What are you driving until the Emira arrives?

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As it seems the wait is going to continue, I'm resurrecting this thread with a photo of another toy that had been rotting in the garage for 7 years. Not picture perfect, but runs well!

221008-NewTireRear.jpg

Lolub

Reaction score
While I wait, driving a Honda AP1 S2000 😁
Given its seemingly perfect weight balance, I'd be curious how the Emira compares! 🤸 Never driven a mid-engine car before! 🤠

deadcruiser

Reaction score
I definitely feel like an outlier here, haha. Currently I'm carless. I was waiting on a GR86 to arrive but since I decided on an Emira I'm pulling out of that. So I'll keep using public transit / ridesharing.

If I get desperate enough, I'll just get some $4k-$5k beater. There's no way I'm buying a fun car that I'll be tempted to sink mod money into if I know I'm getting a better car in 1-1.5 years.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Impressive! Which make and model?!

I ride a '22 Honda Monkey ☺️ Too bad it's getting cold now 😑
Monkeys are fun little things, and actually quite practical! Mine is rather a frankenstein of a bike cobbled together 20 years ago; base is a 1982 Suzuki GSX750S Katana, engine swapped from a (year unknown) Suzuki GSF1200 Bandit, front and rear ends from a 1988 Suzuki GSX750RK and a (year unknown) Honda RVF750, respectively.

Lolub

Reaction score
Monkeys are fun little things, and actually quite practical! Mine is rather a frankenstein of a bike cobbled together 20 years ago; base is a 1982 Suzuki GSX750S Katana, engine swapped from a (year unknown) Suzuki GSF1200 Bandit, front and rear ends from a 1988 Suzuki GSX750RK and a (year unknown) Honda RVF750, respectively.
Thanks, and yes they are! ☺️

Wow, that does sound interesting! How' it ride?! 🤠 You track it or just on the road?

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow, that does sound interesting! How' it ride?! 🤠 You track it or just on the road?
This was used both on track and road. Leather suit is malfunctioning around the waist (won't fit) so I won't be tracking bikes... :giggle:

Lolub

Reaction score
This was used both on track and road. Leather suit is malfunctioning around the waist (won't fit) so I won't be tracking bikes... :giggle:
Niiiiceee!! Haha!! Just got a new suit myself, hope I don't have the same problem come Thanksgiving! 😛