• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Yellow Emira at Eletre launch

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorry the video above for the Yellow Emira

Reactions: ino

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Still trying to decide if it was breathtaking or wind breaking.
It's open to interpretation,
It was all very 1980/90s! My dad was sales and marketing director for Renault Agriculture and he did something similar with a new tractor launch 30 years ago. Stuck them on a barge 🚜🚜🚜 going down the Thames and then had the launch in the city with Jean-Michel Jarre playing and a laser show!

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Totally
Feeling much stronger about my decision against the black pack. Admittedly, early on it was an existential crisis. I will change up the lettering on the back to black. But I like the more connected cabin look sans upper black pack. No offense to those going with the black pack. I does create a much lower look to the car. Certainly a fun look. Just not my cup of tea. These shots are really great though.. the yellow seems as electric as the Seneca. Thanks for sharing.
Totally with you. Fortune favours the brave! It looks awesome in these pics and full banana option will be an awesome thing to behold. I can't wait.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Hi there

I got to see this car today with Scott and to answer some questions:

This is a production left hand drive car but due to parts on hand at time of build is the reasoning for silver exhaust.

The car is on sports suspension with cup tyres, this is production spec ride height car and apart from the silver exhaust is a final car.

In the flesh this car is breath taking photos don’t do the Emira justice and this cat absolutely slam dunks a Ferrari 488 for looks and road presence.

Ride height is spot on! Sports and touring both same ride height and both using Billstein dampers just different specs.

The interior fit, finish and quality absolutely superb.

Again totally breathtaking car. For me blue and yellow favourite colours and the new vivid red looks stunning which may or may not be an option on base cars, basically a brighter red than magma and solid paint.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hi there

This is a production left hand drive car but due to parts on hand at time of build is the reasoning for silver exhaust.

The car is on sports suspension with cup tyres, this is production spec ride height car and apart from the silver exhaust is a final car.

In the flesh this car is breath taking photos don’t do the Emira justice and this cat absolutely slam dunks a Ferrari 488 for looks and road presence.

Ride height is spot on! Sports and touring both same ride height and both using Billstein dampers just different specs.

Again totally breathtaking car. For me blue and yellow favourite colours and the new vivid red looks stunning which may or may not be an option on base cars, basically a brighter red than magma and solid paint.
Thanks! Anything you can share about the seats (height, bolsters, etc) relative to the roadshow models?

Clam

Reaction score
That's my spec sans red calipers! I'm in love...

I also noticed that the taillights are a lightly smoked wine red rather than the bright red we've been seeing in most photos. Love it.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi there

Hi and do you know the two photos on here of the car next to the window that people are saying oh love how the magma looks so bright do you not think that second photo is vivid red not magma ( the one of the car next to the window )

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone have a higher resolution photo of the Emira badge from the Eletre event? It seems to be different containing a portion of the Union Jack if I’m not mistaken.

3A1F5766-038E-4F8C-A928-E060785FEBF6.jpeg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you watch the video it's clear it has a number 1 and not a union jack badge.
Ah, got it! I need to find a higher res video to watch. I just see a blur in the livestream video.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Hi and do you know the two photos on here of the car next to the window that people are saying oh love how the magma looks so bright do you not think that second photo is vivid red not magma ( the one of the car next to the window )

You’d need to show me this photo but the factory has mainly magma red cars but there is also a vivid red in factory too which is a brighter solid red.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
I just noticed the front shut line right behind the Lotus emblem appears much wider than that of the show car‘s.
View attachment 4268View attachment 4269
It may be because it's now a openable piece thus needs wider margin and a rubber seal. :(

I noticed this on the video at BBC but I can confirm that in person you don’t really notice this, it is a weather strip but again in person it was a none issue. You spot it more on lighter coloured cars but it’s a none issue, as in person you don’t really notice it as the car just looks far better than any photos or video can ever portray.

Trust me anyone buying a yellow car in that spec will only be blown away, no negatives!

Andrew

Reaction score
Still looks like a prototype car and not production one in my opinion...
The ride height is good but I'm afraid the final production car will a bit higher.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Still looks like a prototype car and not production one in my opinion...
The ride height is good but I'm afraid the final production car will a bit higher.

Scott said it was a final car apart from not been as per spec as per customer would get due to having items like silver exhaust tips and the fact that some sections of the car might get PPF from factory, not confirmed on the PPF but this was a final car and how customers will get ride height wise.

Scott made it clear that the cars in the factory are sitting higher and that this car was a final car with ride height customers will get as it’s quite a bit higher than the road show car but much lower that the pre production cars in the factory.

I asked him as did others and he said this was final ride height and it was spot on with a good 6” plus ground clearance. It did look great!

His only comment was the alignment may not have been set on the car and it may get more negative camber for a sports suspension car which this was which might change stance marginally but when I looked at the car from rear down the side it was absolutely running at least -1 negative degree camber or close too all round.

Andrew

Reaction score
Good news then!
I'm so tired of waiting for the day I'll finally see a production car on the streets... I think I'll throw a party that night! :)