2.5 months and 4000 miles

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Picked the car up on 17th March (Touring suspension) got the 1000 mile run in done and then headed off to Lake Garda in Italy with the wife. What are my thoughts?

It's a brilliant car and has fulfilled all my hopes and more for performance and comfort. I've had no real issues apart from an emmissions warning light coming on in the early days but not in the last month. It has just had a software upgrade today which they said would address any further issues with this.

The trip to Italy involved a 6 hour drive from Calais to a vineyard near Colmar in France. Down the payage, cruise control at 130km/hr (once I'd discovered how to change the dash from mph!! :)). Very comfortable, smooth and quiet enough so we can listen to music and talk. Got out at the end with no discomfort, aches or pains, fabulous!
Next couple of days driving through Switzerland to Italy through some lovely countyside and starting to get used to the performance and handling on mountain roads, fabulous!
After 4 days in Riva del Garda (sailing!) 6 days back through a number of high mountain passes and starting to use more of the full performance of the car, fabulous!
Response from people seeing the car go by, very positive discussions at various stops very positive, I happened to stop at a mountain restaurant where a group of 38 German cars were on an organised tour, consisting of many GT3's, GT4's and BMW's a couple of Mclaren's and Ferrari's. Guess what car got the most attention!! ;)

For me there is nothing better, the handling and ride are perfect, the power is more than enough and the noise in sport is brilliant as the revs go up, especially in the tunnels!! :). Tour gives you the opportunity to let the neighbours sleep as you drive by!. I see no reason to spoil the overall dynamics, feel and performance with any so called upgrades, I think Lotus have done a brilliant job!!
Can't wait for the next trip, now, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, Scandinavia...... :unsure:
lotus12.jpg

lotus14.jpg
lotus4a.jpg
lotus1.jpg
lotus8.jpg
lotus13.jpg
lotus7.jpg

Attachments

• lotus12.jpg
    lotus12.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 31

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Living the dream mate. Glad you like it all. Will be a little while until I take a long tour with having 4 kids here lol, but I would definitely do this!

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great report on a fantastic trip. Thanks for sharing the joy you're experiencing with the Emira.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How did the car do through the cold and snowy areas? Heater good enough? Defroster for the windows do its job?

Looks like a wonderful way to experience any sports car, even more so in an Emira!

OP
Yachtie

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How did the car do through the cold and snowy areas? Heater good enough? Defroster for the windows do its job?

Looks like a wonderful way to experience any sports car, even more so in an Emira!
Couldn’t fault it, set the temperature and it was comfortable at all times of day and night. It needed to be set a bit higher than the real temperature as Harry said in his video. We had it at around 23 degrees. On the hotter days aircon worked fine although we had to adjust the temperature and vent angles and openings as there could be a cool draft directed at you at times.

OP
Yachtie

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great stuff. So glad you are seeing, and feeling, the epicness of the Emira.
The car's talents grow with you.
I’m hoping my talents grow with the car!! 😀

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great to hear you had a fantastic trip, great reactions from others and the car living up to expectations.

My brother in law used to live in Milan so we’ve done the trip down through Switzerland and the Italian Lakes many times. Beautiful scenery and some fantastic roads.

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
love it, i was up that bernina pass just a few weeks before you by the look of it! your comments reflect my experience, it's wonderful

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Keep the faith, posts like this get the excitement going. When we read about all “the issues”, let’s remind ourselves that the people enjoying their cars are doing 4000 miles of road trips and are too busy to complain on this forum!

Logoman

Reaction score
Hero driver ✨ I think Emira's only negative on this kind of trip is that you can't put the roof down.