• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira production is underway

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
My guess would be a missing soft top. The supplier had several Covid-related deaths and shut down for a period, so has a big backlog. A lot of customers were offered free hardtops so they could receive their cars but are waiting for the soft top to be provided.
I saw that. Can't really complain with a free hard top can you

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The discount was just under £3k back in January for V6 First Edition versus Base Edition + same options. That's roughly equivalent to getting the KEF audio for free.

We don't know what they might do about the significant inflation pressures on material costs, so Base, options and i4 FE prices may all change.

In theory the V6 FE price could change too, as the deposit doesn't guarantee the price. Hopefully offset by higher order volumes and production efficiencies. But there may be some tough decisions for Lotus about sticking to previously published prices versus the fallout if they increase them.
Yes am guessing its going to be a hard conversation they will have to have soon, if not already.... about price, infaltion..... cost of parts, transport, staff... etc..... If to pass it on to customers, how that might affect numbers going forward, people dropping out.... new orders

That on top..... of cause people pulling out because of there own fiscal responsibilities :oops:

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The discount was just under £3k back in January for V6 First Edition versus Base Edition + same options. That's roughly equivalent to getting the KEF audio for free.

We don't know what they might do about the significant inflation pressures on material costs, so Base, options and i4 FE prices may all change.

In theory the V6 FE price could change too, as the deposit doesn't guarantee the price. Hopefully offset by higher order volumes and production efficiencies. But there may be some tough decisions for Lotus about sticking to previously published prices versus the fallout if they increase them.

In reality it sorta evens out. Think about the full picture, they've held onto thousands of deposits for about a year interest free. Those funds were likely used as working capital or to defray some of their payment obligations (which internal accounting value significantly higher than the going deposit rates). I'd expect the components for the first run of production to have already been purchased with just the variable costs - power etc subject to inflationary pressures.

Parts, labour and the other parts that make up the chunk of their costs should be fairly stable - for the first production runs at least. Raising prices for customers who placed deposits over a year ago would be PR suicide.

Very different case for the Evija though...

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Of course there's a lot they would have planned for, but did they account for aluminium prices increasing by 15%+ for example. They secured a lot of supplier agreements early, before last July's reveal, due to concerns about supply chains. But there's some evidence these weren't flexible enough to cope with the huge increase in demand. TDC marker on manual steering wheels is a result of this.

I agree raising prices before deliveries have even started would be very damaging.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Of course there's a lot they would have planned for, but did they account for aluminium prices increasing by 15%+ for example. They secured a lot of supplier agreements early, before last July's reveal, due to concerns about supply chains. But there's some evidence these weren't flexible enough to cope with the huge increase in demand. TDC marker on manual steering wheels is a result of this.

I agree raising prices before deliveries have even started would be very damaging.
Rivian currently being sued for doing this...

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Lotus deposit agreement (at least in the UK) doesn't commit Lotus contractually to a price (or even to supply you with a car!). So legally they would be able to change the price. Whether reputationally that's sensible is another matter.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Lotus deposit agreement (at least in the UK) doesn't commit Lotus contractually to a price (or even to supply you with a car!). So legally they would be able to change the price. Whether reputationally that's sensible is another matter.
Well said ...... yep.... time will tell,
at some point there going to be a chnage.....
wether for new, or new and existing orders

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is the question: Is this Osmium or Artic Silver?

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I for one will be pulling out if they decide to put it up even more.

I'm still miffed about the delivery fee

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not sure when these pictures take, they on face book,
It would suggest they taken this morning ?

If production has started, you would think the trolleys would be full of cars in stages of build, ? or at least see more cars around in these pictures

275672941_10159123389319775_7137215705566661820_n (1).jpg

275692475_10159123389304775_7441290813837576046_n.jpg

275741472_10159123389394775_7111997807739384106_n.jpg

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not sure when these pictures take, they on face book,
It would suggest they taken this morning ?

If production has started, you would think the trolleys would be full of cars in stages of build, ? or at least see more cars around in these pictures

View attachment 3816

View attachment 3817

View attachment 3818
Yellow looks amazing & the yellow calipers don’t look like a mismatch to me.
Is that dark verdant lurking in the background? 🤔
6B3982E7-8CA5-48D2-8214-C7884FE7F1E5.jpeg

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wondering...... these photos ( and the thread of Nimbus grey color cars) show photos of these cars apparently in early production......but are these customer configured cars ?

Has anyone here locked in their configured spec with their dealer where these would be production customer cars being made from actual customer orders ?

#ForTheCurious

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Confirms to me that no-black-pack is the way to go. Magma looking hot! 🔥