Votes: 66 31.0%
  • Supercharged 416-hp Toyota V-6

Votes: 147 69.0%

• Total voters

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Emira will have a choice of two engines: an AMG-sourced four-cylinder making 360 horsepower or the supercharged 416-hp Toyota V-6 currently offered in the Evora. What engine do you plan on going with?

engine-emira-specs.jpg

Last edited:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I'm really undecided at this point. I need to do some more research on the AMG engine to decide. Although, I think I saw somewhere that the only engine option for the first year of production is the supercharged V6, or am I wrong about that?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Scratch that, I'm going with the most powerful engine and that looks to be the supercharged V6. Can we confirm that it is indeed 400hp? I can seem to find that number anywhere on Lotus' site???

Skymira

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there for the sake of conversation. The 2 litre 4 from AMG makes 415 hp. in the Mercedes A-45, and about 370 lb ft. of torque. Of course you'd be voiding the warranty, but these numbers basically equal (better the torque #) of the V-6. AND it should weigh less. Any thoughts?

Timbo

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there for the sake of conversation. The 2 litre 4 from AMG makes 415 hp. in the Mercedes A-45, and about 370 lb ft. of torque. Of course you'd be voiding the warranty, but these numbers basically equal (better the torque #) of the V-6. AND it should weigh less. Any thoughts?
Do you want a stick or floppy paddles?

Skymira

Reaction score
Do you want a stick or floppy paddles?
I'm choosing the V-6 with manual, but just wondered if anyone was thinking about tuning the 4 with the DCT trans. since it would likely be the quicker car short of major work on the V-6 to get more power.

Timbo

Reaction score
I think there are a lot of tuning paths for the V6 also. Been around a while. I know that living in LA, I could contemplate a DCT trans though.. Parked on the 405 with a race clutch is not much fun... 🤕

NSXR

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am only interested a manual transmission so it has to be the V6 for me. I think tuners will give options for increasing Performance as they have with the Evora. But 416 BHP in the V6 will be enough for most I think.

Andy

Reaction score
Was undecided yesterday, but playing with the configurator last night this is my spec so far
Nimbus Grey - 3.5 V6 manual - Design 1 Gloss Black Wheels - Yellow Brake Calipers - Black Alcantara Seats with Yellow Stiching - Black Alcantara Steering Wheel with Yellow Line Once the full options list comes out hopefully also uprated Stereo (KEF) front and rear parking sensors and rear Camera, also full PPF.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
The only reason I would consider the 4 cylinder is because of the DCT option that comes with it. I think you could end up making that a really fast track car, but there are plenty of other cars out there that already do that well out of the box.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Scratch that, I'm going with the most powerful engine and that looks to be the supercharged V6. Can we confirm that it is indeed 400hp? I can seem to find that number anywhere on Lotus' site???
A lotus rep said it’s actually 416hp in a video from Goodwood, so who knows?

Bertone GT

Reaction score
The AMG is certainly an excellent engine and the car will probably handle even better with the lighter engine.
Nevertheless, for me the only point of buying this car is the driver involvement, so the only option for me is the V6 manual. I am praying that the V6 manual will be sold at the claimed 60k£.
As I want to daily drive the car, I dont want to spend too much money on it. Mine will certainly not be a garage queen.
By the way, does anybody know about the service intervals of the V6? Being a Toyota base engine it should be something 15-20k miles?