• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Where have you gone instead of Emira?

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In an effort to keep non emira content away from those who don’t like it, a new off topic thread

What you’ve bought instead of an emira?

Pics and write ups please!

OP
M

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’ll start

2018 V10 auto R8 in mid life crisis red

It’s a missile and so sure footed!

Had my first proper drive last weekend… 2 hours out in sunny but cold uk winter temps. Averaged 18mpg… couldn’t believe it given my heavy right foot!

The car just flies so naturally along winding country roads, really hunkered down to the road. You really know about the road surface and potholes, especially at lower speeds. Steering could give more feedback, but it’s easy to position even though quite wide and goes exactly where you point it.

Incredibly engaging at uk legal speeds, although comes even more alive as you push harder.

I was wrong when I said I was a GT man after all, this thing is an insane sports car and makes me smile like crazy!!

Attachments

• 28572EEC-E857-4FF5-8CFC-C9466C3B913E.jpeg
    28572EEC-E857-4FF5-8CFC-C9466C3B913E.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 8575DEE9-EBEF-4AC7-A9F1-340E2C36C0B0.jpeg
    8575DEE9-EBEF-4AC7-A9F1-340E2C36C0B0.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 4280CC5A-23F0-455D-ADCE-5AADDFABE4B2.jpeg
    4280CC5A-23F0-455D-ADCE-5AADDFABE4B2.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 60
  • A5DF5926-B712-43AB-A430-027A2C5B4D83.jpeg
    A5DF5926-B712-43AB-A430-027A2C5B4D83.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

teamvxracing

Reaction score
not a bad option , made me look . I don't know if I would still be allowed with Lotus on Track though

Willma

Reaction score
I’ll start

2018 V10 auto R8 in mid life crisis red

It’s a missile and so sure footed!

Had my first proper drive last weekend… 2 hours out in sunny but cold uk winter temps. Averaged 18mpg… couldn’t believe it given my heavy right foot!

The car just flies so naturally along winding country roads, really hunkered down to the road. You really know about the road surface and potholes, especially at lower speeds. Steering could give more feedback, but it’s easy to position even though quite wide and goes exactly where you point it.

Incredibly engaging at uk legal speeds, although comes even more alive as you push harder.

I was wrong when I said I was a GT man after all, this thing is an insane sports car and makes me smile like crazy!!
Snap, only had a quick test drive this morning and bought this one. Will report back when I collect next week. Was a bit underwhelmed initially until I pushed the chequered 🏁 flag button and nailed it..... holey shiiiiiiiiii...fast.
20230207_115456.jpg

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, I purchased this rear wheel drive special edition 2018 R8. It is so fast, amazing sounding and eye-catching, however....
d4f3d1b15d794bc7875badb0685b492f.jpg

I just cannot get it so my head isn't touching the ceiling, which is a pet-peeve, and as much as people said "you won't miss the manual transmission" with the DCT, they were wrong, and I missed it a lot. I test drove an M4, 718 Spyder and had gone off course for a bit and had signed a purchase agreement for a yet-to-be-delivered manual CT5-V Blackwing Cadillac. However, last minute I found this beauty(pics below), which is identical color-spec to my new truck, so I am trading my Audi and getting back a big fat check for the difference 😁

2020 GT350R with 900 miles 🤤 Track car for the street (or track!) Has carbon fiber wheels, Recaros, 305 front, 315 rear Cup2's, 8,250 redline. Sunny day driving only!
GT350R.jpg

2.jpg

19.jpg

32.jpg

OP
M

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, I purchased this rear wheel drive special edition 2018 R8. It is so fast, amazing sounding and eye-catching, however....
View attachment 22339

I just cannot get it so my head isn't touching the ceiling, which is a pet-peeve, and as much as people said "you won't miss the manual transmission" with the DCT, they were wrong, and I missed it a lot. I test drove an M4, 718 Spyder and had gone off course for a bit and had signed a purchase agreement for a yet-to-be-delivered manual CT5-V Blackwing Cadillac. However, last minute I found this beauty(pics below), which is identical color-spec to my new truck, so I am trading my Audi and getting back a big fat check for the difference 😁

2020 GT350R with 900 miles 🤤 Track car for the street (or track!) Has carbon fiber wheels, Recaros, 305 front, 315 rear Cup2's, 8,250 redline. Sunny day driving only!
View attachment 22341
View attachment 22342
View attachment 22343
View attachment 22344

oh wow - never noticed my head near the roof! are you insanely tall or perhaps have a very large head?!?!

enjoy the new wheels :) is that 2 cars in 2 months then?!

If I'd had come straight from my vantage I might have missed a manual too, but via 18 months in a 2 tonne auto Macan GTS I can appreciate the quality of the auto shift on the R8 and the fact it reads my mind re wanting to change gear - I've only experience autos as laggy and annoying before, but this changes gear before I knew I needed to sometimes, which just encourages me to rag it more!

OP
M

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Snap, only had a quick test drive this morning and bought this one. Will report back when I collect next week. Was a bit underwhelmed initially until I pushed the chequered 🏁 flag button and nailed it..... holey shiiiiiiiiii...fast.View attachment 22340

that's the Tetbury Audi car if I'm recognising the location?

you must be local to me!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not bought instead just for the meantime...maybe.. 🤔
In which case you need to be posting in this thread :)

I'm not out either, just deferred my Emira by 10 months, so I'll be posting about my new "interim" car over there when it arrives on 5 March...

boozyjay

Reaction score
Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while, since I cancelled my Emira a good while ago. Sorry to hear about all the problems new owners are having with their cars. I have no regrets whatsoever that I made the right decision, especially after reading all the posts regarding the faults on the Emira. I ended up purchasing a lightly used 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 and it's amazing, the engine is a masterpiece and the way it drives just puts the biggest smile on your face, plus it hasn't put a foot wrong, the build quality is brilliant - something that was putting me off with Lotus. It's locked away now until the nicer weather arrives, but I can't wait to drive it again, it feels a really special car. Here's some pics. It actually looks better in the flesh.

Attachments

• IMG_4048.jpg
    IMG_4048.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4045.jpg
    IMG_4045.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4052.jpg
    IMG_4052.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4039.jpg
    IMG_4039.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4028.jpg
    IMG_4028.jpg
    693.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4049.jpg
    595.1 KB · Views: 52

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while, since I cancelled my Emira a good while ago. Sorry to hear about all the problems new owners are having with their cars. I have no regrets whatsoever that I made the right decision, especially after reading all the posts regarding the faults on the Emira. I ended up purchasing a lightly used 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 and it's amazing, the engine is a masterpiece and the way it drives just puts the biggest smile on your face, plus it hasn't put a foot wrong, the build quality is brilliant - something that was putting me off with Lotus. It's locked away now until the nicer weather arrives, but I can't wait to drive it again, it feels a really special car. Here's some pics. It actually looks better in the flesh.
Great time to have one, you have all the upcoming nice weather to look forward to and throughly enjoy your new wheels congrats

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If I'd had come straight from my vantage I might have missed a manual too, but via 18 months in a 2 tonne auto Macan GTS I can appreciate the quality of the auto shift on the R8 and the fact it reads my mind re wanting to change gear - I've only experience autos as laggy and annoying before, but this changes gear before I knew I needed to sometimes, which just encourages me to rag it more!
Please don't tell me you actually drive it in Auto rather than the paddle shift 😬😅

alvitdk

Reaction score
Almost embarrassed to say it, but picked up a new Tesla and traded my Porsche 981 for it just because I needed a daily driver anyway....patiently waiting for the Emira, now more than ever I guess, not having a sportscar anymore ;-)

IanO

Reaction score
View attachment 22339

View attachment 22341
View attachment 22342
View attachment 22343
View attachment 22344
Great looking car. These never made it to the uk but would definitely be tempted if they had, a very special Mustang with the flat plane V8. A lot of engineering effort for one variant of a vehicle.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
View attachment 22339

View attachment 22341
View attachment 22342
View attachment 22343
View attachment 22344
Stunning colour Nothing better than getting a car that ticks the box’s and money back in your mit 👍 now tell us your deffo gonna keep this one longer than 5 mins lol

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Stunning colour Nothing better than getting a car that ticks the box’s and money back in your mit 👍 now tell us your deffo gonna keep this one longer than 5 mins lol
Got the R8 in November, so 3 months? Haha, gotta keep this one until the roads are clear of salt before I can even drive it! Thinking this might be a keeper and then maybe get another for other purposes ☺️

Willma

Reaction score
that's the Tetbury Audi car if I'm recognising the location?

you must be local to me!
It is the Tetbury one but I travelled for 2 hours to get there. Lovely area with some nice roads. Great audi dealership who just threw me the keys saying see you in an hour or so go have a play.