• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Random question, particularly for those in WA that have collected or about to collect (Park Place). I received my paperwork to sign and noticed there is a line item under dealer added options for B&O Tax for ~$450. Are others seeing that itemization too on their final invoice?

My understanding is that the B&O (Business and Occupancy) tax is an overhead charge for the business per WA guidance:

Oh sorry, on super close inspection I saw what appeared to be a 2 in,ch triangle relief cut that was filled perfectly with a small piece of PPF. I can send a picture if it helps. it looks so good and unnoticeable, entirely flat to the touch.

I had all the black trim on the outside, including the roof and pillars covered in black PPF even though the car already has a blackpack.
Today I visited two PPF installers in So Cal that I would call "high end" based on the cars I saw there (all significantly more expensive than the Emira). At the first shop they had already done an Emira that had left, but only front end PPF. But we looked at the XPEL templates for the Emira on the computer and indeed the triangle relief behind the intake was there. The owner with 20+ years in the business maintained that if it's there, it needs to be otherwise there is a high likelihood the film could lift in that spot. He showed me some similar "triangles" on the front end of a Porsche that were deemed necessary for the same reason. They can be more or less visible depending on the color of the car. Insofar as filling these with film, this owner said that if it's in a visible area, like he presumes the back of the intake would be, he would opt to fill it with a film triangle, being very careful to butt the edges very closely. But he did point out the possible downside to this which is, instead of having two edges to worry about, now you have four potentially if/when the film shrinks a bit where more dirt/oxidation etc. could accumulate. At the second shop, which was considerably higher end (a Carrera GT, multiple assorted Lambos and higher end Porsches, a Maybach, and one ultra supercar that I was not allowed to photograph and don't even know what it was), there was one Emira that was just started with full PPF, and @T6061 was dropping off his car (It was a nice meetup!!). At this shop I was told basically the same thing, the relief cuts are necessary. But they were against filling them, for the 4 edge reason. Instead their approach is ceramic on top the PPF which would then include ceramic coating the area exposed by the relief cut. They are also using XPEL. All told I'm learning more about the process and feeling much better about the very small relief cuts. Most that I saw at both shops were impossible to see at a "normal" distance and very hard to see up close unless you actually rubbed your finger across them. After this outing I'm convinced these guys know what they're talking about. Unless and until I hear otherwise that that is some magic film or process that absolutely won't lift without these cuts.

i mean the paint surrounding the side vents :)
So here is a photo of the side vent where I have messed around with the exposure of the photo to try and emphasize the relief cuts. You can see there is a patch to the upper left, and there is another one that’s much harder to see right in the top right of the vent that is significantly smaller… Truthfully, at even close distance in normal conditions, I have absolutely no idea they’re there. To be honest, the large patch I didn’t even notice until just now!

IMG_6630.jpeg

So here is a photo of the side vent where I have messed around with the exposure of the photo to try and emphasize the relief cuts. You can see there is a patch to the upper left, and there is another one that’s much harder to see right in the top right of the vent that is significantly smaller… Truthfully, at even close distance in normal conditions, I have absolutely no idea they’re there. To be honest, the large patch I didn’t even notice until just now!

View attachment 44128

I much prefer this to the triangle cut out someone else posted.

Congrats!
I also got a text today from dealer (Galpin), car arriving tomorrow. Car got to Baltimore on 3/29. Hope for pick up this weekend.
Thanks for sharing. I got a call on Monday and they said my car will be arriving at Park Place in WA state by Friday or Saturday. I am wondering if it is the same truck dropping off CA cars first then going up north to WA. My car was also on the 3/29 boat.

Reactions: RTM

View attachment 44128
Thanks for posting this @robrmon. I've mostly been concerned about the relief cut to the rear of the vent, but now this photo has me staring at what looks like much larger seams forward of the vent towards the door. I know it's very difficult to capture on images what these things actually look like in person, but from your photo there appears to be a significant film gap in that top line, on the order of maybe a few millimeters. Am I seeing that correctly? If so, can you feel that, see that, just standing next to the car?

Has anyone here leased their Emira through Santander (Lotus's auto financing partner)?

I am considering leasing to give me options (turn in at lease if the car is problematic, or buy it out during or at the end of the lease.)

However, a google search seems to indicate that Santander does not allow the purchase of the car during or at the end of the lease (from a post by a Volvo customer - another Geely company). I have also asked my Lotus dealer for answer but want to see if others on the forum has first-hand experience.

TIA.

Has anyone here leased their Emira through Santander
Slightly related, but has anyone inquired about loan rates from Santander? Are they offering a lower rate than the national average? The best I've gotten so far is 6.25% APR from my CU, which I think is the best that I can get given the national average. Curious if they can offer any better given they aren't a US bank and could potentially (IDK, I'm no finance guy) be unaffected by rates set by the fed.

Slightly related, but has anyone inquired about loan rates from Santander? Are they offering a lower rate than the national average? The best I've gotten so far is 6.25% APR from my CU, which I think is the best that I can get given the national average. Curious if they can offer any better given they aren't a US bank and could potentially (IDK, I'm no finance guy) be unaffected by rates set by the fed.
Try PenFed. Really good rates

Thanks for posting this @robrmon. I've mostly been concerned about the relief cut to the rear of the vent, but now this photo has me staring at what looks like much larger seams forward of the vent towards the door. I know it's very difficult to capture on images what these things actually look like in person, but from your photo there appears to be a significant film gap in that top line, on the order of maybe a few millimeters. Am I seeing that correctly? If so, can you feel that, see that, just standing next to the car?
Yes, you can feel it, however, you can’t really see it. I think this is in part due to the way he’s done it at the perfect angle where it’s invisible while standing up. Agreed it’s a few millimeters wide and arguably, I imagine that could’ve been done a little closer

BofA quoted me 5.69 last week.

I'm not sure PenFed is offering those rates anymore, rates went up about 3 weeks ago.
IMG_3049.png

These have been pen feds rate for a little while. The 4.X rates are from navy federal(but you have to have someone in the armed services to be able to join)

Agree, PenFed and Navy Federal offer 4.54% for 36 months, 4.99% up to 60 months, 5.29% for 72 months. Very competitive.
I asked Navy Federal and they offered 8%

Navy Federal has 4.99.

As of today 5/23:
1000035103.png