Woohoo! 5% discount coming to UK buyers?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Be interesting!
Obviously Emira pricing has been set for some time now, so any positive adjustment to account for a reduction in VAT for Lotus benefit would be very obvious

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's funny, while UK gets a nice 5% discount - Canada receives a 10% luxury tax on top of our normal HST(VAT) for all cars over 100K CAD started sept 1st.

Glad you guys get some reprieve. I suppose we are not being as negatively affected by the Ukraine-russia conflict as everyone else, and having the 3rd largest oil supplies on the planet helps.

dzernski

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
"The price you pay will be the price you ordered at". If there's a 5% reduction in VAT, the price would go down. I doubt even if the VAT cut happens it'd be passed on, we'd just be paying more for the car and less in VAT. I wouldn't actually mind this as the "extra" might go to actually making the car.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Depending if this happens and when the early adopters, like myself, may be incurring an initial 5% depreciation if the VAT cut comes after purchase or we may actually obtain the saving if its before purchase. With my luck it will will be the former and not the latter.

I now don't want the 30 day call at least until Liz has been in the role 2-3 weeks..

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There is no guarantee of any discount

Truss is a politician, Who will say whatever crap she needs to say to get elected

Attachments

• F5AA825B-E9AD-4642-ACA3-093997B4BA2E.jpeg
    F5AA825B-E9AD-4642-ACA3-093997B4BA2E.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 68

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd happily take a 5% increase in price if it meant that dunce was not about to be running the country...

EDIT: yes, I have violated the "no politics" rule, which I take very seriously... but she really is that useless.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'd happily take a 5% increase in price if it meant that dunce was not about to be running the country...

EDIT: yes, I have violated the "no politics" rule, which I take very seriously... but she really is that useless.
But we had comedy, now we don't even have that...