Votes: 66 31.0%
  • Supercharged 416-hp Toyota V-6

Votes: 147 69.0%

• Total voters

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The I4 is 360hp.

Yea, but Lotus already confirmed for the Chinese market that FE I4 is 400HP and 480NM. I doubt they'll release a FE I4 with a different HP level for other parts of the world. It would also make more sense for the I4 to have the same HP as the V6.

The 360HP figure is the Base I4 power rating, or it could just be preliminary - we'll see eventually.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have no choice, only I4 version in China. I wish I could have a manual V6. SAD.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There is a guy who posts on Youtube by the name of whichbike - he was talking to Matt and Matt confirms the 3.5lt is actually 416bhp

skip to about 13min and 20sec
LOTUS confirmed the FE I4 will be 400HP. However, no one knows how much actual horsepower on the wheel.
2.png

Aniki

Reaction score
I have plenty of manual transmission cars as is, so I'd like to experience the 4cyl from AMG.
Having owned a C8 Corvette, DCTs are fun in their own right, and I find them to be much more convenient in everyday life, as well as providing a great experience when tracking.

Also, despite that variation being advertised with 360hp, they're easily capable of 500hp and I'm sure the tuners will have an answer for anyone looking to get more out of that M139.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I saw in another Lotus forum that a possible reason for tuning the V6 and the I4 to current HP numbers is due to Lotus only having 1 model and they have to meet emissions (not sure if emissions is correct) regulations for their entire fleet which is one car ( I don't think the Evija counts). Whereas Porsche, Mercedes, etc obviously have numerous models to meet the regulation so they can tune up their sports cars to max.

If that is true, then would it be true that when they roll out the EV models that will allow them to tune up the V6 and I4? Just curious if anyone can comment on this.

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yea, but Lotus already confirmed for the Chinese market that FE I4 is 400HP and 480NM. I doubt they'll release a FE I4 with a different HP level for other parts of the world. It would also make more sense for the I4 to have the same HP as the V6.

The 360HP figure is the Base I4 power rating, or it could just be preliminary - we'll see eventually.
I asked Lotus this question directly and their customer services emailed me to say the i4 FE, in the UK at least, will be 360 HP. They completely ignored my remarks regarding the Chinese version being 400 HP, and no answers as to WHY !!

I therefore assume they are deliberately keeping the HP low to push people towards V6 models, are misinformed, or Lotus are deliberately withholding some key information they seem very reluctant to give out, ie i4FE price and spec anywhere other than China. Very suspicious. It’s still not on the new configurator.

Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I saw in another Lotus forum that a possible reason for tuning the V6 and the I4 to current HP numbers is due to Lotus only having 1 model and they have to meet emissions (not sure if emissions is correct) regulations for their entire fleet which is one car ( I don't think the Evija counts). Whereas Porsche, Mercedes, etc obviously have numerous models to meet the regulation so they can tune up their sports cars to max.

If that is true, then would it be true that when they roll out the EV models that will allow them to tune up the V6 and I4? Just curious if anyone can comment on this.
I’d buy this for $1.00 American. I’ve heard this before about gas mileage regulations.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I asked Lotus this question directly and their customer services emailed me to say the i4 FE, in the UK at least, will be 360 HP. They completely ignored my remarks regarding the Chinese version being 400 HP, and no answers as to WHY !!

I therefore assume they are deliberately keeping the HP low to push people towards V6 models, are misinformed, or Lotus are deliberately withholding some key information they seem very reluctant to give out, ie i4FE price and spec anywhere other than China. Very suspicious. It’s still not on the new configurator.
The plot thickens...

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
There’s a Galpin video stating the i4 engine won’t be visible but covered…

I wonder what exactly is going to be visible vs not visible.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I think your speculation makes sense.
There is still one thing I can't understand:Why LOTUS stop supplying the previous models when the new model comes out. :unsure: It seems LOTUS cut down it's fleet.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Yes, I believe this is correct, and specifically I heard it’s to accommodate the upcoming emissions standards in Europe. No confirmation from Lotus, but I’ve heard this rationale expressed by many people on multiple forums. It makes sense, And I suspect is correct.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I thinks it's the marketing strategy. There is no V6 version in China. How to differentiate between the FE and base version. Apart from the interior and exterior , HP is the only thing that matters. It's easy for LOTUS engineer to squeeze extra 40HP.No to metion whether the 400HP is the output of the engine itself or on wheels. LOTUS never said the 400HP is on wheels.
It's just mypersonal speculation. :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There’s a Galpin video stating the i4 engine won’t be visible but covered…

I wonder what exactly is going to be visible vs not visible.
The i4 has an engine cover across the whole engine bay. So none of the engine will be visible. If you look at pictures of the blue show car you can see the effect.

Salokin

Reaction score
I recently ordered the V6 Manual. Last Lotus with ICE then I go for the emotion. One of the best sounds I heard ever. That combined with a manual made a no brainer for me.

I guess, like the Evora, it will be tuneable at almost 500HP.

Attachments

• DA6657EA-02A6-40EA-BA2E-4ADBDF0D24D6.jpeg
    DA6657EA-02A6-40EA-BA2E-4ADBDF0D24D6.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 5DFF4524-A826-4B78-AEFE-60A334D017D9.jpeg
    5DFF4524-A826-4B78-AEFE-60A334D017D9.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 60

Eddie

Reaction score
Was undecided yesterday, but playing with the configurator last night this is my spec so far
Nimbus Grey - 3.5 V6 manual - Design 1 Gloss Black Wheels - Yellow Brake Calipers - Black Alcantara Seats with Yellow Stiching - Black Alcantara Steering Wheel with Yellow Line Once the full options list comes out hopefully also uprated Stereo (KEF) front and rear parking sensors and rear Camera, also full PPF.
Exact same spec I went with in November during the second round of deposits in the UK 👌

Last edited:

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You don't even have a choice in some markets. Sad.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i'm so torn between engines still yes the i4 has 360 . but it also has a aluminum subframe vs steel and the dtc is suppose to have been lightened up. so are we talking 60 lbs 80 lbs or 100.
And how close does it make up the power to weight of a v6 manual and how much will the transitions of the cars weight be effected ?