Nannies - who drove a 2026 car and can tell?

Foxy87

Emira Fanatic
Joined
Mar 20, 2023
Messages
494
Media
51
Reaction score
412
Status:
Emira Owner
My Specs:
Emira V6
Hey

I will get my Emira supposably in April/May. I didnt spec the „extended co drivers package“ (its an option in europe) but will have the co driver package as standard which includes the following nannies:

- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Traffic sign recognition
- Blind spot warning system
- Lane change assist
- Lane departure warning
- Fatigue detection/warning

I am very curious how Lotus implemented these (how annoying these are) and how easy it is to disable them (shortcut or deep within the menues). I am finde with the AEB and the Blind spot warning. I hate traffic sign recognition and speed warner.

So is there anybody who has driven a 2026 car and paid attention to these?

Thanks
 
I’m not sure I understand. If you disable them, how are they still intrusive?
Because there is a bunch of warnings in your dashboard all the time.

Not to mention that you need to deactivate all of them EVERY TIME you start the engine. It is not normal that your preferences are saved. It is a major software flaw and it should be patched!
 
It is not normal that your preferences are saved. It is a major software flaw and it should be patched!
It is normal in the EU and it's not a software flaw - it is intentional, you can't disable driver safety warnings permanently, by EU law they have to be turned on each time the car is started. Lotus can't keep the settings turned off by the driver else they would be breaking the law.

See article 6 --> https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:02019R2144-20240707
 
It is normal in the EU and it's not a software flaw - it is intentional, you can't disable driver safety warnings permanently, by EU law they have to be turned on each time the car is started. Lotus can't keep the settings turned off by the driver else they would be breaking the law.

See article 6 --> https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:02019R2144-20240707
They could, though, recalibrate with an update to the US/non-EU to keep these features on or off as desired, I would think. I am going in next Tuesday for updates; I can report back on what I notice or whether it's even truly available.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top