❔ QUESTION What OBDII Scanner is Recommended for use with the Emira?

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
After Reading Shaank's journal regarding his new Emira and his ECU issues;

What OBDII Scanner is Recommended for use with the Emira? I assume Lotus complies with the basic OBD II Protocols, yet there are many "Brand Specific" systems that require unique software to interpret and reset. So is there a OBD II Scanner that is built for LOTUS vehicles?
:)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was planning to use a cheapie $5 bluetooth ODB2 dongle and the Torque Pro app on my mobile.

Works great for all my other cars! :)

OP
981KMAN

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was planning to use a cheapie $5 bluetooth ODB2 dongle and the Torque Pro app on my mobile.

Works great for all my other cars! :)

Thanks.... So I found the Torque Pro app on the Google Play Store.

Seems like a generic OBDII Scanner with some nice real-time reporting features & display Layout options.

As I'm new to the Lotus ECU & In-Vehicle Network, does Lotus have there own unique Trouble Codes, like other car manufacturers? Or are they a purely generic OBDII/EOBD protocol? Meaning any OBDII compliant Bi-Directional Scanner can control all modules in the vehicle.

Thanks

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
+1 for Toque Pro app with generic Bluetooth OBD2 dongle. I also use something called OBDEleven for my VW which not only reads codes but allows all sorts of user customizations with VAG cars (it'd be awesome to find something similar for Lotus).

The Torque app is great for scanning and monitoring other vehicles. I always have the dongle in my car to help friends and folks at track days who inevitably throw codes and appreciate a quick scan.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Veepeak works well with all my cars. Torque pro or equivalent app and you should be all set.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just found an older OBD II dongle in my shed, bought it for my M2, never used it and forgot about it.

Now, owning a Lotus, it's good to have one... And I will store it in the car...

It's a Vgate iCar II and as an app I use Car scanner for iOS. That worked flawlessly today. Car scanner also has Lotus as a brand to chose.

Anyone already had P0116?

IMG_7852.PNG

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I use the Vgate iCar Pro (Bluetooth 4.0) dongle with the
OnTrack app. It is apple CarPlay compatible so you can see on screen stats.

Last edited:

EFE

Reaction score
I use both the Xtool when at home and Carista with my iphone when on the road. Having had to reset many codes on my Emira, I never leave home without the Carista

Amazon product

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry to resurrect this thread @TomE but do you need any particular app for the iPhone with this?
The majority of iPhone and Android OBD2 apps work with this. It's more about what features you want from the app and whether those are in a basic free version or paid upgrade.

I use InCarDoc as the free version gives a decent exportable report and it will let you clear the majority of codes, including CEL.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I use both the Xtool when at home and Carista with my iphone when on the road. Having had to reset many codes on my Emira, I never leave home without the Carista

Amazon product
I've got the Carista device for iphone from using on another car, but I can't detect it when in the Emira. Is there a trick here?

_w_

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've got the Carista device for iphone from using on another car, but I can't detect it when in the Emira. Is there a trick here?
All I can say is I didn’t (knowingly) need a trick, first used on my van without issue connecting or scanning and then in the emira. Lights came on instantly when plugged in (just after parking up and turning the engine off), then started up to see the live data.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any coding apps for the Emira? Have used things like bimmercode on the BMW's before that allow you to tweak settings (eg exhaust flaps), would be cool to have that for the lotus