• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What colour have you ordered?

What colour will you choose?

• Total voters

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What colour have you ordered?

Last edited:

Rammie

Reaction score
Nimbus grey, it is not really grey more like beige or crayon. Need to see a real colour swatch to be 100 percent sure.

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now some of you have seen the swatches and the mockups on here has your colour decision changed?

I know I keep swaying, was originally definite on yellow, but if the red really looks like the mockups rather than it does on the configurator, then i am confused now.

If your thoughts have changed then please update your vote so we can see what people are considering....

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m sticking with Hethel Yellow but after seeing the show car again am probably switching interior from black leather to black alcantara with yellow stitching. Sticking with black gloss wheels, full black pack and yellow calipers.

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m sticking with Hethel Yellow but after seeing the show car again am probably switching interior from black leather to black alcantara with yellow stitching. Sticking with black gloss wheels, full black pack and yellow calipers.
That was exactly what I had initially planned to go for, my current car (Audi TTS) has alcantara and I really like it. I had discounted the red completely as the configurator just didn't catch me, but seeing the swatches and mock ups you posted I really am now torn. We really need to see larger examples of each colour rather than just swatches.

SteveB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That was exactly what I had initially planned to go for, my current car (Audi TTS) has alcantara and I really like it. I had discounted the red completely as the configurator just didn't catch me, but seeing the swatches and mock ups you posted I really am now torn. We really need to see larger examples of each colour rather than just swatches.
How well does Alacantra fabric retain its appearance? Does it crush and turn shiny with use or keep its matt finish?

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How well does Alacantra fabric retain its appearance? Does it crush and turn shiny with use or keep its matt finish?
I have had the TTS four years now and it still looks fine, not faded or shiny, still looks as good as new - so hopefully will be same in the Emira

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
I was leaning towards nimbus grey but after seeing the samples. I'm heavily thinking Magma red.
20210930_132217.jpg

SteveB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have had the TTS four years now and it still looks fine, not faded or shiny, still looks as good as new - so hopefully will be same in the Emira
Great - thanks for this info. Think I will go with black alacantra with yellow stitching - unless the cabin is too dark with this and the standard black headliner.

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Still need to see the colours in real life. Think yellow is now off the list not being a metallic. If I look at Evoras in this colour I think you lose some of the detail of curves due to solid colour.

Red was originally off the list based on configurator, but photos in last few days have me intrigued.

Loved the look of Nimbus Grey on configurator but concerned re photo samples.

Blue may be the safe bet .

Not easy this picking a colour lol.

Loved the red leather in my 400 and seeing as you spend majority of your time inside the car, feel this is just as important as the exterior colour.

Last edited:

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@TomE did you get a sense or any info that the yellow calipers match Hethel yellow or is there a discrepancy? I’m same config except blackpack, but wondered on brakes. I know badge is gonna be a different yellow but don’t mind. I think red calipers would be fun against hethel too but prefer all yellow.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s not identical, Hethel is more mustard tone

0F604508-F5A3-4179-9617-9AA9BA76B8FA.jpeg
A896A3A9-D8E3-4BB2-A467-87A089CA983D.jpeg

To further add to your colour matching dilemmas, the yellow stitching on the interior option isn’t quite the same yellow as the paint or the callipers. But that’s less obvious.

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now that everyone is starting to make decisions and confirm orders please place (or update) your vote so we can see what colours people are choosing....

TrickeeKiYay

Reaction score
Shadow grey not too popular - I’m the only person who’s indicated they’re going for it so far. And I’m only picking it because it’s the best base for a custom wrap😂

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting how even the distribution of votes is between the colours. So far disproves my theory that blue would be by far the most popular as the colour everyone got to see on the UK roadshow car.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So what colors are we not seeing for FE that will likely be coming for non FE?
Orange, White, Off white, Black, Lime Green?