Nannies - who drove a 2026 car and can tell?

Foxy87

Emira Fanatic
Joined
Mar 20, 2023
Messages
498
Media
51
Reaction score
426
Status:
Emira Owner
My Specs:
Emira V6
Hey

I will get my Emira supposably in April/May. I didnt spec the „extended co drivers package“ (its an option in europe) but will have the co driver package as standard which includes the following nannies:

- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Traffic sign recognition
- Blind spot warning system
- Lane change assist
- Lane departure warning
- Fatigue detection/warning

I am very curious how Lotus implemented these (how annoying these are) and how easy it is to disable them (shortcut or deep within the menues). I am finde with the AEB and the Blind spot warning. I hate traffic sign recognition and speed warner.

So is there anybody who has driven a 2026 car and paid attention to these?

Thanks
 
Finished break-in and tried out track mode. I must’ve missed something because the speed limit warning still went off. I hit continue/dis-able on all the screens. Do I separately have to go into the specific menu to disable the speed limit warning each time? Why the hell would track mode keep that on…LOL
 
Finished break-in and tried out track mode. I must’ve missed something because the speed limit warning still went off. I hit continue/dis-able on all the screens. Do I separately have to go into the specific menu to disable the speed limit warning each time? Why the hell would track mode keep that on…LOL
Yup, traffic sign recognition does not turn off in track mode. Need to disable separately. Crazy, I know
 
Hopefully there actually is an update coming out and it isn’t just dealerships saying whatever they can to sell cars

When I asked my salesman about a future fix he said he was unaware of anything in the works. I can deal with the flashing speed sign in the dash, but the audible alert is quite annoying. Similar story for the lane departure system.
 
I've gotten used to the ADAS warnings because I've driven the car enough to mentally filter them out. I simply don't notice the warnings, except on the rare occasion when I forget to disable the aural warnings during my start-up routine.

My routine is to start the car, and while letting it idle for 10 seconds or so, I do the 3 quick taps (settings/driver assistance/visual only) to disable the warning beep. That takes less than 5 seconds once you know exactly what to do.

Nonetheless, I would welcome a software update to eliminate the default back to beeping on every engine start. The visual warning only doesn't bother me at all, and it's no more intrusive than the speed limit warning on Waze, which I have up on CarPlay every time I drive. I actually find that helpful because of the speed cameras proliferating in our state, often in places where it's not actually clear what the speed limit is.
 
Last edited:
Trough the quickpanel its only 2 tabs. Done in 2 seconds.
 
Trough the quickpanel its only 2 tabs. Done in 2 seconds.
It's still 3 taps (quick panel/traffic sign recognition/visual only). I've just gotten used to tapping the settings (gear shaped icon) first.
 
Yep, it really was a suprise for me. I guess it’s easier for lotus to include on all emiras rather than just limiting it to EU cars
It is possible to turn the speed and lane drift warnings off and if in the US, it will not reset every time you get in the car.
 
It's still 3 taps (quick panel/traffic sign recognition/visual only). I've just gotten used to tapping the settings (gear shaped icon) first.
No it really is only 2 taps, traffic sign recognition is already there to just tap on it for visual only... But there is a third tap needed to return to the home screen ;-)
 
No it really is only 2 taps, traffic sign recognition is already there to just tap on it for visual only... But there is a third tap needed to return to the home screen ;-)
I just checked my car. I have to tap once to get to quick panel, which is the same as tapping the gear (settings) icon. Both are 2 taps after that.
 
For me, I really don’t find most of the nannies an issue whatsoever. The traffic sign recognition is the only one I must deactivate at every start. It is ridiculous but it’s the only system that is intrusive to me and to disable it takes literally less than 5 seconds total. All the other ADAS functions have not been bothersome at all and I personally think a bit overblown. Kinda weird that while driving some very twisty fun roads the Fatigue coffee cup popped up.🤔But that was quickly dismissed with one push of a button on the steering wheel. I get the frustration to an extent especially if you’re used to more simplicity, but the ADAS stuff shouldn’t be a deal breaker imho after putting 1300 miles on my car now.
 
Traffic Sign is the worst for sure, outside of that the Fatigue is next and everything else is killed by driving it in the proper mode, Track Mode :)
 
I just checked my car. I have to tap once to get to quick panel, which is the same as tapping the gear (settings) icon. Both are 2 taps after that.
Are you talking about speed limit warner AND lane departure warning? I always only disable (change to visual only) speed limit warner (as lane departure doesnt bother me at all) and this is definitely 2 taps through the quick panel. One click quick panel, one tap on the speed limit warner for visual only…
 
For me, I really don’t find most of the nannies an issue whatsoever. The traffic sign recognition is the only one I must deactivate at every start. It is ridiculous but it’s the only system that is intrusive to me and to disable it takes literally less than 5 seconds total. All the other ADAS functions have not been bothersome at all and I personally think a bit overblown. Kinda weird that while driving some very twisty fun roads the Fatigue coffee cup popped up.🤔But that was quickly dismissed with one push of a button on the steering wheel. I get the frustration to an extent especially if you’re used to more simplicity, but the ADAS stuff shouldn’t be a deal breaker imho after putting 1300 miles on my car now.
Exactly. Was very worried (hence I started this thread) but the only thing that needs to be turned off is speed limit. 2 Taps, 2 seconds.
 
Exactly. Was very worried (hence I started this thread) but the only thing that needs to be turned off is speed limit. 2 Taps, 2 seconds.
Auto braking is an issue in the canyons at certain points. That needs to be shut off before you are moving.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top