USA/Canada Delivery Thread

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That sounds like a fun idea.

Long time lurker on the forum, have found it incredibly helpful given the near radio silence of updates.

Deposit placed in July 21 at Park Place (Bellevue WA), order confirmed May 22

FE1.0 - Dark Verdant, Touring, tan leather, diamond cut wheels with yellow calipers and let's see how the double negative privacy glass turns up :)
Yep, the wording wasn't clear.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Gator. Quote from their email dated 3/15/24:

I know many, if not most of you, have contacted us over the last week or two, and our current
reality is that we cannot keep up with the influx of inquiries and deliver Emira to
customers at the same time.
Wow. I appreciate the proactive approach but how about including some more detailed and useful information? Oh wait, Lotus.

Dr.JDK

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My car was on the 4/7 ship and my guy at Park Place said it's on the truck on its way, and should be there Monday. I think it's reasonable to expect the cars that have to be transported all the way across the country, like the west coast dealers, to arrive sometime next week.
Damn that is so fast. Mine is on the 3/29 boat. I checked with my guy at PP yesterday, and he said my car is still at the port.

VroomPop

Reaction score
That sounds like a fun idea.

Long time lurker on the forum, have found it incredibly helpful given the near radio silence of updates.

Deposit placed in July 21 at Park Place (Bellevue WA), order confirmed May 22

FE1.0 - Dark Verdant, Touring, tan leather, diamond cut wheels with yellow calipers and let's see how the double negative privacy glass turns up :)
All same! Great choices. Great car. Still excited despite all the shenanigans.

Reactions: RTM

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
dealers are starting to call about cars on lot that they need sold. it will be interesting to see the take rate for these first edition arrivals.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here. The "take rate"?

Every single car arriving is tied to a depositor that has had money tied up in this for literally years now. The idea that people would walk away after the car arrives when they could have done so at any point in the last 2+ years doesn't make any sense at all.

The few people that have seen doing that are either throwing a little adult tantrum, or have such a level of absurd money that they threw a deposit on a car years ago and then forgot about it and are now too busy driving their GT3 RS or 812 Superfast or whatever.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Every single car arriving is tied to a depositor that has had money tied up in this for literally years now. The idea that people would walk away after the car arrives when they could have done so at any point in the last 2+ years doesn't make any sense at all.

The few people that have seen doing that are either throwing a little adult tantrum, or have such a level of absurd money that they threw a deposit on a car years ago and then forgot about it and are now too busy driving their GT3 RS or 812 Superfast or whatever.
Life changes. Some people just cant go thru w it financially. Why cancel preemptively when you hope things may improve for you. But when car arrives and it's time to pony up they will have to. Plus in Calif you can put a deposit down amd get a full refund at any time. Some may have gotten caught up in the moment but back out upon arrival. My prediction is we will see a little inventory sitting on lots selling for 2.0 MSRP

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Trying to see my car getting built is getting harder. On the other hand it moved up one day to 9am on 14th so I'm even closer!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Life changes. Some people just cant go thru w it financially. Why cancel preemptively when you hope things may improve for you. But when car arrives and it's time to pony up they will have to. Plus in Calif you can put a deposit down amd get a full refund at any time. Some may have gotten caught up in the moment but back out upon arrival. My prediction is we will see a little inventory sitting on lots selling for 2.0 MSRP
That stuff happens, sure. But most of those people figure it out and cancel gracefully before being confronted with the need to deliver $100k to a dealer for a vehicle they don't have the intention or ability to own.

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did anyone else receive an email from Lotus regarding customer experience?
Screenshot_20240418_114341_BlueMail.jpg

Reaction score

if all of these cars were already spoken for then my local dealer wouldn't of been calling me 3 times in the last two weeks to try and raise my FOMO. the initial offer was a $116K price. that is either a +$21K or + $14K mark up. unlike many, i'm in zero rush.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did anyone else receive an email from Lotus regarding customer experience?View attachment 41452
Yes, a few days ago. I was careful to separate my comments from Lotus US, the car itself and the dealership. If they read my comments, they'll get the message!

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did anyone else receive an email from Lotus regarding customer experience?View attachment 41452
Iā€™d tell Lotus, Be careful asking questions you don't want the answers toā€¦.

Also canā€™t they read the forums. Itā€™s pretty clear what their customers are saying? (Rhetorical question)

Last edited:

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Do we have info on the next boat leaving Liverpool? I had been told the next shipment will be the largest yet, but I wouldnā€™t count on the dealers finding out that boat is en route until a few days later or even reaches the USā€¦

Dr.JDK

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Another data point for the NW folks:

Park Place in Bellevue just emailed 20 minutes ago informing me my FE2.0 was on a truck enroute to WA and should arrive next week. Ironically, I STILL haven't been given a VIN, so I asked them (for the third time) now that they can't deny my car exists...

They also offered XPEL and ceramic coatings for those interested.

Deposit: Dec 1st, 2021
Order: Aug 10th, 2023
Congrats!
I just don't understand the logistics of Lotus USA. My car arrived earlier on March 29th, and it is a FE 1.0. Somehow people on the April 6th boat got their cars earlier than the March 29th batch. o_O
Cannot wrap my head around this. I am going to my best friend's wedding next week and won't be back until May. Not sure if I can see the car when I come back from the trip. Oh.. my.. L:rolleyes:tus....