Wondering if i should give more serious consideration to yellow after seeing these pics. What color leather do you think would go though??

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wondering if i should give more serious consideration to yellow after seeing these pics. What color leather do you think would go though??
I’m 90% sure on yellow & tan leather thanks to @Eagle7 renders & a touch of exotic, retro inspiration. Hoping that I can be 100% certain after my Hethel factory tour in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 3F19D944-9017-4E6A-9C37-F4A3E87BCC2D.jpeg
    3F19D944-9017-4E6A-9C37-F4A3E87BCC2D.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 624E7303-FF21-4C71-866A-4F7C4DC86FAC.jpeg
    624E7303-FF21-4C71-866A-4F7C4DC86FAC.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 91
  • F5FDD972-833B-42D7-961C-3788E790B5AD.jpeg
    F5FDD972-833B-42D7-961C-3788E790B5AD.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 96105EF3-3E92-496F-A63A-70D7B830EE71.jpeg
    96105EF3-3E92-496F-A63A-70D7B830EE71.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 96

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really hope this is the case, thanks.

Does make you wonder why other manufactures don’t do the same.
Other manufacturers simply can't do that. The gas particulate filter is a must for every new car in the EU. With one exception of course: If you only produce less than 10.000 cars a year, you don't require one. That's why Lotus doesn't need one in the Emira this year. And this is also why the 2023 Emiras will definitely have a particulate filter thanks to the Eletre which will push the number of produced cars above 10.000 a year (presumably, which is enough to make the law apply).

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Other manufacturers simply can't do that. The gas particulate filter is a must for every new car in the EU. With one exception of course: If you only produce less than 10.000 cars a year, you don't require one. That's why Lotus doesn't need one in the Emira this year. And this is also why the 2023 Emiras will definitely have a particulate filter thanks to the Eletre which will push the number of produced cars above 10.000 a year (presumably, which is enough to make the law apply).
That makes sense. Of course the UK isn't in the EU but I'm sure we would have carried that law across

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Makes sense, thanks. I’m happy if it sounds as good as the Evora. Might even be naughty and remove the 3rd set of cats.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, that may be one reason, the other is that this Toyota V6 still doesn‘t use DI technique, direct injection is responsible for those emission particles which need to be avoided, like fine dust (particulate matter) and NOx.