Will you ignore the recommended service intervals?

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Is the Toyota V6 considered a modern engine? It was probably designed 15-20 years ago.

And yes, it’s mostly a self fulfillment thing for me.
Porsche went onto those schedules in 06 I believe. Not that I'm comparing a Toyota engine to a Porsche engine but I'd expect the Toyota to be more bullet proof tbh.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My 911 oil interval is 1 year from the manual/bulletins.
"Oil Change Every 10,000 miles (15,000 km) or 1 year. See Below Check Box."

Will Lotus require the first oil change to be done at the Lotus dealer to maintain the warranty? I do all my own work and live two hours away from the dealer. Porsche doesnt void the warranty if you do the basic maintenance and document it.

Last edited:

DJManc

Reaction score
My 911 oil interval is 1 year from the manual/bulletins.
"Oil Change Every 10,000 miles (15,000 km) or 1 year. See Below Check Box."

Will Lotus require the first oil change to be done at the Lotus dealer to maintain the warranty? I do all my own work and live two hours away from the dealer. Porsche doesnt void the warranty if you do the basic maintenance and document it.
In my experience of working for a couple of main dealer service departments, the criteria for servicing a vehicle outside of the dealer network, that was under a manufacturer warranty was that it must be done by a VAT registered garage, using genuine parts and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer guidelines/schedule, so as to not invalidate the warranty.
However, I don't know why anyone would choose to service outside the dealer network on such a high value car. Having a main dealer history on most cars helps to preserve the resale value and I for one would not by a used car like this that was serviced outside of the dealer network. Probably more so with a Lotus, as most potential future buyers will be discerning enthusiasts.
Also having your car service at the dealers means they will be able to carry out any available software updates that are available from the manufacturer and also carry out any recalls automatically that you may or may not be aware of.