Nannies - who drove a 2026 car and can tell?

Foxy87

Emira Fanatic
Joined
Mar 20, 2023
Messages
488
Media
45
Reaction score
405
Status:
Emira Owner
My Specs:
Emira V6
Hey

I will get my Emira supposably in April/May. I didnt spec the „extended co drivers package“ (its an option in europe) but will have the co driver package as standard which includes the following nannies:

- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Traffic sign recognition
- Blind spot warning system
- Lane change assist
- Lane departure warning
- Fatigue detection/warning

I am very curious how Lotus implemented these (how annoying these are) and how easy it is to disable them (shortcut or deep within the menues). I am finde with the AEB and the Blind spot warning. I hate traffic sign recognition and speed warner.

So is there anybody who has driven a 2026 car and paid attention to these?

Thanks
 
I’m going in to my local dealer tomorrow morning for my break in oil change, inspection, plus any software updates etc. If there’s anything noteworthy I’ll report back of course.
 
any update?
Nothing new. There were no updates available for my car and according to my advisor he was not aware of anything in the immediate future that would allow more of a permanent deactivation of the ADAS features etc. He was also unsure as to why stereo settings such as Master Volume was also not saved when shutting off the car. So it appears that for the foreseeable future at least according to my dealer, those features will have to be deactivated on every start.
On another bright note, my car checked out great, no leaks anywhere, no issues to report, running superbly!
Also getting my 3rd Cat delete pipe tomorrow along with my Uniden R7 radar detector.😁👍🏻
 
Hey

I will get my Emira supposably in April/May. I didnt spec the „extended co drivers package“ (its an option in europe) but will have the co driver package as standard which includes the following nannies:

- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Traffic sign recognition
- Blind spot warning system
- Lane change assist
- Lane departure warning
- Fatigue detection/warning

I am very curious how Lotus implemented these (how annoying these are) and how easy it is to disable them (shortcut or deep within the menues). I am finde with the AEB and the Blind spot warning. I hate traffic sign recognition and speed warner.

So is there anybody who has driven a 2026 car and paid attention to these?

Thanks
I got my 2026 Emira at the end of June. The speed limit alert is definitely annoying. It’s easy to over ride with an easy tap of the screen and disabling the alert but why cannot you set the alert to permanently disable is my question. I love my car and really that’s my only complaint.
 
Love my 2026……the speed sensor is only issue so just cut it off each time you drive….lane warning and side vehicle warnings are a good thing….better shifter then 24-25…..I had a 2025

Not a deal breaker ADAS
 
I have a 2026 - The speed limit sign detection, as mentioned above, is the annoying one! I like driving in Track Mode, the car perfoms better and I like the dash layout better, this turns most other things off. I wish in Track we had an option to turn Stability or Traction back on if we wanted, but from a quick review, it doesn't seem like an option.
 
I got my 2026 Emira at the end of June. The speed limit alert is definitely annoying. It’s easy to over ride with an easy tap of the screen and disabling the alert but why cannot you set the alert to permanently disable is my question. I love my car and really that’s my only complaint.
My very first test drive was in a '26 and this is what instantly made my decision to pursue a '25.

If the alert could be turned off and stayed off, until I turned it back on, it would not have been an issue.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top