What are you driving until the Emira arrives?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Agreed and unfortunate. However, the US market seems to be buying ~4k Golf R's a year - which isn't nothing. Not sure if that's impactful to overall Yaris GR production and/or if that's worth federalizing (and training reps, bringing in the additional parts for servicing, etc.), though.

Nevertheless, enjoy it for me / us, too!
Will do! It certainly ain't as practical as the Golf. Defo more smiles per miles though 😁

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It is a great steer. Perfect for the roads we have over here in the UK. Think more characterful Golf R. Shame you guys don't get it in the USA. Obviously been soo much big car love in USA over the years that Toyota don't think you want it! ;)
Will you keep the GR or replace it with Emira?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Will you keep the GR or replace it with Emira?
I'm slowly persuading the other half that it's the perfect small car for her ;) So probably keep :) I normally have a cheap run around as well. Currently a 700 pound bright yellow Skoda Fabia 1.9tdi. Running til it runs no more. 60mpg, leave anywhere and has only cost me 100 pounds in 2.5 years so far... #bangereconomics

Attachments

• 20200805_113341.jpg
    20200805_113341.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 60

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
It is a great steer. Perfect for the roads we have over here in the UK. Think more characterful Golf R. Shame you guys don't get it in the USA. Obviously been soo much big car love in USA over the years that Toyota don't think you want it! ;)
Now I want to drive one because everyone here in the States seems to really like the Golf R!

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Very nice R8 @Green - How are you liking it?
I love the R8. I will probably keep both unless the Emira makes me not want to drive the R8. I expect it will be a much different driving experience. First to second gear shift is a little slow for me and I’m hoping for a more nimble gearbox. I sold my 2017 Nissan GTR for the R8 Just to get back in a manual. I’m not totally in love with the gated shifter. Excited for Emira.

Vetracer

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here. Aside from my Mk7 Golf GTI, my pride and joy which gets driven at the weekends is a 1987 Porsche Carrera Supersport Targa. Really excited about getting the Emira next year and glad to be part of this forum.

Attachments

• pic9.JPG
    pic9.JPG
    418.4 KB · Views: 61