What did you do to your Emira today?

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Installed wheel spacers yesterday….12mm all around, perfect in my eyes……got them out of the UK after a long search, like that they are not black, blends in nicely….shoutout to https://www.pcdparts.co.uk/

I got it on their ebay store…very reasonably priced👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_7874.jpeg
    IMG_7874.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7877.jpeg
    IMG_7877.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_7876.jpeg
    IMG_7876.jpeg
    315.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7875.jpeg
    IMG_7875.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Installed wheel spacers yesterday….12mm all around, perfect in my eyes……got them out of the UK after a long search, like that they are not black, blends in nicely….shoutout to https://www.pcdparts.co.uk/

That looks great. Strongly considering this. Can you get some more side/angle shots? I'd like to see how wheel gap looks with just 12mm spacers.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That looks great. Strongly considering this. Can you get some more side/angle shots? I'd like to see how wheel gap looks with just 12mm spacers.
I was getting the car lowered….but I think I am leaving it as it is for now…..it is growing on me, and it is not a track car anyways…….
Did you get the sport or touring setup?

Attachments

• IMG_7882.jpeg
    IMG_7882.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7881.jpeg
    IMG_7881.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7880.jpeg
    IMG_7880.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_7879.jpeg
    IMG_7879.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 92

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was getting the car lowered….but I think I am leaving it as it is for now…..it is growing on me, and it is not a track car anyways…….
Did you get the sport or touring setup?
I have sport setup. I too have been vacillating on whether or not to lower. I've scraped 3 times now total so I really kind of want to leave it where it is, hence the request for add'l pictures with spacers as they can often seem to lessen the visible wheel gap. Those are nice pics, thanks man!

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have sport setup. I too have been vacillating on whether or not to lower. I've scraped 3 times now total so I really kind of want to leave it where it is, hence the request for add'l pictures with spacers as they can often seem to lessen the visible wheel gap. Those are nice pics, thanks man!
Wow, I have not scraped once yet, that is good to know and solidifies my current thought to keep as is……the spacers did help the optics, and it truly is perfect equal protrusion on all 4 corners…..I am OCD as far as these things go😂
You will need 42mm lug bolts, I got these from Amazon, perfect fit as well, 9 turns……I tried 40 and 45 and had to return them…..
www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJ2TM7G?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Last edited:

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

12mm is quite a lot. It looks good, the wheels can definitely do with being pushed out a bit more than standard.

Are you running Sport or Tour Suspension? Notice any difference on the steering feel?

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
12mm is quite a lot. It looks good, the wheels can definitely do with being pushed out a bit more than standard.

Are you running Sport or Tour Suspension? Notice any difference on the steering feel?
I am on Sport, can not tell much of a steering difference, and I certainly did it for the visual effects over handling improvements. Happily I can report though no adverse effects due to the spacers, so that is great. Highly recommendable, and considering the cost, all in with lug bolts less then $200.- and the spacers even coming from the UK👍

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am on Sport, can not tell much of a steering difference, and I certainly did it for the visual effects over handling improvements. Happily I can report though no adverse effects due to the spacers, so that is great. Highly recommendable, and considering the cost, all in with lug bolts less then $200.- and the spacers even coming from the UK👍
I just ordered a set, thanks for sharing that (y)

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just ordered a set, thanks for sharing that (y)
Do you have a V6 or I4 given you are in China. I heard the rear suspension setup is completely different on the AMG, given its transmission, etc…..the offset might be different In the rear.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you have a V6 or I4 given you are in China. I heard the rear suspension setup is completely different on the AMG, given its transmission, etc…..the offset might be different In the rear.
I’ve got an I4 in China. Sending the parts to my dad in London, will grab them in the summer.

I’m pretty sure the offset is the same between I4 and V6, the standard wheels are the same. Whilst there are some suspension differences, but I don’t think there is any significant difference in how the wheels sit in the wheel well.

There is definitely room to push the wheels out and give it a better stance. 12mm is a bit more than I would’ve gone, but it should be fine. Not a lot of money, so worth a try.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

@GRP recommended 10mm for this application, so I think I might try that in the future.

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Took a joy ride around the neighborhood. Took me back to early high school when I would practice on my Dad's car after school. Familiarized myself with the controls and touch points. Someone in a 3 series waived at me and I waived back lol. Gotta remember to be friendly and courteous when out. Can't wipe the smile off my face and I kept it below 45 mph / 4k rpm. Caught a glimpse of my reflection in a store front and thought what the F**K is that? People were breaking their necks, myself included. It's gonna be a hot summer! I need cold shower, a cigarette and a sandwich after all that.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Took a joy ride around the neighborhood. Took me back to early high school when I would practice on my Dad's car after school. Familiarized myself with the controls and touch points. Someone in a 3 series waived at me and I waived back lol. Gotta remember to be friendly and courteous when out. Can't wipe the smile off my face and I kept it below 45 mph / 4k rpm. Caught a glimpse of my reflection in a store front and thought what the F**K is that? People were breaking their necks, myself included. It's gonna be a hot summer! I need cold shower, a cigarette and a sandwich after all that.
Love it. The best way to garner a positive reputation for sports car drivers is "always drive with a smile". Helps a lot if your car forces the grin...

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Love it. The best way to garner a positive reputation for sports car drivers is "always drive with a smile". Helps a lot if your car forces the grin...
Had a Subaru Forester of all cars driving in front of me, all the sudden his/her hands came out making a “heart” sign…😍…another situation at a traffic light, I thought the guy was starting an argument until I understood he was yelling “shut the #$%! up, what is this dude……you are blessed man, you are blessed”😂😂……and these are just a few stories…….This car is a show stopper, 100% it will wane off a little once they become a little more popular, but they will be staying fairly rare for sure…..

I can only recommend the decat pipe, Larini exhaust and Milltek valve controller, now it sounds like a supercar as well, downtown between the skyscraper, it is a head turner from hundreds of yards away……..just awesome…..and the kid was right, we are blessed to have the fortune to drive these cars !!!

Last edited:
OP
M

MYFASTEFE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
And the valve controller is in. Did a few things to the car last night.
VALVE.jpg