Will you ignore the recommended service intervals?

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1700km pure pleasure??? Hehe

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Official Lotus answer

Good Morning Gary,

Thank you for your email.

The Emira doesn't need a running service, so it's not included in the price.

Kind Regards

Jessica Wheeler
CUSTOMER CARE TEAM
[email protected]
T: +44 (0) 330 094 8047
GROUP LOTUS Hethel, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8EZ, United Kingdom

I will not be getting an oil change.....Ive done it on several cars, hand built, and there has never been any of the so called filings of metal in said oil and its been so clean you could literally put it over your salad with some balsamic vinegar.
I respect everyones opinions but I feel they are wives tails

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would just do it myself. Wives tales or not for the amount it would cost, I’d rather just not take the risk.
If it’s ‘additional’ to the official service requirement, do you think it would matter if it was done by a friend with local independent garage rather than driving all the way to a main dealer and back? Although, I guess it may invalidate warranty??

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
If it’s ‘additional’ to the official service requirement, do you think it would matter if it was done by a friend with local independent garage rather than driving all the way to a main dealer and back? Although, I guess it may invalidate warranty??
no it shouldn't matter..its just an oil change which they dont recommend, but you can change the oil every month if you like..or 6 months as some people do. As long as the official services are done at lotus, it wont matter......

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Although they say officially it isn't needed, I plan on doing it. And the gearbox oil too.

My local Lotus indie knows the V6s very well and we'll take a view on whether to uprate the gearbox oil, depending on what it says in the maintenance schedules and how the gearbox is sounding after running in. It made a noticeable difference to the shifting and gearbox noise in my Evora.

CheshireCat

Reaction score
I will speak to my dealer (Oakmere Cheshire) about it and unless they say definitely don't bother, will get it done and ask them to have a good look at the car on the ramp.
I think it is an opportunity to find any niggles on the car early on.
I am intending to keep the car for as long as I am driving, hopefully another 20 years and I'll be keeping in line with all servicing recommendations.
After 30 years of Porsche driving I have found the early experience with Oakmere (was Christopher Neil) a breath of fresh air. Much more personal service with genuine enthusiasts always very helpful so far. Porsche have been fine, but more and more corporate and unless you are an RS customer, pretty much invisible.

By the way, I have been on the forum for over a year, posted a few times only, but still appear as a new member. What does it take to get to progress? When I look in the mirror each morning I don't look that new anymore.

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I will speak to my dealer (Oakmere Cheshire) about it and unless they say definitely don't bother, will get it done and ask them to have a good look at the car on the ramp.
I am intending to keep the car for as long as I am driving, hopefully another 20 years and I'll be keeping in line with all servicing recommendations.
After 30 years of Porsche driving I have found the early experience with Oakmere (was Christopher Neil) a breath of fresh air. Much more personal service with genuine enthusiasts always very helpful so far. Porsche have been fine, but more and more corporate and unless you are an RS customer, pretty much invisible.

By the way, I have been on the forum for over a year, posted a few times only, but still appear as a new member. What does it take to get to progress? When I look in the mirror each morning I don't look that new anymore.
I’m from Northwich originally, so plan to use Oakmere for servicing but it’s a bit of a trek.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

Its probably post related.. you need to talk crap like the rest of us do.. haha
Yes if you are going to keep the car into old age, spending a bit more time and money early on wont make much difference to you so why not. I just think we dont give credit to the guys making the engines and think they are pretty bullet proof.. or in the case that they have errors, as some will, it wont be down to you not changing oil every 6000 miles etc, but some swear by it.
Its like, do I give my kids a telling off, or just positive reinforcement, well the long term evidence is hard to find.... its down to the individual.... I could never decide, hence why I dont have kids.. haha

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Perhaps we can help you along with a few reactions to your post...I think to become "Active" you need to post a bit more regularly and to become "well-known" you need to be one of those spending most of your life on here. As with most things in life, I try to plough a middle line.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps we can help you along with a few reactions to your post...I think to become "Active" you need to post a bit more regularly and to become "well-known" you need to be one of those spending most of your life on here. As with most things in life, I try to plough a middle line.
I on the other hand go all in.... haha
its not my fault I have no life.... but it wont last for ever.... this or life

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Whatever it says in the book.

Porsche are 2yr 20k ml intervals, modern oils and engines this every 6mth thing is hugely out of date. You're literally pooring money down the drain. But if it makes you happy and feel like you love your car more I say go for it, its certainly not going to hurt anything and it's not a lot of money wasted at the end of the day.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Whatever it says in the book.

Porsche are 2yr 20k ml intervals, modern oils and engines this every 6mth thing is hugely out of date. You're literally pooring money down the drain. But if it makes you happy and feel like you love your car more I say go for it, its certainly not going to hurt anything and it's not a lot of money wasted at the end of the day.
Is the Toyota V6 considered a modern engine? It was probably designed 15-20 years ago.

And yes, it’s mostly a self fulfillment thing for me.