❓ QUESTION Who do I call to change my "locked-in" spec?

NicolasB

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2021
Messages
705
Reaction score
971
Location
Ogdensburg NY
After finally getting some leaked photos of different colors and pictures from people's tours or driving academy days, I've decided to go back to my original spec of magma with full black pack. I tried calling the US customer service line twice and leaving a message for some guy who's apparently the field operations manager, but I have gotten no response. I am in the states, of course, but should I be trying to call up Hethel? I feel like if I call my dealer he'll just tell me that I cannot change it or he won't be able to do much himself anyway.

For anyone else who's in the same boat, I will document the process and let you know what effect this may or may not have on my delivery date. The last I knew was about 3 months ago when my dealer told me that I could probably expect my car sometime in the spring of '23. I'm guessing that it has moved back to mid or late summer at this point, so I feel like changing my spec a year in advance should I have absolutely no effect on delivery.

Cheers
 
OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2021
Messages
705
Reaction score
971
Location
Ogdensburg NY
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #22
Here is the latest this morning from Isabelle:

"Morning Nick,



Sorry for the delay in answering your question.



I have forwarded your request to our Sales Operations Manager and Regional Manager.

They have confirmed to me that Matt at Lotus of Western New York is being contacted an should be reaching out to you shortly.



Should that not be the case, please let me know.


Kind regards"


I emailed her back to let her know there was no need to apologize for a delay in her response, and also to inform her that my dealer had called me about it Tuesday (2 days ago). I will be interested to see where it goes from here.
 

TomE

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 10, 2021
Messages
3,375
Reaction score
7,609
Location
Surrey, UK
Several of us early UK deposit holders were told the provisional specs we’d submitted were already locked in and any changes would incur a delay. That despite previously being told we’d be able to change them.
 

AudR8

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Messages
263
Reaction score
350
Location
County Durham
I asked to change the colour of my brake callipers from Red to yellow and I’ve been told this will delay my car from Oct to at the very earliest Spring 23 but they can’t give me a date !!!!!! and for clarity if you have accepted a cancelled order these are locked by the factory so I would need to revert to my original position then my delay is added to this so who knows when I would receive car. Give me strength ☹️😞
Mind you they will have given my original position to someone else by now 🤯 Basically they making it nigh on impossible for you to make any changes even if minor changes.
I was also told my email today that :

“At present we are still awaiting confirmation on certain specifications potentially causing more of a delay than others. Once clarified we can advise any affected customers. Email updates are expected to be sent soon having been delayed on a few occasions in the weeks since Goodwood. “
 
Last edited:
OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2021
Messages
705
Reaction score
971
Location
Ogdensburg NY
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #28
I asked to change the colour of my brake callipers from Red to yellow and I’ve been told this will delay my car from Oct to at the very earliest Spring 23 but they can’t give me a date !!!!!! and for clarity if you have accepted a cancelled order these are locked by the factory so I would need to revert to my original position then my delay is added to this so who knows when I would receive car. Give me strength ☹️😞
Mind you they will have given my original position to someone else by now 🤯 Basically they making it nigh on impossible for you to make any changes even if minor changes.
I was also told my email today that :

“At present we are still awaiting confirmation on certain specifications potentially causing more of a delay than others. Once clarified we can advise any affected customers. Email updates are expected to be sent soon having been delayed on a few occasions in the weeks since Goodwood. “
Insanity! I still am awaiting a response from my request. If they turn me down I am not sure if I will cancel or keep it and try to flip it. Autotrader has been calling me lately. Lots of beautiful Vantages, GT3's and R8's available right away...
 

Similar threads

Top