• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: šŸ† May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Where have you gone instead of Emira?

OP
M

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Please don't tell me you actually drive it in Auto rather than the paddle shift šŸ˜¬šŸ˜…

Lol, guilty!

Only been on one real driveā€¦ trying to get the feel of the car first before I try and get my head around paddles too!

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lol, guilty!

Only been on one real driveā€¦ trying to get the feel of the car first before I try and get my head around paddles too!
Ahh, fair enough.

When you get round to using the paddles itā€™ll bring a whole new F1 dimension to the drive! šŸ˜ƒ

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lol, guilty!

I also took the same approach you have so much power I wanted to really get used to car first before letting loose and itā€™s like you know youā€™ve got a whole new level to then explore. Suppose some want to dive straight in some want to savour the build up and anticipation and unwrap in stages. When that day comes ooooo your in for some excitement even the sounds and burbles on the downshifts truly glorious.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ahh, fair enough.

When you get round to using the paddles itā€™ll bring a whole new F1 dimension to the drive! šŸ˜ƒ
I would disagree. There is no feedback or pleasure in the paddles. It has as much dimension as playing Playstation or Xbox. I quit using paddles after a month because they provided zero reward or feedback. Agree to disagree.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would disagree. There is no feedback or pleasure in the paddles. It has as much dimension as playing Playstation or Xbox. I quit using paddles after a month because they provided zero reward or feedback. Agree to disagree.
Yep, I 100% agree to disagree šŸ˜‚

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I knew the Emira was coming, however I preferred in 2021 to trade in my 1990 Esprit Turbo SE (2nd owner since 1993) for the last in the Netherlands available Evora GT 410 Sport IPS........
Did not regret it for a second since then.......

Lotus Esprit (2) JPG small.jpg

BBBB IMG_20220207_153257.jpg

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I ended up buying a 21 plate Ftype Coupe 450 with all the options as I loved the vantage but not the interior.
Leonard mentioned the new Ftype and I was hooked on the 5 litre engine and the looks - yes its a GT.

Soon to go to Viezu for pulley and stage 1 tune taking it from 450bhp to 620 bhp.

1675859216402.png

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Lol, guilty!

Haha, try rear wheel drive with that engine and cooler tire temperatures! Makes it interesting to say the least!

Wake

Reaction score
I'm not out either, just deferred my Emira by 10 months, so I'll be posting about my new "interim" car over there when it arrives on 5 March...
Lotus relented and let you do this? I asked the question before if I can postpone mine havenā€™t had a response yet but I was assuming they would just insist that I cancel and place a different deposit

Boombang

Reaction score
About a month after I ordered my Emira (early July 21) we were broken into and our very unassuming Ford Kuga was taken.
Amazingly well organised - they were in our house within seconds, did a thorough search of the ground floor without waking us, and made away with the keys and anything of value they found on the way. The number plates were covered with those of another similar car even before they drove off and the car was found abandoned just over 3 months later having been used for a number of other car thefts and burglaries.

We had a Macan GTS on order at the time which was many months off so ended up reviewing the situation, taking a different apprach and buying a X3 M40D - 335bhp, over 500lb/ft torque, quick and frugal.

IMG_20221111_125908110~2.jpg

I then got fed up with the Emira delays and decided to buy something to fill the garage - whatever it was must not depreciate much, and can't have been a car I'd had before, but otherwise open to anything. I was struggling to get a nice S2 Elise (although had a VX220 and a turbo it's a different itch to scratch) so went for a Caterham. Although I was searching for a nice 420 this R300 came up, and the 6 speed box takes it to another level. A nice, rare and hopefully depreciation proof toy.

IMG_20220812_144954717_HDR~2.jpg

Roll on to December 22 and I drive the Emira - as per my write up I was disappointed and cancelled (majorly down to the seats). I'm not sure I'll stick with this Caterham, lovely though it is I want to go racing and can't keep this as well as do that.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus relented and let you do this? I asked the question before if I can postpone mine havenā€™t had a response yet but I was assuming they would just insist that I cancel and place a different deposit
The way Iā€™ve had to do it is to cancel and place a new deposit. The concession is Lotus agreed to move that deposit into the UK Base Edition queue.

That queue isnā€™t currently open for new deposits but has some people already in it - people who placed deposits after reveal and then declined an FE and i4. Target build for that deposit is early Q1 2024 (BE batch 1 or 2).

If after they publish Base info I decide I want to switch back to FE, then the second concession is my deposit will switch across to the FE queue for an equivalent build slot. So also Q1 2024, rather than going to the back of the FE queue.

They needed to do it this way because you canā€™t join a V6 queue and decide FE vs BE later. You could do that for about 6 months post reveal.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ā£5k Lotus deposit back, Ā£16k Ducati DesertX joined the bike fleet, man-maths in action.
Easy maths, youā€™ve saved Ā£65k buying the Ducati rather than the Emira šŸ˜€

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I knew the Emira was coming, however I preferred in 2021 to trade in my 1990 Esprit Turbo SE (2nd owner since 1993) for the last in the Netherlands available Evora GT 410 Sport IPS........

View attachment 22379

Now that is a very very cool car to own! If you ever want to sell it, give me a shout ;-)

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
8B72B59E-C36E-40A1-AA14-7630BB41206F.jpeg

Most likely this!! šŸ˜‚ šŸ«£ and a push bikeā€¦..
I mean just look at those gorgeous 16ā€ wheelsā€¦..